https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/10/woman...eplay-9881778/
    Hmmm, what kind of nonsense is this?

Comment

It's always Florida isn't it..

Comment

Home Secretary's exclusion from state banquet "odd"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48620951

Comment

More importantly, if it protects the face from inhaling water droplets on the face I'm all for it.

Comment

More importantly, if it protects the face from inhaling water droplets on the face I'm all for it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1139173072982949888

Comment

So.

Using the abloutions in the city centre.

Bloke in next stall zips up.

Walks to hand drier.

Dries hands.

Has NOT been to wash basin...

Comment

Christ almighty.

Has anyone read today's Guardian magazine?

"I killed my classmate with a javelin on sports day"

Comment

Regarding the homophobic assaults on a London bus that was discussed two pages back, one of those attacked asks a series of very provocative (in the academic sense of word) questions about the response to it:- https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ge-media-white

That article will get a lot of defensive reactions, I'm sure. I know I was like that at first. But I'll try and back away from that and understand what she says. I think she may be making a series of very good difficult points here.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                    Christ almighty.

That was a horrible story, wasn't it? How do people go on after an event such as that? Well, the article provides an answer, with great difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                      Regarding the homophobic assaults on a London bus that was discussed two pages back, one of those attacked asks a series of very provocative (in the academic sense of word) questions about the response to it:- https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ge-media-white

That article will get a lot of defensive reactions, I'm sure. I know I was like that at first. But I'll try and back away from that and understand what she says. I think she may be making a series of very good difficult points here.
                      She is fucking awesome. A lot of those points needed to be made, but only she could make them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

She is fucking awesome. A lot of those points needed to be made, but only she could make them.
                        Agreed. and, predictably, taken a lot of flak from the likes of Sarah Ditum

Comment

Never heard of her. Do I need to investigate?

Comment

Christ almighty.

On purpose?

A few states don’t have high school javelin anymore because there have been a few accidents.

Comment

Christ almighty.

I kept seeing links to this story on FB and Twitter, but I was too squeamish to read past the headline. What a horrible thing to go through--for all involved.

Comment

It was an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                  Agreed. and, predictably, taken a lot of flak from the likes of Sarah Ditum
                                  I had to look up who she is, and one of the first entries was "Trans rights should not come at the expense of women's fragile gains."

Seriously who the fuck are these people, and why do they think this is OK?

Comment

Sounds like the "A" level gardening and horticulture exam has gone down well then...

Comment

Not hugely WTF but quite funny: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48663289

Comment

Velux report possibility of spontaneous glass breakage

http://velux-pw.velux.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Hmmmmm, this seems to be a good thread to return to after a brief hiatus.

This is a typical article from the LGBT community that raises my hackles and really pisses me off.

They mention racism against people of colour and immigrants and call out white Supremacy. And I thought good, this is excellent.........
                                          Until she listed the organisations where people should donate to help the afflicted and opressed.

She can in my opinion go do one.
                                          This is a prime example why these LGBT organisations are viewed with suspicion from the black community.
                                          It is not, as the chin stroking Liberals say that black society is homophobic or Transphobic, we object to being used as mascots for other people's issue only to be cut out of any benefits?

Comment

Sorry...I'm unclear what you're objecting to.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                              Sorry...I'm unclear what you're objecting to.
                                              Seriously,

Ok, I'll break it down.

Make the extraordinary reaction to our attack the norm. I beg you to amplify and channel this energy to hold accountable the intersecting web of elected politicians, government agencies and corporations who have reinforced a status quo of clearly delineated inequality long before this single attack in 2019. Redirect your money from rainbow capitalism to people-of-colour-led organisations striving for justice. I donated to the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice, Trans Women of Color Collective and Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund. Question why the photo of two attractive, white cisgender women compelled you to post about Pride for the first time.

Learn the names and stories of Muhlaysia Booker, Dana Martin, Chanel Scurlock. Elevate those who have been advocating for the basic rights and safety of communities marginalised by our existing political, economic and social structures long before I got punched in the face. Finding the right leaders takes some research and real-world activity. Their frequent absence from today’s headlines is not coincidental to their crusades. Stand up for yourselves and each other, and fight back.
                                              So she listed a broad range of oppressed people, then recommended money should be donated to a very small subsection of those oppressed people.
                                              Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Seriously,

Ok, I'll break it down.

So she listed a broad range of oppressed people, then recommended money should be donated to a very small subsection of those oppressed people.
                                                Does that make sense?
                                                Used as examples?

Go and find out for yourselves who are the oppressed of any community and donate to their cause(s) as you see fit, surely?

Comment

Used as examples?

Go and find out for yourselves who are the oppressed of any community and donate to their cause(s) as you see fit, surely?
                                                  Oh come on, she will get a whole bunch of sympathy from whoever with a heart that reads this article, they are not going to hand over money to anyone else apart from her hand picked organisations.
                                                  You shouldn't be naming people you are not prepared to share the cheque with. And this is pretty common with other organisations using black people to further thier agenda and then dropping them when they have served their purpose. This is the same as the Jussie Smollett issue.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X