No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does that square with the plot of One, Two, Three?

Comment

The pub bar snack menu.

"Courgette & sweetcorn Pakoras
      with pickled cucumber"

JUST FUCK OFF!!!!
      Last edited by Guy Profumo; 30-05-2019, 17:26.

Comment

Sorry.

Also (V)

Comment

Among the many surprising things in that article is the discovery that Royal Caribbean name a ship The Mariner of the Seas. Is there another kind of mariner?

Comment

Jaw-dropping wtfery here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48496652

How is this legal?

How was it sanctioned by the institution responsible for it?

How come their lawyers didn't stop it?

How come he's not behind bars pending trial?

Their lawyers.

Their

Their their their.

Comment

It wasn't legal, even in China.

Which is why he is under house arrest.

Oversight appears to have been non-existent, largely because he raised his own funds.

Comment

Ok.

That's a fair cop

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Among the many surprising things in that article is the discovery that Royal Caribbean name a ship The Mariner of the Seas. Is there another kind of mariner?
                  Of Ipswich Town and Plymouth Argyle?

Comment

Watch the video in this article: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...-unbelievable/

This so-called preacher is terrifying, like a character straight out of a Stephen King novel. Imagine being his kid or his wife.

Comment

A swarm of Southern California ladybirds shows up as a desert storm on weather service radar.

Comment

This country.

I mean.

Has it come to this?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!

(Apologies for the shouting and the multiple exclams)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48555889

Comment

Is there evidence that homophobic hate crimes are actually rising or are the police just doing a better job of classifying them properly?

Comment

Either.

But there's certainly more of them being reported in MSM.

Comment

I saw that a while ago but I was too disgusted to flag it up or comment on it.

Comment

Ok.

That's a fair cop.

Comment

Oh. And racist hate crimes and incidents are rising.

Emboldened by the Kipper/ Brexit Party scum

Comment

I was just about to post that. No apologies needed.

Whilst I freely admit to having a hair trigger temper and losing my rag about trivial stuff I really shouldn't, I am not by nature either a violent or vindictive person, and I am certainly not a hang 'em and flog 'em time, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the arseholes that did this fell down a flight of stairs.

When this came up on my Twitter feed, I had basically the same reaction as Guy. In what sort of society is this acceptable?

Bantz, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      Either.

But there's certainly more of them being reported in MSM.
                                      That offers some hope. At least now, the general socially accepted response to this is outrage. In 1994, I would not have expected that to be the case in 2019. So that's positive, I guess.

Even your conservative PM claimed outrage. I don't think we'd get that from our conservative leadership here. At best, they'd feign sympathy for the victims as a way to blame Mexicans.

Comment

There's good and bad people on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                          There's good and bad people on both sides.
                                          Name a good person on the side of bigotry then.

Comment

I think you'll find eggy was being satirical about the supposed US govt. Reaction as imagined by Hot Pepsi.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                              I think you'll find eggy was being satirical about the supposed US govt. Reaction as imagined by Hot Pepsi.
                                              Thank you.

I stand corrected.

Mea Maxima Culpa, Magister.

Comment

(And as I sidebar, is "I think you'll find..." the most single patronising upbraid there is?

I remember it from the late 80s when we used it to shoot down in flames idiots who espoused bollocks.

And I accept that criticism in that very spirit)

Comment

My FIL is prone to "...when the reality is..." to counter anyone else's opinion. Cuz he's the only one with reality-based opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    I saw that a while ago but I was too disgusted to flag it up or comment on it.
                                                    Sixteen year old arrested in connection with this.

Where in the name of all that is holy do these fuckers get this from?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48566800

Comment

Working...
                                                    X