The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOM View Post
    Is Parliament still in session at this hour, or are you just free-associating?
    It's just been prorogued. Tories walk out, Speaker leaves after calling prorogation an "act of executive fiat." Opposition MPs chanting and singing and holding up signs reading "Silenced!"

Comment

This Sky Cunt is a well fed Toby jug looking prick. First name is John.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

You might need to learn to read. He was told by someone from her own party.

F*ckwits abound.

As for Snake's post, Burnley will win the next 10 FA cups before the LDs win an outright majority.

No chance.
        Well ya never mentioned that pertinent fact. But now it's time to follow Ursus and put yer weak as Carling patter on ignore Gonzo.

Comment

Of course Welsh Labour are the best singers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Well ya never mentioned that pertinent fact. But now it's time to follow Ursus and put yer weak as Carling patter on ignore Gonzo.
            Ok Donald.

It only took an hour...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

She'll do anything to get her face on telly.
                That's her handbag not her. Morgan is an absolute disgrace, she has no shame. At least Rudd eventually had the decency to say thay she'd been played by Johnson.

Comment

It'd never occurred to me that Jo Swinson sounded posh (which I assume is what LS means by 'balls in the mouth'). Since I first heard her speak I've thought she sounds like she grew up on a farm in Devon or Cornwall. Regardless of that, though, I am staggered to discover she's Glaswegian. Maybe it's a plummy accent, maybe it's a farmer's accent, but it certainly isn't any Glaswegian accent I've ever heard.

Comment

Bearsden is Glesga posh. I'm intrigued that she sounds Westward Ho Wurzel to English listeners

Comment

Who is Bearsden?

Comment

Where- outer suburb north of Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                          The stepdaughter and grand-kids were at the highland games on Saturday. So was HRM and sundry other celebs including BJ. There was, apparently, much whispering behind hands and raised eyebrows. My nine-year-old grand-daughter, realising it must be someone well-known but not knowing exactly who, asked in a fairly loud voice. "Who is that man? Is he James Bond?" Much tittering from those who overheard, and voice from a few yards away replied "Oh he wishes he was sweetheart, he really wishes he was."
                          It's a nice story, but it's not true I'm afraid.
                          Boris was at Balmoral on Friday, but made a hasty exit from Aberdeen Airport on Saturday morning.

Comment

Aha.

Comment

Jo Swinson reminds me of an ex-girlfriend of mine (looks rather than political machinations) so I find myself getting weirdly defensive of her whenever anyone has a pop.

Comment

Umunna, Swinson (sorry, NS) and co. have spent months agitating and marching for a People's Vote, but it appears that they're now going to go into a GE explicitly ruling one out 'if we get power'. Odd.

Comment

A Liberals majority isn't going to happen, of course, and they know this, of course. And it isn't even their party policy, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                    Umunna, Swinson (sorry, NS) and co. have spent months agitating and marching for a People's Vote, but it appears that they're now going to go into a GE explicitly ruling one out 'if we get power'. Odd.
                                    Not that I'm defending them, do you mean by this they are now saying they support revoking Article 50, which I'd be in favour of, though still only a <10% chance I'd ever vote for them again.

Comment

Evidently private polling by the Tories shows them failing to reach a majority, in contrast to other opinion polls. Is there something more rigorous about private polls, I wonder. Anyone here an expert?

Comment

I don't think it's the Tories doing private polls unless they're worried about the BP, later will ask my polling insider who told me it was all Scottish government, SNP & LD stuff.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs...

Comment

Well the Tories are doing private polling Gonzo. Btw are you saying the Scottish Govt(as in civil service working for ministers) are doing polling? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                              Bearsden is Glesga posh. I'm intrigued that she sounds Westward Ho Wurzel to English listeners
                                              I shared a house with someone from Bearsden. He explained where he was from by saying "It's the part of glasgow where 'The biscuit' lives in Taggart."

Comment

Last 10-15 seconds of that clip is pure Victor Meldrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                  Well the Tories are doing private polling Gonzo. Btw are you saying the Scottish Govt(as in civil service working for ministers) are doing polling? Really?
                                                  Donnie, Donnie don't ever change.

Though you might need to change your optical prescription...

I will update later, getting stuff sent to me regardless.

#Politicalgeeks

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                                                    I don't think it's the Tories doing private polls unless they're worried about the BP, later will ask my polling insider who told me it was all Scottish government, SNP & LD stuff.
                                                    "On Monday, Jason Stein, an aide to Amber Rudd, a former cabinet minister, said private polling done on behalf of Downing Street and revealed to special advisers had suggested the Conservatives would end up with 295 to 300 seats, well short of the 326 required for a majority."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X