• Show
Clear All

• S. aureus
    replied
    Cod liver oil?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Apparently Grimsby is going to be saved post-Brexit by processing fish guts into pharmaceuticals.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Would be easier for businesses to get on with it if there were a working customs system, say. Also this

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    These fucking adverts from the government I keep hearing featuring ridiculous cred regional accents saying if you're a business or just a person who wants to do business with, or just even dare visit Europe as a person in 2021 then you better fucking smile and get on with it cos it's going to bloody happen whether it's totally bloody ridiculous or not...

How much did they pay Hans Zimmer or a cheap, brexity replacement wannabee Hans Zimmer for the music?

Thinking about test and trace consultancies here. #feedthebloodykidz.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    The question of airport queues re-emerges.
    I'm guessing that countries desperate for tourists (Greece, Spain) will find a workaround and those that think Brits are a pain in the arse will apply the law stringently. OTOH I've know friends to be stuck in Rhodes arrivals for three hours even under current rules because UK is not in Schengen; smaller airports just aren't equipped to handle the flights they receive (whereas taking an international flight to Athens then connecting to Rhodes after clearing immigration has always been a breeze).
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-10-2020, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    No. She was about 90. But good to see the Heilan Polis rushing to help the PSNI investigation

Leave a comment:

• steviecowden
    replied
    Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post

Heh. Was talking yesterday to my friend Brian who actually lives and works there* (in real life it's Belleek by name, bleak by nature). He has claimed personal credit for the election result in still marginal Fermanagh & South Tyrone: his elderly aunt died just before the last GE, so the entire UUP-supporting extended family sat it out as a mark of respect.

* furlough at Belleek Pottery likely not to be extended alas
    did he murder her?

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    The Financial Times editorial for the 2015 election
    (Miliband v Cameron)

The choice is therefore between a dynamic, flexible and open economy delivering higher living standards for all, and a pinched nationalism that clings to the past. Little England or Great Britain.
    So they endorsed....

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The question of airport queues re-emerges.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Macron prepares concessions on fish.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    "LPF, governance, fisheries, energy and goods/services provisions"

aka, most of the trade agreement

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Some platitudes from Barnier appear to have ended Johnson's faux huff:

https://twitter.com/DanielFerrie/status/1318947258738638850

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    https://twitter.com/_DanielRyan/status/1318440889195417600

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    It might have changed, but when I was working in the Ag sector of government the Australian deal with the EU came with all sorts of caveats and regulations around environmental standards and the like. Surprised this is meant to be a good thing visa vi taking back control.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Was this a photo of Johnson taken in an Italian airport?

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Those fucking lefty clerics.
    I visualised the caretaker of an abandoned theme park saying that. Which I suppose Johnson is, really.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Those fucking lefty clerics.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Getting the hump with the Church of England counts as a return to traditional Conservative values by the standards of this mob.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The new enemies of the people:

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1317935671101825025

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Private Walker ..

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    The "blitz spirit" was largely a myth anyway. Crime apparently soared (looting and black marketeering especally.)

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    And that quite a significant number of people have shat themselves and started protesting when asked to stay inside in order to not kill other people.
    I bet it's a busy Venn diagram intersection between the 'Blitz spirit will carry us through Brexit' and 'Masks are freedom killers and I'll do what I want'...

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Are you saying that large parts of the English public of 2020 are perhaps not exactly as tolerant of hardship as those who lived through World War I, the Spanish Flu, the Great Depression, and the generally much shittier conditions of everyone nearly a century ago? How very dare you!

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    And that quite a significant number of people have shat themselves and started protesting when asked to stay inside in order to not kill other people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X