No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to look up who John Mills was. this interview was the first thing on his twitter feed.

I'm not sure that this helps, but he is very old, and clearly doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      Storyville tonight (9pm, BBC4) looks interesting:

It wasn't.

Comment

There\s an EU summit in Sibiu, Romania this week, and Juncker has been answering questions

Among his comments "By the way, why do we speak English? Everyone understands English, but no one understands England."
        https://www.digi24.ro/stiri/externe/...anglia-1127561

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Cricket festival, work, or ollibobs?
          Ollibobs... 6 weeks touring the delights of the old country and England. Me, the wife and a couple of friends originally from the NE of England....gonny show them some culture fae north of the border

Comment

When and where will you be in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Iirc you've got a US passport meaning you're treated well and don't have to apply for visas to go to Europe etc, my wife is Turkish so to go practically anywhere she needed to apply for a visa which was often a degrading experience hence the reason she went for citizenship.
              Ah, of course, makes total sense then. I'm sure she felt a bit cheesed off about it.

Comment

Mary Kenny defends Farage:

http://twitter.com/Muinchille/status/1126781745578299393

Comment

So are the cuddly Lib Dems really teaming up with UKIP and the Tories to keep Labour from controlling Bolton council? Or is that just rumour?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                    So are the cuddly Lib Dems really teaming up with UKIP and the Tories to keep Labour from controlling Bolton council? Or is that just rumour?
                    Both there and in Darlington.

Comment

Darlington doesn't have any UKIP councillors, as far as I can see. Bolton looks pretty dodgy, mind. Though it has to be said that "Labour not winning enough council seats" is the main reason Labour can't lead the council.

Comment

Heh, true - still, lives up to the view that the Lib Dems will team up with anyone for a sniff of power.

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate them with a passion. But Labour should own its own failures.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            Darlington doesn't have any UKIP councillors, as far as I can see. Bolton looks pretty dodgy, mind. Though it has to be said that "Labour not winning enough council seats" is the main reason Labour can't lead the council.
                            Just meant that they were also joining forces with the Tories there.

Comment

No "must" about that at all, is there? You can get to 26 without the Greens. And you can run a minority administration.

Comment

Irony:

The Conservative campaign hammered Labour on the state of the town centre in Darlington and particularly its decision to outsource litter enforcement to a private company.
                                And proof that being more Tory than the Tories gets you nowhere.

Comment

Yeah it's a Tory/Lib Dem/Ind coalition (of sorts, more of a confidence and supply agreement than a proper coalition) in Darlo, no Greens involved. Always good to have a reminder that the Lib Dems are a bunch of unprincipled tossers, in case the memory of their last betrayal was starting to fade.

Comment

At least one senior Tory MP is open about his opinions on Ireland:

http://twitter.com/CrispinBlunt/status/1126886830882938880

Comment

Apropos of Darlo and other councils, are there many "Independents" who don't naturally side with the Tories?

And as for the Lib Dems, Tories in everything but name.

LTV

Comment

Herefordshire Council has 2 distinct groups of Indys. Effectively one Tory, one Greenish

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                          Herefordshire Council has 2 distinct groups of Indys. Effectively one Tory, one Greenish
                                          Splitters!

Comment

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1127250315257044993

Comment

Yeah, this is terrifying.

Comment

It's not good, but on a uniform swing projection, from 2017 assuming Brexit party votes match UKIP voting patterns (a lot of assumptions I know), then in England Labour would win 268 seats, Tories 225, Lib Dem 29 and Brexit party 8, Others would win 4. Once it starts going above 24-25 then Brexit party starts winning a lot more seats.

Comment

While Electoral Calculus (which is a bit more sophisticated) would have for GB
                                                  Labour 310
                                                  Tories 194
                                                  SNP 55
                                                  Brexit 26
                                                  LD 22
                                                  Plaid 4
                                                  Green 1

Comment

Et tu, Palace?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X