Next Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Prime Minister

N est à? wrote: Really doubt Gove would be in line for anything more than a token position under May. The one thing you and she might agree on is the assessment of that little twerp's skill-set.
    Who's the smart Brexiter though? Given David Davis isn't coming back.

Might as well give it to a prominent one.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
      Originally posted by Lang Spoon
      Mibees best for the Fleg folk Gove won't be PM: here's a beauty from the Times Journalist putting the dreary steeples to rights..

https://www.cps.org.uk/files/reports/original/111220142628-thepriceofpeace2000MichaelGove.pdf
      That's hilarious. I think you can gauge just how little he understands about the north from this one sentence tucked away in the middle.
      This from the poster who claims the Nordies 'aren't fit to be let out'
      Some plums on ye.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

They're all talking as if giving people the opportunity to climb the ladder to the top is a new and radical thing. It's 2016, FFS.

You're welcome to any of these idiots. My application for new nationality gains strength.

A country where "Good Old Ken Clarke" is regarded as a an adequate voice of dissention. Er, it's your next bloody Prime Minister at stake.

Pathetic country that will continue to be spoon fed lies.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

"Social mobility" can be used to justify any old rubbish. New schools with fewer free school meal kids than the others? Social mobility. Benefit cuts? Social mobility.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

This from the poster who claims the Nordies 'aren't fit to be let out'
            Some plums on ye.

but not "fit to be let out" seems like a robust, and astute assessment of the situation.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: "Social mobility" can be used to justify any old rubbish. New schools with fewer free school meal kids than the others? Social mobility. Benefit cuts? Social mobility.
              There will be lots of social mobility: people effortlessly sliding into unemployment and, those that can, fuqing off to work in another country.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: May 165
                Leadsom 66
                Gove 48
                Crabb 34
                Fox 16

Foxy is out.
                Please...Crabbe and Goyle are out, too.

So what's the story with May? Intelligent? Decent human being? I mean, Tory of course. But good Tory or bad?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Bad tory, and a nasty home secretary, but not as patently terrible a person as the other four.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gimlet eyed opponent of human rights act. sufficiently competent for all the tories to get behind her, and for papers to push her as the credible one, as opposed to who ever is leading the labour party.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

WOM wrote:
                      Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
                      May 165
                      Leadsom 66
                      Gove 48
                      Crabb 34
                      Fox 16

Foxy is out.
                      Please...Crabbe and Goyle are out, too.

So what's the story with May? Intelligent? Decent human being? I mean, Tory of course. But good Tory or bad?
                      No frills, "experienced", hides being a career-driven sociopath better than most Tories. And, well, the rest are considered useless (even by current standards).

Comment

Next Prime Minister

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: This from the poster who claims the Nordies 'aren't fit to be let out'
                        Some plums on ye.

but not "fit to be let out" seems like a robust, and astute assessment of the situation.
                        Gove's a stupid pointless cunt, but he's only come out with this ignorant load of toss once that we're aware of, though.
                        For you it's a vocation.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Gimlet eyed opponent of human rights act. sufficiently competent for all the tories to get behind her, and for papers to push her as the credible one, as opposed to who ever is leading the labour party.
                          She's dropped the Human Rights Act bollocks thankfully, because there are some Tory lawyers who'd vote it down.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Crabb withdraws. Ought to be a fair few more for May in that.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

May's dropped the HRA repeal out of expediency; she remains an opponent of virtually everything I believe in.

And yet she is still the best of a bunch that reminds of the 2008 Republican Primary field.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Unfortunately, unlike that 2008 primary we know that one of these people will end up running the country.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

I kind of hope there's truth in the May getting Gove into 2nd place rumour. Mini Margaret is pretty scary and I'd be glad to see Angela pushed out to spend more time with her tax returns, though can see stopping her this way backfiring.

UKIP have a vacancy and the Shires might just be idiotic enough to anoint Gove as a fuck you to HQ.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

How is that a good result? Gove is a fucking insane ideologue. He sees results that run counter to his beliefs as a reason to GO HARDER.

May may be horrible, but she's not Hitler-in-the-bunker nuts like Gove.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

It's a good result if it works (May winning the run off against the unlikeable cove Gove). Like me, May seems to think Leadsom more of a danger as the Brexiteer challenger than the ventriloquist's dummy faced Gove. If it looks blatantly engineered though, then the wee man slips in. Smooth as an eel.

EDIT: I meant May making sure enough of her surplus goes to Gove at Leadsom's expense (and mini-Margaret was meant for Leadsom). not May coming second to him in the first place. The last para was how any stitch up by May could seriously backfire.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Leadsom accused by The Times of having been creative on her CV.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Leadsom accused by The Times of having been creative on her CV.
                                          Impressive, I thought Muddy Waters wrote that song.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

tee rex wrote: The Tory MPs start voting today. According to the Guardian, last night they ...

"went to a special karaoke session in which I’m told all the leadership candidates, apart from Leadsom, turned up for a singalong that stretched into the night.

Sources suggest Crabb came out with a belter: Don’t Stop Me Now!

The karaoke was organised by the deputy leader of the house, Therese Coffey, and dozens of MPs came, singing a variety of songs including Mr Brightside, Mack the Knife and Summer Nights."
                                            I've now got the horrible vision of Jeremy Hunt and Nicky Morgan doing the latter.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Leadsom, prompted by an ex-colleague last week, had to change "Chief Investment Officer" because it was obviously untrue. She replaced it with "Senior Investment Officer" and "Head of Corporate Governance". These are bollocks too.

Still no tax returns.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

I'm So Leadsom I Could Cry

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gove is going to come 2nd, isn't he?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Lang Spoon wrote: It's a good result if it works (May winning the run off against the unlikeable cove Gove). Like me, May seems to think Leadsom more of a danger as the Brexiteer challenger than the ventriloquist's dummy faced Gove. If it looks blatantly engineered though, then the wee man slips in. Smooth as an eel.

EDIT: I meant May making sure enough of her surplus goes to Gove at Leadsom's expense (and mini-Margaret was meant for Leadsom). not May coming second to him in the first place. The last para was how any stitch up by May could seriously backfire.
                                                    Hmm. I think you and May should be careful what you wish for! There needs to be not a chance of Gove. Not a chance. He is a proper radical right winger. What this country would look like after ten years of him in Number Ten does not bear thinking about.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X