Next Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Gove is going to come 2nd, isn't he?
    It's going to BE Gove. That's my fear.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

I know what you mean. Hopefully she'll make an offer of him leading Brexit, and he'll either say he'd do it and look subordinate or refuse and look petulant.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Bloody hell I don't wish for any of this. I don't even think this is a very good plan. But I do see the logic in it . Gove is unelectable (assumes the plan). Brexiteer female challenger to (the atrocious) May is a bigger problem than Gove.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

You'd think there'd be enough Tories who hate Gove to ensure that May would win against him.

But then this is the Tories. It's also true that the more loathsome someone is, the more likely Tories are to vote for him/her.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gove was described as like a Maoist, who believes in creative destruction as a mean to progress...bodes well....

Comment

Next Prime Minister

I don't follow British politics closely enough to have paid much attention to Michael Gove before the referendum, but I have to say it is beyond comprehension how one person can be such such a thoroughbred nutter and still be in a position of power. I can't find one redeeming feature about him or his repellant views. He just ticks every box for a horrible person.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

He used to write for The Times. He has convictions and that will carry you a long way.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Next ballot is, what, tomorrow?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gove used to be on The Late Show culture reviewing after Newsnight on a Friday. One of the most embarrassing attempts at BBC 'balance' ever: those interlecktuals are all so leftwing, we'd better get a representative of the fish people in.

He was infuriatingly out of his death, but it became funny watching Paul Morley wind him up/take the piss.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Le Vin wrote: He used to write for The Times. He has convictions and that will carry you a long way.
                      Obligatory link

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Crapola, no entry access denied. Has Gove got the site taken down? Bastard, whole world needs to see that cartoon strip.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Working for me.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Yup. It's cute, too.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Snake Plissken wrote: Working for me.
                              Bloody hell, works for me on wifi. What fish faced badness does my 3G provider (rhymes with fuckbagsfone) think lies behind that URL?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Comment

Next Prime Minister

by gove he's got it,....oh, no, .......wait

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Felicity, I guess so wrote: One of the most embarrassing attempts at BBC 'balance' ever: those interlecktuals are all so leftwing, we'd better get a representative of the fish people in.
                                    Ha ha ha

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Apologies if it's been done already, but there are some quality insults aimed at the haunted pork mannequin here...

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_57...83dnfp1njkmx6r

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Andrea Leadsom looks like Ian McKellen in a wig. I'm not sure how that's going to affect her chances.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Similar talent for make believe, at any rate.

'When I said I was Lord of the Rings, I meant Deputy Assistant Caterer of the Rings...'

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Seeing as Chilcott has now been published, has there been mention of Gove's opinion of the Iraq war and aftermath back in 2008?

The liberation of Iraq has actually been that rarest of things – a proper British foreign policy success. Next year, while the world goes into recession, Iraq is likely to enjoy 10% GDP growth. Alone in the Arab Middle East, it is now a fully functioning democracy with a free press, properly contested elections and an independent judiciary ... Sunni and Shia contend for power in parliament, not in street battles. The ingenuity, idealism and intelligence of the Iraqi people can now find an outlet in a free society rather than being deployed, as they were for decades, simply to ensure survival in a fascist republic that stank of fear.
                                            This is how he saw Iraq progressing following the war, so God only knows what he forecasts for a post-Brexit Britain.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Hmmm, Leadsom seems distinctly odd - she didn't agree with same-sex marriage, wants to bring back foxhunting, and her comments on EU citizens and the single market are far from re-assuring.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Sounds like a pretty standard old-school Tory to me.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Complete with the offshore brother in law funding various projects.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Theresa May - 199

Andrea Leadsom - 84

Michael Gove - 46

Comment

Working...
                                                    X