No announcement yet.

Yu Love to See It: MLB 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from my first out-of-state trip in about a year and a half. Visited family and friends in Ft. Collins and Denver.

Checked out the National Ballpark Museum right outside Coors Field. https://ballparkmuseum.com

Tiny, crammed space filled w/ seats, turnstiles and loads of vintage items from a number of old MLB ball parks.

Loved the Seattle Pilots memorabilia...

In addition there was a section devoted to the Denver Bears - dug the uniforms and pennants.

And it doesn't get more 80s than this edition.

Comment

Amusing/revealing stats to distract from the Cubs embarrassing themselves.

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1406282289873514496

Comment

Buehler six outs away from no hitting Arizona

Comment

We have not won a road game since John Means' no-hitter.

Comment

That Bears shirt is lovely Cal Alamein

Padres beat the Reds last night but Tatis injured himself. Again. At least it wasn't swinging this time. He needs a fielding coach.
            Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 20-06-2021, 08:20.

Comment

Arizona won last night, ending a 17 game losing streak.

Comment

Another dominant outing by the protagonist of our title against the noisy neighbours to the north

Comment

Yes, he is doing very well. 5 wins in a row for the Padres but they need to do it on the road.

Comment

I've been in LA for nearly a week but seen very little baseball. Been surprisingly focused on the Euros. I expected this tournament to suck but it has been very enjoyable. Anyway, the Padres are recovering from their recent woes with two in a row against the Dodgers. Today the box score shows a late surge from the Dodgers but not enough.

Comment

The MLB app has been updated. The icon for when the video is loading/buffering is now a spinning baseball. It's still just as buggy as before.

Comment

For all the talk of the current apparent massive home-team advantage across baseball, I still wouldn't have seen a sweep coming in that series. Meanwhile the Giants just keep on winning and winning.

Comment

Someone on this forum was saying the Giants early season form was a blip and they would start losing soon. Here we are a couple of months later...

Comment

danielmak I believe. I hope he keeps believing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                              danielmak I believe. I hope he keeps believing that.
                              Yep. That was me. I didn't trust that starting pitching staff. Too many injuries in the past. We'll see if I'm wrong once we get to 162 but I never saw Wood make it through a season and the same has been true for Sanchez in the past 3-4 years.

Comment

I'm genuinely surprised that the athletic gods have let Flynnie pull this for two teams in different sports

Must have been some sort of pandemic special

Comment

That'll do Cubbies

That'll do

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    I'm genuinely surprised that the athletic gods have let Flynnie pull this for two teams in different sports

Must have been some sort of pandemic special
                                    Possibly three if I get my way! Oranje boven!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      That'll do Cubbies

That'll do
                                      Yes, thank you. More of the same please.

Comment

Aaron Nola of Philadelphia has tied Tom Seaver's long-standing MLB record of 10 consecutive strikeouts against Seaver's old team in Queens.

Nola also has an RBI double for the only run of the game through six innings.

Comment

The Dodgers have hit bad form (or had bad form brought to them) twice this seasons when they have played the Padres and Cubs in series that were scheduled in close succession. That horrible run earlier in the season started against the Padres, seemed to let up against the Brewers, and continued with the Cubs.

I watched a little of the Red Sox-Yankees game. I have posted this before, but that Yankees team is so poorly constructed. Watching them is like watching the steroid Rangers in the 1990s. Mash or nothing and a sh**show on the bases. At least that Rangers team had some high quality defenders in some positions.

Comment

yay. we won. yay

Comment

Tatis Jr hit 3 homers in last night's game, so he is tied with Guerrero Jr in the Home Run totals. That's despite Tatis having 2 spells on the Injured List.

Comment

Ohtani hit another monster shot

And the Cubs' relievers finally failed, which was inevitable

Comment

Oof. After 9 wins straight at home, the Padres were crushed last night by Arizona who are comfortably one of the worst teams in MLB. The roller coaster continues.

It was the D-Backs first road win since April and ended a record run of 24 defeats in away games.
                                                  Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 27-06-2021, 06:21.

Comment

Whereas the Giants won their 50th and continue to astound and confuse

Comment

Working...
                                                    X