No announcement yet.

Yu Love to See It: MLB 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So way back on this thread I asked about Ebbets Field caps and having just received my end of year bonus have taken the plunge and ordered a couple. Good job I umm-ed and ahh-ed last night as logging in this morning I've found they've just taken 20% off.

Gone fully retro too - Chicago American Giants 1914 and Portland Beavers 1906.

Comment

Bit of advice from any US posters out there.

So I ordered a couple of caps from EFF but I've been having a mare. First up one wasn't actually avaiable but it took almost two weeks to find that out, though to be fair they had warned about delays due to moving warehouse. Anyway I changed my order and all good but when tracking emails came through it only showed the one cap which arrived a two weeks back no issues. They even sent me a discount against further purchases to make up for the inconvenience, however I've still paid for two and only received the one. No refund or otherwise.

I've sent a number of emails and getting request received ones back but no further responses afterwards. I've asked if they will send me a different cap but nothing.

Any ideas apart from continuing to bombard the inbox?

Comment

Do you have the time to just call them? That was usually the best way to get things sorted.

Posting on their Facebook page might work too, Jerry Cohen is usually monitoring comments on there a lot.

Their customer service is usually pretty good, clearly something has fallen through the cracks there.

Comment

What Flynnie said.

They we're also having website issues yesterday,, as it took several attempts for me to complete the order for a Topeka Owls jersey. I think that it may be just a difficult time for them logistically. They have always been very responsive when I have had issues.

Comment

Thanks both. Facebook - good idea. Phone call last resort.

I remember you all saying how good they are when it comes to customer service so found it surprising. Just want my second cap.

The Salt Lake City Skyscrapers one I've got is my new favourite.
            Last edited by Greenlander; 16-05-2022, 11:53.

Comment

I am intrigued by what constituted a "skyscraper" in 1911 SLC.

I think that the Temple was the tallest billing in town for most of the 20th Century.

Twitter is another possibility, if you use it.

Comment

Mercy

Pitchers for the single-A Dunedin Blue Jays struck out 24 batters in a 1-0 win over the the Tampa Tarpons, the Yankees’ affiliate, in a Florida State League game on Saturday night.

Jays starter Nick Frasso struck out eight over three inning, Dahian Santos, struck out 10 over four innings, and Braden Scott struck out six over two innings in the combined two-hitter. Tarpons hitters Alexander Vargas, Jasson Domínguez and Marcos Cabrera struck out four times each, and Alan Mejia and Connor Cannon struck out three times apiece. Anthony García and Roberto Chirinos struck out twice each, and Anthony Seigler and Grant Richardson once apiece.

Comment

All sorted... a Facebook message has done the trick. Cheers all.

Comment

And my Topeka Owls shirt has shipped.

Things are looking up in EFF land.

Comment

https://twitter.com/michaelgbaron/status/1526657949329940480?s=21&t=bwzKxXmih3k97ePGFFDI6Q

Comment

I'm currently watching today's MLB Now. I am shocked to see that this is already on the books:

Rule 507 (c) Pitcher Delays
                        When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call “Ball.”

The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.

The intent of this rule is to avoid unnecessary delays. The umpire shall insist that the catcher return the ball promptly to the pitcher, and that the pitcher take his position on the rubber promptly. Obvious delay by the pitcher should instantly be penalized by the umpire.

Man, this whole time? And the umps have been doing nothing, just like the batter in the box rule.

Being an umpire is hard work; they are generally very good. As I have posted before, I have no idea why they need to rotate positions. In no other job would someone rotate just for the purposes of rotation: "Oh, you are excellent when it comes to fixing an automobile engine, let's put you on brakes today and the woman who fixes brakes will work on engines." And then they refuse to enforce this rule and the batter in the box rule.

Comment

It's especially exhausting being the homeplate umpire so they rotate.

Comment

Last year's threaddddddddd.

Comment

My bad

Comment

Working...
                              X