No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sits View Post
    He was subbed on for a shootout by the Netherlands in a big game years ago. Can’t remember which tournament but he acted the dickhead then too, and I seem to remember it worked.
    Yep, that's what I always think of whenever I think of Tim Krul. It was in the 2014 World Cup against Costa Rica.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...dation-tactics

Comment

No complaints about the pen yesterday. The VAR got it right and it was a fucking stupid handball in the first place. It didn't cost us the game - Leno's superb display did.

Re Krul, he can be a bit hot headed and a tit sometimes, although he's been one of our best players this season and brings vital experience to the defence. I did worry he'd get a second yellow as we can't afford to lose him again.

I found the Arsenal players shushing and goading the home fans (at the feckin family area too) a lot more irritating, a bit like McTominay and Rashford did (unprovoked) at Carrow Road last month. Billy Sharp has previous for this as well.

Comment

OTF wasn't impressed at the time:
          https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...aribbean/page8

Comment

Ah yes, the opprobrium actually starts a page earlier than that link as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              Eh? The rule clearly states that it must be a part of the body from which the ball can be played. (As has been well-documented in recent weeks.)

You can't score with your elbow, ffs.
              Watching MOTD2 last night - it was Grealish's foot that was offside in the build up.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                What about the team currently second? Especially after today's Liverpool-esque win...
                I agree. Apologies.

Comment

Personally I enjoy keepers messing with strikers heads. You lot would be moaning about Grobelaar's jelly legs if OTF was around in ye olden days of yore.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    Personally I enjoy keepers messing with strikers heads. You lot would be moaning about Grobelaar's jelly legs if OTF was around in ye olden days of yore.
                    Not to mention how far Jerzy Dudek was off his line in Istanbul...

Comment

The picture above is a good example of what a load of questionable nonsense the whole VAR business is on tight offside decisions - how can anyone tell if that picture is of the precise moment the ball was passed? The ball looks to have already left contact with the foot to me - I read somewhere that the ball is typically in some form of contact with the foot for about a tenth of a second when making a pass, so we're looking at about a choice of 10 images that could be used and as far as I'm aware no means of determining which one should be used apart from the opinion of the technician assisting the VAR referee.

Comment

They are ahead of you on the issues of elastic collisions, apparently. It has been defined as the start of the contact between foot and ball, i.e. the first image that shows no gap.

Comment

I watched MoTD2 on delay last evening (WA time) and it was an excellent decision by the official.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                            Watching MOTD2 last night - it was Grealish's foot that was offside in the build up.
                            Well, I'm marginally happier with that than whatever G-Man was on about regarding his elbow.

Comment

Marginally happier by a toenail, or a hair's width maybe?

Comment

Is it this week that the matches are on Amazon Prime?

Comment

Yes, with unusual kick-off times.

Comment

Yes. Almost certainly timed so that the Black Friday orderers will decide to opt for Prime at the same time, and then forget to cancel it.

I've got Amazon, but sadly also have such a shite reception, particularly in the evenings, that it'll be as good as unwatchable.

Comment

I'll be trying to watch, but I suspect the same.

Comment

Because of the reception, or because you're watching Burnley?

Comment

Cheers all, might give it a whirl later then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Marginally happier by a toenail, or a hair's width maybe?
                                            Well, I guess one can play the ball with either of those...

Comment

Will fans who normally arrive for 7.45 kick-offs get caught out?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                                Because of the reception, or because you're watching Burnley?

Comment

Jesus scores. I've accidentally found a pub with Prime...

Comment

Stream seems to working fine as it goes. Not sure how far behind real time it is but can't grumble.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X