No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janik View Post
    The four minutes was for the offside decision, wasn't it? If so, that is a factual call and the clear and obvious stipulation doesn't apply,. Factual calls are simply about it being either right or wrong. Clear and obvious only holds for subjective decisions on whether something is a foul or not.
    It took 4 minutes and still when you look at it can you honestly say which part of the player was offside? No. So how can that be given? How can a player be "ahead" of another player if his feet aren't?

It's bullshit and if it hadn't been benefiting Spurs it wouldn't have been given. Just like if Dozy Gwen was playing for Norwich he'd have given away a penalty doing what he did today.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
      Anyway... Leicester were good again, weren't they? Two lovely goals. And one No Ndidi moment.
      Yes. They are a joy to watch. Vardy's goal was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        VAR is fucking useless if obvious penalties like Guendozy's grab aren't given. And also fucking useless for ruling out Sheffield United's goal today. It's a fucking crock of shit and is killing the game. If it takes FOUR MINUTES to review the footage then it's not clear and obvious is it?
        +1.

Surely the whole point of a video review system is to pick up the most egregious and obvious stuff that the ref has missed not measure offside decisions down to the millimetre.

That said, if they are gonna call the game this tight there needs to be a universally agreed upon body part (obviously the foot closest to the byline) that is used to measure offside. As of right now we are arguing about which extremity of which player is where relative to the other player.

Youve got - "The defenders left nostril is clearly playing the attacker onside" or "the footage shows the attackers forearm is in an offside position relative to the defenders knee".

Its just silly.
        Last edited by Cesar Rodriguez; 10-11-2019, 03:36.

Comment

VAR is fucking useless if obvious penalties like Guendozy's grab aren't given.
          I was going to say the Leicester player was never going to get the ball anyway but that wasn't considered when VAR chalked off Chris Wood's equaliser against them.

Today it disallowed a lovely Wood goal for millimetres but Burnley scored their first from a corner that very clearly should have been a goal kick.

Anyway, just watching MOTD. Palace are a bit divey aren't they?

Comment

Guendozy
            What a perfect Freudian slit that is... I mean shit... SHIT! I mean slip!

Comment

Barney Stinson argues that new was always better. That's a much worse philosophy.
              But that's just the opposite side of the same coin. That's never the right answer either. This sort of problem is really evident if you teach music, and you are trying to correct someone's horrendous basic technique, and they will tell you that way X feels natural, and you have to bite your tongue and tell them that literally nothing about anything they are doing is 'natural'. They are just used to it. Actually usually I don't bite my tongue at that point, I just swear.

Comment

I’ve decided not to watch the Liverpool vs Man City game later. The hype has been so overblown and bombastic that I’m going to sit it out as a sort of quiet protest.
                The way Leicester and Chelsea are playing, it’s not a 2 horse race either, no matter what punditry in general thinks. And the league cannot be won in November. So I’m ignoring the bullshit for today.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

What a perfect Freudian slit that is... I mean shit... SHIT! I mean slip!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                    I’ve decided not to watch the Liverpool vs Man City game later. The hype has been so overblown and bombastic that I’m going to sit it out as a sort of quiet protest.
                    The way Leicester and Chelsea are playing, it’s not a 2 horse race either, no matter what punditry in general thinks. And the league cannot be won in November. So I’m ignoring the bullshit for today.
                    This is you Hobbes.

[URL]https://twitter.com/LifesBook_Ceo/status/843362397666664448?[/URL]

Comment

I've got to say that giant chicken really has style. I think it should really have some Earth Wind and fire playing over it.

Comment

Whether I watch or not will have no effect on the result, and I'll be just as pissed off if we lose whether I see it or not, so I'm not sure why not watching makes me a big (and very funky) chicken.

Comment

It’s probably a Broiler.

Comment

[img]http://unisci24.com/data_images/wlls...rn-leghorn.jpg[/img]

Comment

If we all ignored the bullshit the Premier League would probably cease to exist.

Comment

It's odd that Hobbes chooses the moment where Liverpool are expected to win the league, and the game where they can cripple their opponent's title challenge, to decide that he can't be bothered with all this old premier league nonsense, it's a bit much isn't it?

You're only fooling yourself hobbes.

Comment

Sounds to me like he's trying to avoid ludicrous overblown hype and in order to do that he has to avoid the game itself

Comment

It is an enormously important game, though.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

I can understand hobbes ducking out of this round, tbh. I sometimes avoid games with the Gooners or Chelsea if the hype - or social media - is particularly raging.

It gets more and more difficult to watch a game nowadays without succumbing to the surrounding brouhaha.

(Meanwhile, my lot have clearly decided to apply this thinking to the entire season.)

Comment

If you don't pay any attention to the media and the hype then there is no media hype.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                            Whether I watch or not will have no effect on the result, and I'll be just as pissed off if we lose whether I see it or not, so I'm not sure why not watching makes me a big (and very funky) chicken.
                                            It's also quite possible he was calling you a massive cock.

Comment

Maybe it's my imagination, but there seem to be more PL clubs "in crisis" this season than we've had in the past. Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Man. Utd, West Ham, Watford and Southampton all seem to be going through a fair bit of existential angst at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                If you don't pay any attention to the media and the hype then there is no media hype.

Yeh. Just have some lunch, go out for a nice walk and turn the game on at 4.30pm with the sound muted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  It's odd that Hobbes chooses the moment where Liverpool are expected to win the league, and the game where they can cripple their opponent's title challenge, to decide that he can't be bothered with all this old premier league nonsense, it's a bit much isn't it?

You're only fooling yourself hobbes.
                                                  It's not that I can't be bothered. It's that the hyperbolic build up this week from every quarter as if this was the Big Cup final has been so annoying I'm boycotting. Like I said, I'll still be pissed.off if we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yeh. Just have some lunch, go out for a nice walk and turn the game on at 4.30pm with the sound muted.
                                                    Go out for a nice walk down to wherever that VAR studio is and disconnect their power.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X