No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-2, Wijnaldum. Game, set and match.

Silva looks like a bloke who's just watched his car roll off a cliff.

Comment

Drunk on love baby.

Comment

That's yer lot, folks.

Please get Moyes back, Everton. Please.

Comment

Origi's scoring, all around us
          Kopites singing, having fun
          It’s the season,
          For Mane and Shaqiri
          Merry Christmas, Everton

Comment

If Liverpool defend like that next week, Salzburg will score a hatful and it'll be Thursday night European football in the new year. Still, a big derby win is a big derby win so I suppose I shouldn't be too critical.

Comment

Much as I'd bloody love Big Ears no.7. were we to lose the European games this season, I could cope. Euro Vase could be for the kids.

Comment

Jesus. Everton has spent £500m since Moyes left? And they've still got Holgate and Pickord as starters?
                Perhaps Pochetino would go there?

Comment

All rumours say Pochettino wants the Man United job.

Comment

Spurs looked very poor. I had us down as getting a chasing tonight, but they never really threatened, and we looked relatively comfortable. I think McTominay returning helped a great deal, plus Rashford deciding to be mint.

We'll probably beat Manchester City and the lose to Everton and Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      All rumours say Pochettino wants the Man United job.
                      Potch must be a massive eejit so. He'll be the Man Utd Roy Evans, Benitez at best. So much "rebuilding". Unless the world's worst country are about to throw down a pile of money.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-12-2019, 22:51.

Comment

Leicester 2 Everton 1 Yerri Mina's a big old unit. Not quite Joe Royle's dogs of war but Everton were at best physical. Tom Davies is a niggly player whose theatricals mask any skills he may possess. Despite the "assist" VAR is still shit and should be rethinked. At least the NFL gives a clue about what's being reviewed. Evertons away supporters seemed doomed from the start and barely were heard.

Leicester 2 Watford 0 To recycle the old joke, the visitors were lucky to get 0. Probably the worst PL team I've seen live since Sunderland in 15/16. Whatever is going on behind the scenes there they'll be looking forward to Championship football next season. Troy Deeney is a waste of an XXXL jersey so ineffective as a supposed target man. Could/should have been more but without Holebas in the team Watford defended very well. 2 games, 2 wins and 2 trips back home; been fun.

Comment

We'll probably beat Manchester City and the lose to Everton and Newcastle
                          I'd settle for that.

Comment

Comment

Why is Solksjaer wearing Alexander O'Neal's jacket? Is he about to break into song?

Comment

All they do is criticize.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                  All they do is criticize.
                                  Applause.

Comment

Damn, you beat me to it...

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                      Spurs looked very poor. I had us down as getting a chasing tonight, but they never really threatened, and we looked relatively comfortable.
                                      People are ‘expecting too much on the first date’ (to coin a phrase) re Mourinho. Our late jitters vs very poor West Ham and Bournemouth sides gave away the issues at Spurs. I figured we’d not show a lot at Old Trafford - and I was right.

Comment

That's what they always say about Mourinho - the first two league games are always okay but then things start to unravel on the third one.

Comment

Well, glad you lot had a good night's watching. I got to watch a buffering circle go around a lot.
                                          Last edited by pebblethefish; 05-12-2019, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            People are ‘expecting too much on the first date’ (to coin a phrase) re Mourinho. Our late jitters vs very poor West Ham and Bournemouth sides gave away the issues at Spurs. I figured we’d not show a lot at Old Trafford - and I was right.
                                            As I said on Facebook, he always did struggle against the big teams at Old Trafford.

Comment

A "big six" mini league for this season would put Man United in quite good light, wouldn't it? They're unbeaten in 4 games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs with City to come at the weekend.

Comment

Leicester City?

Comment

I was watching these matches with Garcia, so had to watch a lot of the Liverpool game as well. A few things struck me about that game. You could see that Spurs still knew what to do when the ball got up around the man utd penalty area, and they were playing the game that they were used to, but there seemed little sense as to how they were going to get into those positions on a more regular basis. Spurs fans better get used to that sort of thing. Man utd have that problem at the moment because of ongoing injury problems in midfield. With Jose, that's kind of how it always is.

The second thing was Gazzaniga got a lot of abuse for the first goal, but he was in an unenviable position. Rashford hit that shot like a free kick and it bounced rather unpredictably a foot in front of his hand, and spun up, which is exactly what rashford was aiming for. You can deal with this sort of thing when it's a free kick and you have time to get your body behind it, and you know in advance what you are dealing with. A rocket hard shot right into the bottom corner where half way through you realise what kind of shot it is a different kettle of fish. Gazzaniga is not a great keeper, but that particular shot (which usually doesn't work) in those particular circumstances would probably have completely fucked most keepers.

The third thing is that on the opening match of the season, Jose was criticizing Zouma for conceding a penalty on rashford, for not knowing that Rashford "always likes to come inside to shoot, always" and that it was essentially a lack of preparation, indeed he basically said it again in the post match press conference where he described the first goal as "Rashford as always was coming inside to shoot.". I wonder if these wise words of tactical insight were running through poor sissoko's head, when rashford burned him on the outside to win the penalty? Maybe he can slag off Tammy Habraham as well for the craic, because that one also aged well. His press conference afterwards was quite interesting. He essentially dispassionately gave a pretty accurate broad tactical analysis of what happened in the game, in a way that escaped him when he was actually being paid to do this by Sky. Watching him over the last couple of Weeks, I'm wondering if he has realized that this is a mistake, and that maybe he doesn't have it in him for another three season circus show? He will not have enjoyed getting patted on the head by OGS, and judging by that picture above it's clear that OGS knows that

Indeed judging by that picture of Solksjaer trolling Mourinho there, and his facial expression while doing it, one has to wonder if back in solksjaer's ancestry there isn't at least one heartwarming tale of a young maiden finding love and happiness with a creature that lived under a bridge, It is the right country for it after all.

The Liverpool game was hilarious. How everton weren't given a penalty as 2-1 will be an eternal mystery. VVD would probably have been sent off as well, as he made no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. Liverpool then murdered them on the counter attack as they chased the game, so a penalty at that point would have seriously changed the course of the game. I liked the way that mane used his whole body to get the right amount of curl on the fourth goal, at that point he was just showing off. and on the rather suboptimal internet feed it looked from a distance as though the Liverpool goalkeeper was wearing a tuxedo for the occasion. As though they had electronically reanimated the ghost of Roger moore and put him in goal.

I must say I was not impressed by what Andy Robertson did, and he should really be facing a ban for that. Whatever about the traditional full blooded manly assaults that a derby crowd want to see, That was a cunt's trick, and you can see him looking down. Similarly I wasn't hugely impressed with some of what Trent Alexander Arnold was up to. If I were a Liverpool fan I would be a little worried about the loss of control that represents. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get a fairly substantial private bollocking. There are no circumstances where Klopp is going to be happy with one of his players throwing around straight red card incidents like confetti in an important game, just because he has got the hump.

on a similar note, scott mcTominay seemed to lose the run of himself entirely in the last couple of minutes against spurs, not in a "Count my studs with your leg" kind of way, but in a surfeit of aggressive enthusiasm. It wasn't remotely as serious a loss of control, but it was something to watch out for. Then again a lot of man utd players seemed very up for it. Rashford was shooting at goal like the ball was Mourinho's head and he wanted to burst it. Mourinho was just lucky that martial and Pogba weren't playing. Also Luke Shaw needs a haircut. Everytime I see him he looks like he'd be happier sitting in the front seat of a Ford XR2i
                                                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-12-2019, 12:39.

Comment

Robertson as a bit of that about him. See the games against Barcelona. TAA doesn't usually and in mitigation had had Richarlison taking every chance to leave studs on him. But still, needs to watch out because it wasn't pretty to watch.
                                                    As for the non pen, not having that. Like always when he's in the box Calvert-Lewin threw himself to the ground dramatically.
                                                    He won a dangerous free kick later on by actually changing direction away from the ball to run into the defender and bounce off. He did the same lady season.
                                                    If you want to talk about penalties, the corner where Davies was actually hanging off one of VVD arms while Sidebe had him (VVD) in a choke-hold was pretty representative of Everton's set piece defending.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X