No announcement yet.

No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool still need to win another 19 games out of 24 to match last season's points total. And even that wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
      Liverpool still need to win another 19 games out of 24 to match last season's points total. And even that wasn't enough.
      While City can only drop three points in their last 24 games to match theirs.

Comment

EDIT: Cross post with Sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

While City can only drop three points in their last 24 games to match theirs.
          I doubt they'll drop any more than two.

Comment

I think they'll drop at least 8.

Comment

At this stage last season: Man City 38 points, Liverpool 36, Chelsea 31

Thus season to season: Liverpool +4, Man City -9, Chelsea -5.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 01-12-2019, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Has this rule changed then? Last week, Ashley Westwood got booked after complaining that Watford kept putting a guy a yard in front of the wall.
                You're not allowed a player within a metre/yard of the wall in any direction.

Comment

Hugely entertaining game at Carrow Road today. A draw possibly a fair result, but Leno made two great saves for Arsenal to stop us winning it.

Norwich are looking so much better than a few weeks ago. Desperately need something at St Mary's in the week though because we'll be further adrift otherwise.

Comment

Jfc, Grealish. That's a way to start.

Comment

Baffling offside prevents Villa from going two up.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        At this stage last season: Man City 38 points, Liverpool 36, Chelsea 31

Thus season to season: Liverpool +4, Man City -9, Chelsea -5.
                        What about the team currently second? Especially after today's Liverpool-esque win...

Comment

Four wins in 14 league games. Absolute shite. And I can't see us winning any points in the next two games either.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                            What about the team currently second? Especially after today's Liverpool-esque win...
                            In pretty much every aspect, eh? A winner in the dying embers of added time, with the help of VAR, to make the score 2-1.

Comment

Odds on Everton getting relegated this year? (And not just because they deserve to in that "coral kit".)

Comment

I don't like VAR being used to give "big" teams a chance to retake a penalty. If you're a professional footballer and you don't score a penalty then that's your fucking fault and you shouldn't have another go.

Comment

Poor old Ole seems to be ageing by about a year every month at the moment.

That goal by Grealish was absolutely class.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    I don't like VAR being used to give "big" teams a chance to retake a penalty. If you're a professional footballer and you don't score a penalty then that's your fucking fault and you shouldn't have another go.
                                    Maybe, but given Tim Krul's antics in trying to put Aubameyang off, having his 'save' taken away from him and the rebound scored had a natural justice feel to it. A second yellow card in the aftermath for being a right cock would also not have gone amiss, either. Also, I thought Krul was in front of his line before the first kick was taken, though that wasn't the given reason for the retake..

Costing your 'keeper a save is probably the most effective way of making players abide by the rules. Norwich were not encroaching on the retake!

Oh, and I don't really see why "big" teams are being singled out here. All pro footballers should be scoring (as long as 'keepers abide by the rules, that is).

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    In pretty much every aspect, eh? A winner in the dying embers of added time, with the help of VAR, to make the score 2-1.
                                    You missed a similarity - that late VAR goal helps further extend a winning run (6 on the spin now in Leicester's case) .

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                      Maybe, but given Tim Krul's antics in trying to put Aubameyang off, having his 'save' taken away from him and the rebound scored had a natural justice feel to it. A second yellow card in the aftermath for being a right cock would also not have gone amiss, either. Also, I thought Krul was in front of his line before the first kick was taken, though that wasn't the given reason for the retake..

Costing your 'keeper a save is probably the most effective way of making players abide by the rules. Norwich were not encroaching on the retake!

Oh, and I don't really see why "big" teams are being singled out here. All pro footballers should be scoring (as long as 'keepers abide by the rules, that is).

You missed a similarity - that late VAR goal helps further extend a winning run (6 on the spin now in Leicester's case) .
                                      Not that I disagree about the retake, especially since the ball was cleared by one of them after the save, but are antics that are intended to put a striker off their penalty against the rules?

Comment

Egregious time wasting such as Krul was engaging in are. Which is why he was booked. Sadly he knew, as most 'keepers do, that this meant he was free to continue - the ref wouldn't have the balls to give a goalie a second yellow in such circumstances, however much he might merit it.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a goalie so hyper before a penalty. If the authorities have a dope-testing flying squad they'd have been heading at speed towards Norfolk after witnessing that performance.

I'd love to see a goalie receive two yellows for serial dickery.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            Baffling offside prevents Villa from going two up.
                                            It was a superb call by the assistant ref. The Villa player (Grealish?) had his elbow in off-side. Not a rule I like, and desperately bad luck for Villa, but very much an unbaffling decision.

Fred is the kind of player who not so long ago would have been at Liverpool. The tables have truly turned..

Comment

Eh? The rule clearly states that it must be a part of the body from which the ball can be played. (As has been well-documented in recent weeks.)

You can't score with your elbow, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                I don't think I've ever seen a goalie so hyper before a penalty. If the authorities have a dope-testing flying squad they'd have been heading at speed towards Norfolk after witnessing that performance.

I'd love to see a goalie receive two yellows for serial dickery.
                                                I recall Krul being one of the worst offenders for this kind of thing back since early in his Newcastle career and for Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I recall Krul being one of the worst offenders for this kind of thing back since early in his Newcastle career and for Netherlands.

Yes, so do I. Seems like a likeable guy on most other occasions but penalties seem to bring out the worst in him.

Comment

He was subbed on for a shootout by the Netherlands in a big game years ago. Can’t remember which tournament but he acted the dickhead then too, and I seem to remember it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X