No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon she won't come out to speak until 2255 on the 29th. The final great delaying tactic.

​​​​​In the name of God, Fuck off!

Comment

It's her statement or no statement.

Comment

Don't fucking tell me what I want.

Comment

This is a piss take.

Comment

A great, pragmatic leader uniting a nation in its time of need.

Comment

It's everybody else's fault but not hers.

Comment

So she didn't have much to say, eh? Now there's a shock.

Comment

Britain Elects takes the crown:

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1108468805716578305

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ she makes me utterly incandescent with rage. She's such a fucking hypocrite. "I don't believe in a second referendum. We asked the question and you answered. Oh, by the way, I'm bringing my deal back for a third time."

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      Jesus fucking Christ she makes me utterly incandescent with rage. She's such a fucking hypocrite. "I don't believe in a second referendum. We asked the question and you answered. Oh, by the way, I'm bringing my deal back for a third time."
                      Topping it with the "...motion after motion..." quote.

Comment

"These people that I'm relying on to pass my deal? They're all cunts. And I seem to be unaware that they are able to see and hear me saying this. But trust me, I need them to pass a vote next week, the cunts."

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/belledejour_uk/status/1108474087758663680?s=21[/URL]

Comment

It's like Downfall without the bunker.

Comment

If Theresa May wasn't Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative party, what else could she have done? Is there any field of human endeavour where someone so obviously and profoundly damaged and stunted in so many ways could have succeeded? There's a huge bit of her personality that is missing, and it is the bit that deals with "Other people". How can someone like this become leader of a political party? I mean we can't really talk, there's something really off about our taoiseach in many of the same ways. But there's room for all sorts of oddities in medicine. Just why is someone this fucking obviously weird Prime Minister?

Comment

Have you looked at the rest of their MPs?

Comment

Help me here, I thought she couldn't get a third vote on the WA without a significant change to it. Has she found a workaround?

Anyway, loved the bit where she was talking about how us decent ordinary people are sick of hearing about Brexit when we can see the schools, crime figures and NHS are going down the pan, as if those little matters were nothing to do with her either. What a dick.

Comment

She is barking mad but not completely stupid, she doesn't have to face MPs again until Monday at the earliest, unless the opposition force a Saturday sitting and she is forced to make a post EU summit statement. If she was in the House tomorrow she would get toasted. By Monday this will have been forgotten in all the other mad shit that will happen in between.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1108485019859910657

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Have you looked at the rest of their MPs?
                                        There's a downside to hoovering up all the various sociopaths from young conservative associations in Oxbridge, and sending them out to charm roomfuls of retired racists who wish everything was like it was 10 years before they were born. Go to the right constituency, make the right impression on these old oddities, and hey presto, you're an MP for the next 40 years unless you die. The raw material you start with is unpromising. they are fed through a filter of some of the most deluded and nakedly nasty people on earth, and they squirt out the other side to take up their seats in what are effectively rotten boroughs. No wonder they're all so fucking awful.

Comment

The two workarounds that have been suggested are a) the Commons voting to change the "rule", which they presumably would were there a real majority in favour of the deal and b) proroguing Parliament and then convening a new "session" (which restarts all clocks).

Comment

Thanks ursus

Comment

Can we lighten up on the mental health slurs, please?

Comment

https://twitter.com/therobgreig/status/1108489749428342785

Comment

Signed. First petition I've ever signed on the internet I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                    Can we lighten up on the mental health slurs, please?
                                                    Seconded. I am as guilty as anyone here of using psychological language too loosely. We need to make an effort across OTF to stamp out this shit.

May is a product of her social class and also of Thatcherism, which believes that you never compromise with your class inferiors on the Labour and LibDem side. She uses the Brexit vote as a figleaf for refusing to budge on her untenable position.

I think the EU should tell her to fuck off because they may not now have any other choice. Extension should be conditional on her calling an election and/or 2nd referendum; if she refuses that, they pull the plug either on the 29th or May 23rd (probably the latter). She's ruled out the option of extending beyond June 30th so why let her string this out beyond May 23rd? If they do extend beyond May 23rd, it must surely be based on the promise of May stepping down followed by a General Election in which the 2nd referendum is the key issue. A general election could also be forced by another vote of confidence. The danger is that Labour loses the election by a wide margin to a Tory Brexiteer leader like Boris Johnson, then we are fucked.

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 21-03-2019, 01:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X