No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to John Sopel on the BBC everyone crams onto Marine One and masks are never worn. Little wonder they have all contracted it in one go.

Comment

And his ratings went up.

Comment

Count me another not getting up hopes. Fucking Covid let me down before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          And his ratings went up.
          Not necessarily. https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/statu...318081025?s=19

Comment

It raises my hopes slightly that he'll lose the election. I assume the next debate is now off.

Comment

The biggest plus point of this is that it will put his rallies on hold and we won't have to put up with any coverage of the ridiculous partizan MAGAts cheering and whooping as Trump articulates every one of his rancid brainfarts into words.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KevinBabbles/status/1311926046023913472

Comment

As long as he survives, I really don't think that this harms him electorally. Avoiding the opportunity to alienate more voters as a result of comments during future debates or at rallies would be a big plus.

He looks stupid for downplaying the virus but then again he's looked stupid about it for months so no change there.

If he's flat on his back for a few weeks and his more savvy advisors get to control the election message, he may actually benefit.

Joe Biden definitely needs to refuse any invites to meet the President for an intimate cross-party conversation about a mysterious national issue though!

Comment

I like how the toy cars are Limos.

Comment

Don't get too excited anyone:

https://twitter.com/d_spiegel/status...222265346?s=20

Comment

But then again ( made me laugh)
                        https://twitter.com/frankmcg/status/1311911429314875392?s=21

Comment

As is often the case, Kathy Burke puts it far more articulately than even I could.
                          https://twitter.com/KathyBurke/status/1311962031545815041?s=20

Comment

Another point worth noting is that Trump would prefer that Covid19 wad not high on the agenda in this election and would rather be talking about the economy, immigration and LAW AND ORDER!!! Having caught it himself now he has guaranteed it will be the first and main topic in every single discussion now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                              White House chief medical officer has now confirmed it, and also stated that Trump will continue to carry out his duties as President, something that ended up hospitalising a somewhat fitter British Prime Minister.
                              Johnson is hardly somewhat fitter, Trump is a non smoking non drinker who gets exercise by playing golf regularly. Johnson is a fat mess who probably hasn't moved above walking pace since the rugby tackle at the Soccer aid game. The only advantage that Johnson has over Trump is age,and I'd give good odds that he doesn't reach 74.

Comment

It would affect the election if the polls were very close, which presently they are not. The conspiracy theories are annoying because they simply don't take account of Trump's narcissism and refusal to admit to any human frailty, as noted above. His play this year has been that he's too macho to get the virus and even if he does get it, he'll sail through with no symptoms. The latter may still happen but I think others around will get symptoms (just from the maths). It harms his "no mask" message (and that of his supporters).

Most importantly he was desperate to do more rallies (even though they killed Herman Cain) and he'll be furious at being separated from his rabid supporters only a month out from the election.

Also: no golf, no meets and greets to scam money from donors, no photo-ops.
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 02-10-2020, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Johnson is hardly somewhat fitter, Trump is a non smoking non drinker who gets exercise by playing golf regularly. Johnson is a fat mess who probably hasn't moved above walking pace since the rugby tackle at the Soccer aid game. The only advantage that Johnson has over Trump is age,and I'd give good odds that he doesn't reach 74.
                                  Trump is medically classed as obese, lives on fast food and gets around the golf course on a golf cart. He was also hospitalised last year and has yet to clarify what for.

Comment

Assuming he survives, it could still shorten his already quite bleak life expectancy (e.g. dead before he completed a second term). In addition, any verbal slips in future are going to be blamed on this rather than the mental deterioration that has been evident for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Assuming he survives, it could still shorten his already quite bleak life expectancy (e.g. dead before he completed a second term). In addition, any verbal slips in future are going to be blamed on this rather than the mental deterioration that has been evident for a decade.
                                      Nobody becomes president whilst mentally deteriorating. In the last decade, he has achieved alot so mentally and physically, he is still up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        As is often the case, Kathy Burke puts it far more articulately than even I could.
                                        https://twitter.com/KathyBurke/status/1311962031545815041?s=20
                                        Kathy Burke is a national fucking treasure.

Comment

An election law expert sketches the rather messy issues presented

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/1311902346306232321

The president pro tempore of the Senate is so called because s/he does not have a fixed term in office and can (theoretically) can be replaced in that role at any time by a vote of the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Nobody becomes president whilst mentally deteriorating. In the last decade, he has achieved alot so mentally and physically, he is still up to par.
                                            Demonstrably not true given Reagan's second term

Comment

Pence has tested negative

Comment

Has there been a statement about Biden being tested?

Comment

Not that I have seen, but I'm certain that he will be

Comment

Would contract tracing start from Trump's last negative test (which was when?) or is there an assumption that the virus may have taken a while to show up in a test?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X