No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I for one am happy to wish all of our US OTFers a happy Independence Day.

My sister's currently out in California to visit her son and his husband. She was there at this time last year and her trifle went down a storm at the local ID party so she's gone over with some trifle sponges and tinned raspberries.

Comment

I didn't realise that the surveillance state had gotten to the point where people were required to present identity cards at private gatherings.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1146828938267832320

Comment

Wait, what? That's a lot of WTF in one post, UA.

Comment

So he's not actually allowed to have his tanks drive around Washington? What are they going to do, now they've been shipped in at high cost?

And I love the fact that DC is under a flood warning while Trump speaks.

Comment

Kim Jong Un is clearly his new BFF.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                Kim Jong Un is clearly his new BFF.
                Spiritual guide mebbiz.

Comment

I'm tempted to flip over to Faux News just to experience the Schadenfreude.

Comment

https://twitter.com/strobist/status/1146963695874039808

Comment

Q and the Iraqi dinar are my two favorite MAGA conspiracies.

Comment

For a bit of comic relief:

Due to clerical error, Donald Trump arrives in heaven after his death. But soon he finds heaven too dull. No KFC, no women to grope, nobody to bully, and nobody to brag to. Not even Twitter for those constipated mornings!

So he asks St Peter to give him a day off so that he can sightsee in hell. St Peter agrees.

Arriving in hell, Trump sees a lavish party with wine, women and song as well as delicious junk food in abundance, all in a garishly decorated hotel with gilded toilet seats for those Twitter sessions, just the way he likes it. And golf, lots of golf!

“How do you like hell?” asks the head devil. “It’s beautiful, the best,” Trump replies enthusiastically. “I want to move from heaven to lovely hell.”

“But of course you do,” the head devil smiles and snaps his fingers to call two assistant devils.

Immediately two assistant devils grab Trump under the arms and drag him into to a freezing cold vault with flickering lights and a dripping tap that doesn’t open. There’s no food, no bed, no blanket, no toilet, no showers. Not even a toothbrush.

Protesting loudly, Trump demands to speak to the head devil. When the head devil arrives, Trump tearfully asks him: “What has happened to the wine, women, song and junk food? And the golf and toilet seats for Twitter?”

The head devil is bemused: “Donald, please! You, of all people, should know the difference between being a tourist and being an asylum seeker!”

Comment

When he reads from a teleprompter he makes my synapses ache.

Comment

From The Graun

Tom Meehan, 56, a retired entrepreneur, said: “I felt very patriotic. I loved it. Everybody out here in the rain, one country again. I feel more united than ever before. I think it was really wonderful, heartfelt, warm.”

Meehan, a Trump supporter from Clearwater Beach, Florida, rejected the notion that the military was overplayed. “They’ve had military presence with our aircraft and tanks and all that before. President Kennedy had it, Eisenhower had it, a lot of Reagan had it, so it’s a tradition.”
                            Jesus.

Eisenhower - U2, Sputnik and the Cold War. Plus, you know, that whole thing with him having been in charge of everyone in uniform during the latter part of WW2

JFK - Bay of Pigs

Reagan - Was Ronald fucking Reagan

Comment

Comment

Fine words.

Comment

I googled and Eisenhower and Kennedy did have military parades, but the Smithsonian seems to think Reagan didn't. Bush I did after Desert Storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Fine words.
                                    Indeed. Can you imagine a GOP President saying done like that now? Bolton would have a heart attack.

Mind you, Ike wasn't one for the gays, but then, a product of his time.

Edit: And you can understand if not condone Bush's parade, but Trump's Top Tanks idea is straight out of the Big Book of Dictators. Has anyone told him the Commies loved them a big military parade? I'm sure them pesky Chinese whip out the marches at the drop of a hat, too
                                    Last edited by Eggchaser; 05-07-2019, 14:47.

Comment

He's still on course to be the first president since Jimmy Carter not to start a war.

Comment

Small sample and just a case of timing, with Saddam and Gaddafi already dead.

And it doesn't mean he hasn't made the world far more dangerous by emboldening toxic regimes, notably Israel, Syria and Russia. Infact his avoidance of any deep diplomatic conflict with these players has led to damage.
                                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 05-07-2019, 15:16.

Comment

A stable genius with a bit of work to do on his US history: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48880867

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Small sample and just a case of timing, with Saddam and Gaddafi already dead.

And it doesn't mean he hasn't made the world far more dangerous by emboldening toxic regimes, notably Israel, Syria and Russia. Infact his avoidance of any deep diplomatic conflict with these players has led to damage.
                                            Gave the Saudis carte blanche in Yemen as well.

Not that Clinton would have done much different, but still.

Comment

Airports 240 years ago is nothing.

Hundreds of millions of years ago, people were already doing business. Trading in rocks and stones.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                                Airports 240 years ago is nothing.

Hundreds of millions of years ago, people were already doing business. Trading in rocks and stones.

Yes, good knowledge of the generalities (it definitely happened) but sketchy on the specifics (why would they).

Actually, I seem to remember reading somewhere that flint was a valuable commodity in, I presume, neolithic times but I'm not giving him credit for that.

If only he'd gone into the non-drip ice cream business and stayed out of politics.
                                                Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 05-07-2019, 23:39.

Comment

Planting a US flag on Mars is also an odd priority for a sane leader. No notion of opportunity costs. We no longer have to win a dick-size contest with the Soviets for propaganda purposes.
                                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 05-07-2019, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X