Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Had to do a bit of unplanned undignified scrabbling over the rocks here as the tide came in faster than we'd planned for.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Liver Building and the other "three graces" (spits, terrible term) are a vision of where British Architecture could have been without the twee Lutyens and worse backwards looking parochialism and general collapse of confidence and regional economic power in the 20s, even more than the Edwardian miniscrapers of the Glasgow grid.
                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-03-2021, 19:30.

Comment

First day of spring

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Comment

Looking out from a house where we had lunch today: in Sagunto.

Comment

Apart from the Fanta, I'm pretty damn jealous.

Comment

Sagunto is closer to Valencia than Castellon or Villarreal, but rather nicer

I'm intrigued by the fact that the Sporting clan hasn't been in a vehicle for over a year. That is close to being true for us, but many of our neighbours have become much more car dependent than they ever have been, with multiple families still not having returned from second home exile in the Berkshires et al

Comment

That’s lovely Sporting, and I hope you will forgive me this, I couldn’t resist.

Comment

This isn't my photo, but I thought I'd share anyway. A friend here took this late last week.

He was, you'll be glad to know, actually taking this from the safety of being inside his car, but as you can imagine it was still pretty terrifying.

Comment

Incredible

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Sagunto is closer to Valencia than Castellon or Villarreal, but rather nicer

I'm intrigued by the fact that the Sporting clan hasn't been in a vehicle for over a year. That is close to being true for us, but many of our neighbours have become much more car dependent than they ever have been, with multiple families still not having returned from second home exile in the Berkshires et al
                                        The other two have been in a car many times, but not me. My partner actually teaches in Sagunto so drives there and back on a daily basis.
                                        Last edited by Sporting; 22-03-2021, 11:19.

Comment

Comment

Fantastic. Where are you off to then Sporting?

Comment

Hah! Photo taken just around the corner from home. Bike owner had popped into a bakery. He didn't even bother to lock the bike.

Comment

Froggy love-fest just now. Or toads. Not sure.
                                                Last edited by MsD; 26-03-2021, 15:49.

Comment

That sort of amphibian filth ought to have an NSFW label.

Actually - are they toads? They look a bit warty for frogs.

Comment

Yes, I thought just that, but seeing as they’re in the pond going “ribbit” and have webbed feet, I think they’re frogs.

They’re not doing anything rude, just cuddling.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X