Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

They really need to try to upgrade the Ellerslie Road stand.

Comment

That's incredible. Whitebait? I'm trying to work out which artist it evokes.

Comment

Dried sardines, dog treats.

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          I'm trying to work out which artist it evokes.
          I was aiming for a Bosch, Breugel, Goya mash-up with a touch a dash of Soutine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
            They really need to try to upgrade the Ellerslie Road stand.
            Tee hee! You're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
              Dried sardines, dog treats.

I was aiming for a Bosch, Breugel, Goya mash-up with a touch a dash of Soutine.
              Bosch was the name which came to mind. And it really did; for once I'm not trying to be a smart Alec.

Comment

Who'd ever think you were a smart Alec? No chance!

But, yes I'm glad it touched the right nerve.

Comment

Comment

Merlot.

Comment

No Merlot.

Comment

The best thing about this town is the miles of beaches. Please god we don't get locked down to our houses.

Comment

Comment

Lovely pics Spoony, and looks like Herself as snuck in?

Comment

Aye, leaving my stumpy legs for dust as usual.

Comment

Love these my sister took yesterday.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Quality

Such lovely weather, too

Comment

Great Pics, LS- though I do feel in a capcha-please mark all the bridges in the above images.

Comment

On days like this being out in the sticks isn't so bad. Better than being trapped in a shut down city, probs.
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-03-2020, 13:59.

Comment

Comment

And of course a bunch of mates going fishing come round the corner. Eejits that will have us all cooped up and going mad the way things are going.

Comment

They’re everywhere. Trying to stay away from the other dog walkers and evening strollers earlier, much harder than it should have been.

Comment

I'm spending these days of incarceration going through my old photo archives — negs and contacts — most I haven't seen in decades or not at all. I'm making digital copies of anything that looks half ways interesting and sticking a few up here. The photos below are from 1973 in Merida and the Yucatan, Uxmal I think. Unlike today you could clamber all over everything, and we did.

A technical note back then I was heavily into grain (photographically speaking) and these photos really show it. Kodak Tri-X "cooked" for about twice it's approved length (sort of the photographic version of turning the amps up to 11.) It's particularly obvious on the 'Sunday dancing in the zocalo" pic*. Grain the size of golf balls, pure madness.

*That's a pretty strange image, it looks almost like a street fight.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X