No announcement yet.

Storm in a tea cup: The weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The northern has stopped, after being rather lethargic, and now it's as sweaty as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
      The northern has stopped, after being rather lethargic, and now it's as sweaty as ever.
      Signal failure?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
        It’s more that when you turn them off the temperature shoots right back up. That and the sound of a 747 as described makes them relatively useless for when you need them most (at night.)
        Personally I'll take noise over heat every time. I usually have it on a 2 hour timer so by the time the temperature goes back up I'm deep asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
          It looks like even up here this coming night will be 'tropical'...which is not good!

It's currently 23.8C outside.

31.0C inside.

Comment

This was my gaff earlier. The temp on the right is outside...

Comment

For once, getting my feet dripping wet walking in the grass in the park was most enjoyable....

Comment

Aircon was broken on the train home last night. It was like being in a greenhouse on wheels.

Comment

Went for a swim in the sea last night and first thing this morning. It's the only thing keeping me cool at the moment.

Comment

28 in my front room right now. A woman just passed by with a parasol.

Comment

Around 30 here and feeling pretty fresh.

Comment

Same sort of temperature as for the last few days (currently 32.4C in the shade) but now overcast with barely any air movement for added humidity discomfort.

Anyway, I'm even starting to bore myself with these updates, so that's it for me until the weather breaks, hopefully with a lightening show without the flash flooding.

Comment

It's just hit 30oC and I refuse to believe the humidity is any less than 1,000,000,000%.

Comment

It was 28C when I got in from my short walk this morning at 7:30. The air was dead still and full of humidity. It was stifling. Temperature's been rising since, but apparently today is the day it should break and a cooler front will come through. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Comment

It's unbearable in south Cambridgeshire, I tried to cool down with a wet flannel on my head. Whatever light relief it provided was more that outdone by the laughs of my wife.

Comment

I'm watching the Stanley Cup playoffs in my garden in August. 2020 is definitely weird.

Comment

Storms came through here about 15:30, really enjoyed the additional breeze it created. It rained for about 20 minutes, including about 5 minutes of torrential cats'n'dogs stuff.

While the rain was abating, I noticed clouds of steam coming from the patio as the mini puddles started evaporating. Any non-shaded section of the patio is now bone dry, but at least the breeze has remained.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                    Storms came through here about 15:30, really enjoyed the additional breeze it created. It rained for about 20 minutes, including about 5 minutes of torrential cats'n'dogs stuff.

While the rain was abating, I noticed clouds of steam coming from the patio as the mini puddles started evaporating. Any non-shaded section of the patio is now bone dry, but at least the breeze has remained.

Whereabouts are you, Lambers? The Bournemouth area?

Comment

Nocturnal Submission Other side of Hampshire, closer to Farnborough. Too close to Gove's constituency for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                        Nocturnal Submission Other side of Hampshire, closer to Farnborough. Too close to Gove's constituency for comfort.

Ah, OK. I thought, given your OTF Location blurb, that you might be in the part of Hampshire that got transferred to Dorset in the early-70s. If you're in the Farnborough area then you're in hobbes and Crusoe country.

We had a fair bit of thunder rumbling and some promising-looking clouds around these parts about an hour ago but no rain and precious little breeze.

Comment

London heatwave stats.: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53756412

Comment

Seems everywhere's getting a thunderstorm apart from S.London - still far too fucking hot and muggy, and no sign of any change.

Comment

Nope, hot as hell in Leyton.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Ah, OK. I thought, given your OTF Location blurb, that you might be in the part of Hampshire that got transferred to Dorset in the early-70s.
                                                Nah, just distinguishing my location in an unfunny way from that US state across the water.

Comment

I think we reached the dizzy heights of 25 deg C in Glasgow today. Cycling home was the first time I've been properly warm this year so far.... ;-)

Comment

So tomorrow looks like it'll still be 28C - 30C only raining all day too. That's soooo much better. <Sigh>

Comment

Working...
                                                    X