X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
    You are a harsh or forgetful crowd. Hobbes has been banging the Ioniq 5 drum long enough to be about ready to lease a second one.

TBH I only remembered that Eggy had one because I punned on it a few months ago.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    You are a harsh or forgetful crowd. Hobbes has been banging the Ioniq 5 drum long enough to be about ready to lease a second one.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by jdsx View Post

Yes, but only a plug-in hybrid I'm afraid, so we're talking a few pence at best. Who's got the Hyundai Ioniq 5 on here - they'd be making.....maybe a quid!

I think that Eggy's got an Ioniq - possibly other OTFers, too.

Leave a comment:

• jdsx
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Ah, plunge pricing.

Have you got an electric vehicle to charge?
    Yes, but only a plug-in hybrid I'm afraid, so we're talking a few pence at best. Who's got the Hyundai Ioniq 5 on here - they'd be making.....maybe a quid!

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Parts of the UAE get around 150% of their average annual rainfall in 24 hours: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68831408

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    I went for an idyllic spring ride from Stratford to the cotswolds yesterday. Warm sunshine, a gentle tailbreeze all the way south to Stow from Stratford. absolutely fantastic.

Headed home into what turns out to be a stiff notherly headwind, freshly loaded with 2 hailstorm and a torrential bitingly cold downpour. absolutely miserable return journey.

20 mins in shower to warm up.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Surely, AE, that's more of a bough than a branch.
    I'd never thought of calling it that, yes it was a bough. It's left the tree rather lop sided.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by jdsx View Post

Good for those of us on Octopus Agile I've been paid to charge the car/do all the washing/drying etc. for the last few days

Ah, plunge pricing.

Have you got an electric vehicle to charge?

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Surely, AE, that's more of a bough than a branch.

Leave a comment:

• jdsx
    replied
    Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
    We've missed whatever bizarre weather is happening down south, but man I am so sick of the wind. I can't remember the last time we had a still day. The neighbours' new windchimes are not helping
    Good for those of us on Octopus Agile I've been paid to charge the car/do all the washing/drying etc. for the last few days

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    This is the huge branch that cracked off the tree opposite our flat yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    I've just seen a Kansas farmhouse fly past the window

Is it windy where you are?
    I was in Brighton yesterday (and today and all this week) but I can confirm that the wind along the seafront was pretty brutal. Much calmer today

Leave a comment:

• Evariste Euler Gauss
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Record floods in western Siberia may flood nuclear waste sites. God it looks miserable.

https://www.arctictoday.com/expert-f...-arctic-ocean/
    It does indeed look very miserable. But the seriousness of the situation seems rather worse than things being miserable.

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied
    We've missed whatever bizarre weather is happening down south, but man I am so sick of the wind. I can't remember the last time we had a still day. The neighbours' new windchimes are not helping

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Another mad weather day - not particularly windy but alternating showers, warm sun, thunder & lightening and hail.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Record floods in western Siberia may flood nuclear waste sites. God it looks miserable.

https://www.arctictoday.com/expert-f...-arctic-ocean/

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    Yesterday in London...

https://x.com/ellie_henman/status/1779797655113089356
    Last edited by hobbes; 16-04-2024, 09:51.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    The winds took a tree down between London Bridge and Deptford yesterday morning. All the trains were cancelled so had a little walk back from New Cross.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    It's been a rather odd period of weather, central Europe has reached 30c amongst other bizarre events.

The next two weeks for our little island seems to finally see a change after months and months of rain, it is getting drier, the Atlantic is getting shut out by high pressure and we can dry out a bit. What remains uncertain is what that high pressure is doing, one scenario shaping up is full retrogression towards high latitudes. In winter this is the holy grail for people who love a cold blast from the Artic, in spring it means a lot of problems for gardeners and a last chance for a hike in the snow up on the hills.

The sun is strong in April (the mad convective precipitation today a result of that) so in shelter, it will be lovely but i suspect we not done yet with the warm clothing...

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    It was going mad here 10 minutes ago but when I got up to look out of the window it stopped, like "wot? Not doing nuffink."

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    We had a two minute hailstorm about an hour and a half ago - briefly incredibly violent, but already you'd never known it had happened.
    Just hit central London.

Mad bloody day, especially as yesterday I got my shorts, shades and 2007 Argentina shirt on and was basking in the sun.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by blameless View Post
    Similar for me a few miles down the road from the hobbeses

Running order:

1. Dry and calm
    2. Ferocious winds and heavy rain
    3. Dry and calm
    4. Ferocious winds and hailstones
    5. Dry and sunny, but still with the ferocious winds

It's one of those "you're getting all the weather today" days
    What is notable about it is it isn't your traditional British and Irish spring changeable, it is clearly a more energetic version of that. The sun is hotter in the clear bits, the rain and wind heavier and more intense the is traditional when that comes.

And yet some people still deny global warming because they disingenuously position it as a general shift in one direction rather than a wilder fluctuation between greater extremes (which, when averaged, has an higher overall temperature).

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    So far today.

Calm. Sunny. Cool. Barely a breath of wind.

AAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHHFUCKNIG SIDEWAYS RAIN AND HOWLING WIND IT'S ARMAGEDDON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Calm. Bright. Barely a breath of wind
    And then rinse, shake, repeat five minutes later.

At one point it was absolutely pelting down on the building opposite and blazing sun on this one.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    We had a two minute hailstorm about an hour and a half ago - briefly incredibly violent, but already you'd never known it had happened.

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Similar for me a few miles down the road from the hobbeses

Running order:

1. Dry and calm
    2. Ferocious winds and heavy rain
    3. Dry and calm
    4. Ferocious winds and hailstones
    5. Dry and sunny, but still with the ferocious winds

It's one of those "you're getting all the weather today" days

Leave a comment: