X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here they are again

Jobsworths and lickspittles

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1276905561175592960?s=20

government of the middle managers by the middle managers for the middle managers

Comment

that's an excellent article ad hoc. jeanmid I hope you will do me the courtesy of reading it before you mention antisemitism on here again, let along gleefully talk about how the shit will hit the fan when the EHRC report.

Thanks

Comment

Kate Green appointed as Shadow Education Secretary

He could have appointed one of the excellent Black women MPs

instead he went for Green

Likely to be the only thing that’s Green in the new shadow cabinet

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1276916558057652225?s=21

Comment

Thanks jonhr./ Etienne. I even searched and somehow the right bit didn't come up. Weird.

So, this new shadow education person seems pretty awful.

[Edit: as nef said]

Comment

KPMG is in favour

https://twitter.com/guy_stallard/status/1276922725097971712?s=21

Comment

This is just the kind of third sector External Affairs Officer’s Wet Dream Cabinet that will deliver Labour to the promised land of 216 seats.

Comment

https://twitter.com/hackneyabbott/status/1276928258102231040?s=21

Comment

Andrew Rawnsley sticks the boot in a bit more in an opinion piece today in The Grauniad.

On edit: and Toby Helm.
                  Last edited by Sporting; 28-06-2020, 09:10.

Comment

Has the Guardian even mentioned the Rachel Reeves case? I haven't seen it mentioned once. From my reading of anger among the left a lot of it could be assuaged if this zero tolerance policy was demonstrated to be non factional.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      Andrew Rawnsley sticks the boot in a bit more in an opinion piece today in The Grauniad.

On edit: and Toby Helm.
                      that Rawnsley piece was very strange described his fantasy Corbynista far left entrisg and then beating his creation worth a centrist baseball bat.

Do Rawnsley an co really think there are hundreds of thousands of extreme left sleepers Who was summoned up to join the Labour Party because they were activated by corbyn?

There’s also absolutely no discussion of policy let alone the populist policies deal with the crisis in the lives of anyone under 45 this country. (Which sadly even the Tories are now trying to respond to whilst Reeves and co just offer more anti immigration mugs.

Blair world is a very odd cult.

The Labour vote in 2017 and the Tory vote in 2019 share one fascinating aspect – they were both able to attract hundreds of thousands of people to the polls who are usually non-voting.

Rawnsley one feels would like to bring back the need to own property as a requirement to vote.
                      Last edited by Nefertiti2; 28-06-2020, 10:59.

Comment

I guess for Rawnsley it's not just his own personal political preference, but his professional survival. Practically all his sources are from New Labour. So he was a well informed and interesting journalist during the Blair and Brown governments and an increasingly ill informed and irrelevant one under Miliband and (especially) Corbyn as he had no access to the inner workings. Frankly he's lucky the Observer kept him on, but I'm sure even they might have balked if they'd had several more years of the same.

Comment

Good point Etienne

reminded me of this a little

In wrestling, there’s a concept called ‘kayfabe’ -- it’s the agreed fiction that what happens in the ring and around the ring is ‘real’ and treated as real in public by wrestlers and other talent, despite everyone knowing that the matches and dialogue are scripted.

The UK political media operates a form of kayfabe. People who ‘play out’ fights with one another on broadcast often get on famously in green rooms. Lines are taken to push on various storylines, the positions they hold for their respective employers.

And, like professional wrestling, the UK political media only works because wrestlers agree to a shared grammar and vocabulary of moves.
                          corbyn ruined that, and instead of making new contacts the gang froze them out. Now things are back to “ normal “ the story continues-delegitimise Corbyn and his supporters and the millions who voted for a left wing labour government. Pretend none of it ever happened and talk about Keir’s hairkut.

Comment

I never read Rawnsley any more.

Not exactly encouraged by RLB's successor, anyhow. We'll see. Great post by Wingco, back there, but I'm staying put.

Comment

Agree with Rawnsley that Starmer-Stiff sacking RLB isn't that brave or ruthless, but inevitable given his instructions from the Jewish Comical and the Board. A ruthless sheriff doesn't have to follow his deputies

Comment

Nia Griffith making a fool of herself- and showing how instrumental the whole thing is. Most of the people i've seen criticising RLB's sacking- like Barnaby Raine- are Jewish.

https://twitter.com/WalesPolitics/status/1277275934219960321?s=20

Meanwhile the Board of Deputies is on a roll

https://twitter.com/JewishChron/status/1277252761671925760?s=20

banning goods from the West Bank would be BDS

Incidentally anybody know why is Marie van der Zyl ( a Conservative activist before becoming President of BoD ) at a Jewish Labour meeting with Keir Starmer?

https://twitter.com/mikekatz/status/1274008144587493377?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/1277298959195783171?s=21

Comment

The Lisa Nandy statement did seem to represent an advance on Starmer's equivocation the day before; and supposedly he endorses this. I suppose that has to be acknowledged. But then, it's all about eventual deeds. There was once a Labour party that proposed an "ethical foreign policy".

Comment

true- or rather not backsliding.

The EU - of which Sir Keir was such an enthusiastic support until very recently

has a

requirement that foodstuffs originating in territories occupied by the State of Israel bear the indication of their territory of origin, accompanied, where those foodstuffs come from an Israeli settlement within that territory, by the indication of that provenance.

Comment

Who's Emma Picken, apart from a fucking massive racist?

Comment

She is involved with "Labour Against Antisemitism" and seems to be a mate of Euan Phillips- both spend a lot of time harrassing the left in Brighton and Tunbridge Wells.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Mc_Heckin_Duff/status/1277546217959014403?s=20

Comment

What a dick.

Comment

This is what a functioning opposition looks like

Comment

The Banter angle offers another chance for the deployment of long game it's a marathon not a sprint forensicism.

Forensic Banter appears to be next level stuff in the Banterverse, if they deploy it properly it could lead to the new Third Way by drawing in all of the new focus group demographics; "Zoom Zealots", "Queuing Quentins" and "Parler Pubbores"
                                                  Last edited by Kowalski; 29-06-2020, 11:16.

Comment

He's been a wanker on a few fronts today.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X