No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globally, we've reached 5,000+ cases per million population, or 0.5% of the world's population has been confirmed to have been infected with Covid-19.

Comment

Comment

Looks highly likely that I have the 'vid. A very mild dose, possibly even asymptomatic, but i'm still claiming that only me and one other man is strong enough to defeat this pansy-ass pale-faced virus: The Trump. And Jesus.

If I enter hospital please delete this message. Thank you.

Comment

Look after yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
            Looks highly likely that I have the 'vid. A very mild dose, possibly even asymptomatic, but i'm still claiming that only me and one other man is strong enough to defeat this pansy-ass pale-faced virus: The Trump. And Jesus.

If I enter hospital please delete this message. Thank you.
            Look after yourself C

Comment

Yes. Take care.

Comment

Yes, all the best, EIM.

Comment

Another 222 deaths in Spain today means that Spain has overtaken Peru again in terms of total number of deaths, returning to 7th position.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    Looking at that map I assume that ECDC only record rates by region, except for the largest cities which they count separately? Because Nottingham had a rate well over 864 per 100k in that period (in fact given that they're using a 2-week period their rate would have been more than double that, and a whole bunch of other English places would be above Brussels as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      Looks highly likely that I have the 'vid.
                      Well that sucks. Fingers crossed for a mild one.

Comment

Yeah, good luck man.

Comment

Best wishes EIM.

Comment

Stay asymptomatic.

Comment

Best wishes, EIM.

Comment

West Yorkshire stays on Level 2 for now, leaders of the 5 councils met with the government today and apparently there was no discussion about raising the alert level, they just told the government what every other council is telling them - they need money (and time) to implement the measures, and that resources for local test and trace and community engagement would be nice, and might, you know, bring down the rate of infection.

It's good to see them working together - although I live in Kirklees, Calderdale is about a mile away, Bradford council area about 5 miles and Leeds and Wakefield both under 10 miles away, and I work with people who live in all of them, as well as Rochdale, Oldham and other deceptively close towns on the other side of the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  That map rather vividly shows how bad things have got in Czechia currently. Which is very, very serious. Emergency field hospitals are being built, the government is appealing for anyone with medical training not currently working in the profession to step forward, and from reports from afar the entire health system appears to be teetering on the brink.

Comment

Wales is apparently going to get a "fire break" to give the virus a "short sharp shock". Everything will shut down for 2-3 weeks including businesses but not schools. (You know those things in the "community" which is apparently where transmission is happening.) Due to start 23rd October.

Comment

The fucking schools man, same in Ireland. The country will be burning but teachers are the new Frontline Heroes, falling without complaint so folk have free childcare and a break from the wee rats.

Comment

25 clusters the last week in Irish schools but the cunts in govt and the HSE still deny they are a problem (and keep referring to Denmark as proof opening schools ain't a problem though there's nothing similar in terms of class sizes and buildings between Ireland and Denmark).

They didn't even hire more primary teachers to reduce classroom numbers, preferring to just keep the newly qualified on the substitute rollcall, where the poor cunts have no contract and can't strike when exposed to criminal negligence on the part of headteachers or the Dept of Ed/HSE.
                                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-10-2020, 22:42.

Comment

The mask mandate in my county ends on Oct 22nd unless it's extended. Would be a stupid time to end it, just as the snowbirds start arriving.

Comment

Will they try to put you back on campus?

Comment

My son's main teacher is currently self-isolating for two weeks because his mum tested positive for Covid-19.

Comment

Christ.

Comment

South Africa is the first African country to reach 700,000 cases and has reported 18,370 deaths. The UK will likely overtake it in terms of cases tomorrow, and has reported more than double the number of deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                    Will they try to put you back on campus?
                                                    Not until January - and my wife and I will decide in December how to respond when that happens. As an adjunct I can turn courses down but with the risk of not being asked again.

Best wishes Balders and EIM.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X