Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What they said.

3.28 million U.S. jobless claims in a week, an all-time high. The previous record was 695,000 in 1982. Back when it was still morning in America

Comment

How long will it take the admin to process those claims? It's clearly not set up to handle that demand. Similarly the $1200 checks are going to take a while, and the banks will be understaffed due to sickness.

Comment

Unemployment compensation is a state function, and response times will differ considerably by state

The usual scammers will offer to mediate the stimulus payments in return for a cut the size of which they disguise, much as they already do with tax refunds

Comment

All the best, Rev.

Comment

And yes, what gtw has described in what I know as a journal club, though it is amusing to think that s. aureus' superior is engaged on a campaign of mandatory diary-making in an attempt to "team build".

Comment

No test administered, obviously. Was given option to go to the actual hospital but my reasoning is 'why take up a bed if not in immediate danger?'

So as of now, still the same self-isolation and just do the same 111 if symptoms get worse.

Very relieved.

Comment

That sounds promising.

Comment

Best wishes, Rev. Take good care.

Comment

As AP warned earlier, the death rate in Sweden, which had been notably low until recently, has started to spike, and now stands at 66 today.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                      Ambo/Paramedic en-route now.
                      Oh dear, I was just scrolling and reading his posts from early today thinking "He's about to get a lot worse real quick" as he was describing classic symptoms my family members told me (the dizziness, especially when getting up and attempting to walk up/downstairs) .

Get well soon and stay strong, we'll be here to entertain and annoy you.

Comment

Best wishes, Rev.

Comment

Thanks all.

To simplify it I reckon I have 'medium' symptoms as told not in immediate danger but to self monitor if I didn't wish to go to hospital.

Also given a free mask which I feel guilty about as they don't exactly have loads.

The paramedics were absolutely brilliant as well, and were saying that at least they get to go out whereas people isolating don't.

They also said they expect to see a lot more alcohol related problems in about 2 weeks from people locked down.

Comment

Take 'er easy Rev. Keep us posted.

Rare dark clouds over the Sandias this morning.

Comment

Iceland reaches over 800 cases.

Good luck Rev. Don't feel bad about using a mask, or an ambulance or hospital bed if you need it. From what I understand, an individual's condition can deteriorate quite quickly.

Comment

Rev, if you feel you need to call for help or need to go to hospital, just bloody well go. There was a chap on the radio this morning who had been feverish for 11 days but hadn't done anything and the doctor told him to ring 111 immediately.

Comment

I've just braved Tesco's for the first time. Car park and store were both relatively quiet but there was a queuing and safe distance protocol that I had to suss out pretty quickly.

Whilst I think I've been quite vigilant and sensible during the outbreak, it surprised me how quickly my paranoia increased at the sight of several shoppers in face masks and disposable gloves. We were all dancing around each other trying to keep the requisite distance but then occasionally some herbert or old person would come barging into your 2m safe zone. There were a few tuts and the odd eye roll but generally folk were behaving very well. No bog roll again though.

Comment

Toilet roll! And just in the nick of time as well. It was just the medium Sainsbury's at Elephant but you can see the difference in what's being stocked. Lots more potatoes, onions, carrots etc. in the seasonal spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                      Take 'er easy Rev. Keep us posted.

Rare dark clouds over the Sandias this morning.

Ugh I heart New Mexico

Comment

Best wishes, Rev.

Comment

Good luck Rev...

Boris Johnson expanding jobs.

With Bailiffs.

https://twitter.com/ElRaynerista/status/1243179923361193985?s=20

Comment

Public Health Wales have started publishing their daily updates at 2pm

Latest Wales stats:

“113 new cases have tested positive for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Wales, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 741, although the true number of cases is likely to be higher.

“Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is now circulating in every part of Wales.

“Six further deaths have been reported to us of people who had tested positive for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), taking the number of deaths in Wales to 28.

Comment

All the best Rev get well soon

Comment

Get healthy, Rev.

The US unemployment stats are horrific, but my feeling is that there'll be a 2 or 3 week massive spike like this and then it'll revert for a while. It's not like a normal recession where spending dries up slowly. Most of the unemployment is getting shoved into the front end of this. There'll be a second more traditional rise later when the unemployed don't have money and therefore aren't spending, but hopefully the stimulus will insulate against some of that.

Comment

At this rate,it has to revert. There are only so many people in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post

The phrase "act like you have the virus" could be quite a powerful way of getting it over to people how they should be behaving.

I'm surprised governments aren't using it.
                                                    That's basically what I've been trying to tell the people I know who are being irresponsible. I don't care whether you're fine with getting sick. You have to assume that the two weeks before you're sick you're infecting everyone else. So don't act like an arse. And also, if you get sick through your own lax attitude you're taking resources from people who aren't selfish arseholes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X