No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is your partner's mum based, Arturo? The Labour party has been setting up ward best voluntary networks and that might be the best way to get in touch with someone.

Comment

Thanks Nef. She's in March in Cambridgeshire.

Edit. This problem clearly isn't confined to my partner's mum. Some of the people being left behind in general are in a really bad state. It's shocking.

Comment

The phrase "act like you have the virus" could be quite a powerful way of getting it over to people how they should be behaving.

I'm surprised governments aren't using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          When I did encounter people on my walk, they gave me a very wide berth, much more than the 6ft recommendation. Good for them, better safe than sorry and all that, but it did make me feel rather odd, as though I was carrying a knife or an unpleasant odour!

As I passed them I involuntarily held my breath.
          This has quickly become the standard - where I run/walk is a popular route and there is a lot of 2m distancing going on. Yesterday I saw two walkers pass each other, going 2m apart at either side of the path, just as a runner came up and he went 2m into the road to avoid them both. This would usually be ill advised (it is a busy A road) but traffic is noticeably reduced as well.

Comment

Oh FFS. No, it's because of patient confidentiality. A very standard thing.
            There is no point juking the stats, doing that will just backload things. These deaths are all going to be reported eventually, and the government wants to get out of the current lockdown as soon as possible. If the numbers are still apparently climbing due to delayed reporting, that pushes back the date when this can be achieved. Getting that through as early as possible is a far bigger political win than would be got from downplaying things. Particularly as downplaying the numbers would lead to accusations the three week lockdown was overkill.

Comment

Bloody hell. I'm about 7 days in to having it (not tested, but most symptoms had) and it's got markedly worse today, the sore throat that's developed today is unpleasant but not as bad as the dizziness, which I can only describe as like coming up on a pill (Ecstasy) tried walking to make a coffee and almost keeled over, also massively massively tired. Thought I was getting better yesterday as well

Please everyone, if you can, isolate. This is not pleasant, fortunately breathing is fine so far, weird as I'm still doing 20 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                Bloody hell. I'm about 7 days in to having it (not tested, but most symptoms had) and it's got markedly worse today, the sore throat that's developed today is unpleasant but not as bad as the dizziness, which I can only describe as like coming up on a pill (Ecstasy) tried walking to make a coffee and almost keeled over, also massively massively tired. Thought I was getting better yesterday as well

Please everyone, if you can, isolate. This is not pleasant, fortunately breathing is fine so far, weird as I'm still doing 20 a day.
                Give up now please!

Comment

Do you have someone shopping for you or keeping an eye out reverend. There are support groups in most parts of the country now...

Comment

The throat is meaning that the two things that I do not wish to do toady is eat or smoke. So might use this as a reason to stop, certainly be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      Do you have someone shopping for you or keeping an eye out reverend. There are support groups in most parts of the country now...
                      Not eye out as live alone, but shopping is fine as I did a mammoth shop before all this started.

But good advice, thank you, I'll look for a support group online. Weird again as I've just volunteered to do that for this Volunteer thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

That’s terrible- it was by far the best thing on telly!
                        The individual's similarly aged colleague had at least heard of the telly show on that Atlantis but had no idea what it was about.

Comment

According to the govt guidelines the cough could continue for several weeks but 7 days isolation is all you need from when symptoms first started. You will not be infectious after that.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post

Not eye out as live alone, but shopping is fine as I did a mammoth shop before all this started.

But good advice, thank you, I'll look for a support group online. Weird again as I've just volunteered to do that for this Volunteer thing.
                            Momentum have repurposed their election campaign map to volunteercoronavirus https://volunteercoronavirus.com/ obviously, it's for people to sign up to be volunteers rather than receive help, but if you put in your postcode it gives you the contact details for all of the groups.

Comment

Ambo/Paramedic en-route now.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Reverend.

Comment

Good luck, Rev. Thinking the best for you.

Comment

Blimey Rev. Take care.

Comment

Fingers crossed Rev

Comment

All the very best Rev.

Comment

Yes, all the best Rev.

Comment

Take care Rev.

Comment

All the best Rev.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers, Rev.

Comment

Adding to all the above

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Rev.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X