Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    doesn't prepare their own food. That's why the restrictions here have allowed th
    On another, mainly US board I frequent, a poster was complaining about only having paper plates because they haven't cooked in 30 years. I can't fathom it.

Comment

Someone in Kentucky got the virus at a coronavirus party. Really. Announced by the governor today.

Comment

Now confirmed - my flight back to the UK on Friday is cancelled. I think we knew this, and had planned for it.

Comment

Someone has to see that this strategy results in murdering their most reliable voting bloc.
          This is what is staggering me in regards to the US and UK response.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

are you in a Union Arturo and are your colleagues

Because if the governement is texting the entire country telling them to stay at home then legally it's quite hard for an employer to insist your colleagues should come to work

https://twitter.com/ShellyAsquith/status/1242429542029017089?s=20
            Yes, but not sure about my colleagues.

I think we're getting another update today about possible redeployment which is fine by me if it helps the effort, but a lot hinges on if can get to the location ok and the travel situstion. It might mean maintaining a presence in a key building or answering phones. I'm just sitting tight (and bored) at home, but I won't put myself at risk for anything non essential.

The mixed messages from the government aren't helping to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
              Someone in Kentucky got the virus at a coronavirus party. Really. Announced by the governor today.
              I firmly suspect many people would like to get Corona virus so they can attention seek on social media by blogging and live streaming for likes and clout.

Comment

I don't think people will get much sex from it, TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  That reminds me. Must cancel the TV licence here.
                  wonder if the bbc will be making a case for their licensing heavies to be seen as essential workers as id imagine they'll be delighted at the prospect of a housebound,bored population

Comment

Final death toll yesterday was 2,381, so Covid-19 is now killing more people daily worldwide than HIV/AIDS and pneumonia. Only hepatitis B and tuberculosis kill more people. Just in case anyone still isn't taking this seriously enough.

Comment

I messaged a friend today. She's fit and healthy, goes out walking a lot, has loads of friends. Naturally she's stuck at home alone and confessed to having had "some seriously bad days". It quite upset me. I've never known her to be dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
                        My daughter continues to do well, there's a cough here or there, her energy levels are up and generally she's in a better mood. Interestingly, my wife had fever & fatigue over the weekend and is now moved to more of a dry cough with some chest tightness over the last couple days, which is when I've been hit with the fever and fatigue. There was a parent who was on-campus at the kids school two weeks ago who wound up testing positive later, I'm not sure that counts as "confirmed contact" which would be what's required to get a test, that or severe symptoms which thankfully we haven't been experiencing yet.

TBH, you guys sound like you have all of the classic signs of COVID-19 infection.

Comment

Charlie Windsor has tested positive.

Parker-Bowles negative

Comment

They've just been showing pictures of him carefully infecting his subjects-to-be...

Comment

Typical, wait all that time for a crown and then loads come at once.

Comment

I guess I can't see how government could distinguish among restaurants and cafes on the basis of their menu.
                                Do they have different Merchant Category Codes maybe?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/alonso_gd/status/1242762708132466689?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                    They've just been showing pictures of him carefully infecting his subjects-to-be...
                                    Surely that's Andrew's job?

Comment

So Charles managed to get a test (as well as Camilla) when NHS staff can't manage to get tested. NHS Scotland guidance is that you are eligible for testing if you're symptomatic to the extent that you need hospitalisation. Doesn't seem as if they meet the criteria. Not that I am surprised.

Having worked in the NHS (in Arrowe Park where all the initial isolation cases were quarantined), I'm saddened on behalf of the people who are much more in need

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Do they have different Merchant Category Codes maybe?
                                        I'm confused by all the confusion that seems to be spreading, virus like, from my innocent comment.

Vegan cafes are not being singled out and ordered to close. Cafes and restaurants and takeaways and whatnot in general have been.

Comment

In good news, Jaap van Dissel, head of RIVM (the Dutch institute for public health and environment) briefed parliament on how the Coronavirus is proceeding in the Netherlands. Key message: based on available data, the reproductive rate has dropped to just below 1. This means that the growth has been reduced from exponential to linear, which implies that the intensive care departments ought to be able to handle the spread. He also said that while this is good news, all goes to hell* if everyone decides to go to the beach**.

His PDF presentation with additional data provides more insights and scenarios. Slide 13 shows various scenarios on intensive care capacity while varying the reproductive rate (R_0). Notice that all pictured scenarios have R_0>2 instead of 1.

It appears as if this presentation is built to give the government the mandate to instill enforced quarantine on people positive for Covid-19 and their families, on top of the current mitigation measures.

*he didn't use those words
                                          **but he did say we shouldn't all go to the beach

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Parker-Bowles negative
                                            I don't like royals but I don't like royals with covid-19 even more, if you follow me.

Get well soon, Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by tuckwat View Post

My daughter suffered ligament damage on a monkey puzzle trampoline a couple of years ago while at the same time next doors little girl had a fracture on their back garden set up.
                                              What is a monkey puzzle trampoline?

Comment

Originally posted by fospheny View Post
                                                So Charles managed to get a test (as well as Camilla) when NHS staff can't manage to get tested. NHS Scotland guidance is that you are eligible for testing if you're symptomatic to the extent that you need hospitalisation. Doesn't seem as if they meet the criteria. Not that I am surprised.

Having worked in the NHS (in Arrowe Park where all the initial isolation cases were quarantined), I'm saddened on behalf of the people who are much more in need
                                                You think the Windsors use the NHS?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                                  On another, mainly US board I frequent, a poster was complaining about only having paper plates because they haven't cooked in 30 years. I can't fathom it.
                                                  Why would not cooking mean you have paper instead of real plates?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                                    The headlines should read -
                                                    Wealthy, over-privileged Londoner ignores Govt. advice to stay at home during Covid-19 outbreak, relocates to second home, and exports virus to rural location.
                                                    Cheers Charlie-boy, ya friggin nugget.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X