The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

I wonder whether the adjudication would be different if it were men doing the deep-throating.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Isn't it dangerous to encourage children to stick things down their throats, sexual connotations aside?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Montpellier: il fait le salut nazi et montre ses fesses à l'Euro-2015, 1 an ferme

"1 an ferme" = 1 year prison sentence
        "fesses" = buttocks

"I made this gesture," said the supporter, "to three Swiss people sitting near me, who are extremists, to show them precisely what they shouldn't be doing. And I showed my arse because I was provoked by the public when I rose to make my salute."

"I must admit that your account seems a bit complicated," replied the judge.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

So, the guy being imprisoned is Bosnian, and his gesture was directed at three Swiss during a game between Israel and Russia.

He deserves to do time for lack of creativity.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Concerns raised over supervision levels at Russian nurseries

Comment

The WTF? Thread

So here's a thing.

Mum and Dad told me on Friday night that my grandfather (Dad's estranged father) was a fascist.

This dude bailed on his wife and child when dad was 2. He showed up when dad was 9 and took him on holiday for 2 weeks and then disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again.

A few months ago my sister-in-law was doing some genealogy stuff and stumbled upon this a black and white photo from 1983, of this dodgy old cunt in his 80's handing out racist propaganda flyers to children in London. His name was "grandad's" name and his profile looked like Dad's own. It was him.

Found a thread on Stormfront with a group of mouth-breathers discussing this Jew who was a NF figure.

The NF had no policy on jews so it wasn´t Tyndall or anyone else deciding if viner and elder could join. Viner was an ex communist from the East End and Elder was from the South Coast.
              https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1045274-11/

Anyway, Dad is pretty cut about it. He's desperate for this to stay in the closet. I, on the other hand, find it fascinating and quite funny (utterly absurd).

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Isn't the usual thing to get a peerage or at least a marriage to a minor royal?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Isn't the usual thing to get a peerage or at least a marriage to a minor royal?
                  That's an idea. I have pedigree now.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Just realised I probably shouldn't have clicked on Posty's link whilst signed into Google. I hate to think of the ads I'd be getting now if I didn't run Ad Block.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Posty Webber wrote: Anyway, Dad is pretty cut about it. He's desperate for this to stay in the closet. I, on the other hand, find it fascinating and quite funny (utterly absurd).
                      My grandfather was apparently a bigshot in the OAS. He died when I was eight, so to me he was just a sweet old fellow who liked the football. Later, after I developed some basic political consciousness, I had to re-imagine him as a ridiculous/embarrassing embodiment of The Rotten Past. I never actually knew him.

Of course, he continues to fascinate and repel me. But my dad struggles to talk about him at all. When he does, it's as this empty figure overwhelmed by sadness and suffering and loss, marked by defeat and exile, morally exhausted by whatever killing and torturing he got up to during the war. All of which was for naught, of course.

But if this man's long dead body is made to carry such heavy history, it's probably so that my dad's does not have to. Sometimes I think it would be better for Dad to accept a bit more of the burden. But he wouldn't appreciate me saying so.

So, be discreet with your old man. Have you thanked your parents for telling you what they knew on Friday? That already seems like a huge step.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

No I haven't, laverte, but will do so now that you've cleared the muck a bit. Cheers!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I don't think I'll ever understand why people assume any kind of moral / ethical / emotional burden based on what their parents or grandparents got up to, no matter how bad. It's nothing to do with you, and in no way reflects upon you. By the same token, I've no idea why people take pride in what those same people did. Again, it's nothing to do with you. It's not yours to own or carry.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

As you can imagine, the Jewish White supremacist thing is a whole 'nuther thing. There's all sorts of weird ghetto cliquey psycho-weirdness at play.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I'm not trying to deny your father his feelings. I'm just saying I don't, for the life of me, understand the basis for them. Should Charles Manson's children carry any burden of guilt or shame for the actions of a man they've never met or known? Should Hitler's cousins or Eichmann's sons change their names? I mean, if you're being harassed by idiots, I guess so. But to assume any sort of emotional burden based on the actions of others - over whom you had no control or influence - seems misguided.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I suppose the answer is no, but ultimately decent folk (and that's most people) inherently distance themselves from the unpalatable, which I think in the end is a good thing.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Distancing yourself I can understand. But to wear any of it, as if they were your deeds? Nah.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news...-31514975.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

She told the court that Kye took her on a car ride one day in which he asked her to wear sunglasses on top of her mask and scarf because "he did not want it to look weird or that she had been kidnapped".

Comment

The WTF? Thread

WOM wrote: Distancing yourself I can understand. But to wear any of it, as if they were your deeds? Nah.
                                        Totally man.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

MsD wrote: She told the court that Kye took her on a car ride one day in which he asked her to wear sunglasses on top of her mask and scarf because "he did not want it to look weird or that she had been kidnapped".
                                          I know.
                                          I suppose we really shouldn't laugh.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Too late.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Has the concept of Catfishing not made it to Belfast?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

They've not long discovered the tank top.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Plenty of tanks, though.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

MsD wrote: They've not long discovered the tank top.
                                                    Well, it had reached Derry 30-odd years ago, so I'm sure it was in Belfast round about the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X