Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it works, you'll love it...

Comment

Good job nobody was there to see the sort of scenes that nobody wants to see.

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1276882694702538752

Comment

The Rams behaving like their namesakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          I was intrigued as to what happened to the outfit after it started to hose it down in injury time but he slipped on some kind of quilted Barbouresque jacket.
          Ha ha! Of course he did. I'm eager to see what kind of footwear he had on but the photo unfortunately doesn't reveal it.

Comment

What a splendid set of results for those of us who are rooting for Stoke City to be relegated. Remarkable.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GeoffSWFC/status/1277200908225560576?s=19

Comment

If Lee Johnson put half as much effort into training his team to defend corners as he does into moaning then City might have got something out of that.

Comment

<Nods at everybody... goes back to being nervous in a dark cupboard...>

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    If Lee Johnson put half as much effort into training his team to defend corners as he does into moaning then City might have got something out of that.
                    He's very quickly turning into his father - if he doesn't start turning this slump around soon I can see Bristol City looking for a new manager in the early weeks of next season

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post
                      <Nods at everybody... goes back to being nervous in a dark cupboard...>
                      Don't worry Statto, you're as good as up. There's nothing to stop you now. You can basically freewheel over the finishing line at this point.

(I work with Leeds fans, so you can imagine how I'm feeling at the moment.)

Comment

That's true. And, as painful as it is to say it, it;s deserved too.

(unclenches teeth)

Comment

And in the same vein, you don't need to worry about a points deduction ad hoc. It would be most unfair at this point of the season. Your league position should be decided on the pitch, NOT by the FA.

(Oh please, oh please, oh please.)

Comment

Didn't Birmingham get a points deduction at a similar stage last season, which nearly relegated them?

(though having said that if we do get a significant deduction I imagine the club would appeal to delay the outcome until next season)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Didn't Birmingham get a points deduction at a similar stage last season, which nearly relegated them?

(though having said that if we do get a significant deduction I imagine the club would appeal to delay the outcome until next season)
                              Yes but it seemed calculated to make sure they wouldn't be. Previous points deductions for other clubs for lesser offences occurring earlier in the season had been penalised more harshly. I'd expect a Birmingham style deduction, The league doesn't want anymore headaches than it already has at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                That's true. And, as painful as it is to say it, it;s deserved too.

(unclenches teeth)
                                This is very kind of both you and Billy, ad hoc.

You'll forgive me if I absolutely refuse to count my chickens until they're hatched, though. Last year's collapsathon added to twenty years of aiming automatic weaponry at our own feet will do that to a person.

Comment

Meanwhile, Jonny Cooper, a Leeds fan who does stats for Opta, has posted this uplifting observation on Twitter this morning regarding our record under Bielsa when we start the day top of the division:

DDWLDDDLWLLWLWLDWLDDDLL 5 wins in 23 games (22%). Tonight is our first game starting top since February's 1-0 home defeat to Wigan.
                                  Luton tonight, then.

<Hello cupboard, my old friend...>

Comment

Ooh, looks like I get to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan for the day tomorrow! Come on you Hooty Owls, etc.

Comment

Three games three losses. We did score (whoopee.) Don't know where this is going. Eight points off relegation. Probably won't happen but... (reaches for bottle.)

Comment

Conversely, we've got seven points from three games without conceding a goal.

It's the hope that kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                          Conversely, we've got seven points from three games without conceding a goal.

It's the hope that kills you.
                                          There could be a lot resting on our last game of the season.

A comprehensive win tonight. We really were very good. Tough game on Saturday against Wigan, the form team in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post
                                            Luton tonight, then.

<Hello cupboard, my old friend...>
                                            Aaaaaand sure enough, a zillion corners, a trillion shots, two injuries, one goal, one point. Gap now six to third (hi cantagalo) to a team winning for fun. We can easily finish third from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                              Three games three losses. We did score (whoopee.) Don't know where this is going. Eight points off relegation. Probably won't happen but... (reaches for bottle.)
                                              Feeling similarly from a Biscuity perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                                Tough game on Saturday against Wigan, the form team in the division.
                                                Surely Brentford are the form team in this division? (How do you like them mind games, cantaglo? ).

Comment

It's incredibly tight at the bottom isn't it? And fairly rare for all 3 relegation spots to still be very much in play this late on in the season.

Luton's 40 points and GD of -27 puts them bottom with 6 games to play, but would have been enough to keep them up last year.

Comment

Don't remind me...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X