No announcement yet.

The Most Exiting (sic) League in the World: Div 2, 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered that. It's no kinda colour change that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Regression to the mean
      Sending off a bit harsh? After the Leeds result last week the capitulation when you were down to 10 came as a surprise.

Comment

They've worn blue at our place before - 2013. I miss the simpler times when they'd turn up in red and black and sponsored by McEwans Lager and my dad would pretend not to hear me swearing at Shearer.

Comment

I'm thinking that Leeds should hire Bielsa for the first half of their seasons and then appoint a caretaker soon after Christmas.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if a number of his other clubs had come to a similar conclusion after the fact

Comment

Comment

Stat of the day, I should have added.

Comment

But we're top of the league now!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                    I'm thinking that Leeds should hire Bielsa for the first half of their seasons and then appoint a caretaker soon after Christmas.
                    ESPN in the USA rotates the games they show, so I am only able to see Leeds every few weeks. I'm sure the club is still feeling some level of concern about spending too much on players to avoid the chaos that happened two decades ago, but it seems to me that the squad is too thin given Bielsa's tactics. And there is no way in my opinion that this squad would stay up in the top flight. It would be a one and done.

Comment

Interesting report on Inside Futbol they claim Tune Group (QPR's owners) are sniffing around FC Den Bosch in the Dutch second division. If true it could mean they're looking at building a Watford style operation. It kinda fits the pattern of QPR's development in the past couple of years. Lot's of young players given experience through lower league loans.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/02/...r-club/450785/

Comment

How's Todd Kane getting on at Loftus Rd.? Amor de Cosmos

Comment

Not too well. Decent going forward but his defensive positioning leaves much to be desired. He's been playing regularly as the 150 year-old Angel Rangel is only up for about a game a month these days, but when he does play it only highlights Kane's limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                            Not too well. Decent going forward but his defensive positioning leaves much to be desired. He's been playing regularly as the 150 year-old Angel Rangel is only up for about a game a month these days, but when he does play it only highlights Kane's limitations.

Oh dear. That's a pity. I don't really know too much about his qualities (limited, apparently) but he never seemed to kick up a fuss when he went out on loan (eight times!!!) so I was really hoping that it would work out for him with your guys.

Comment

Not getting ahead of myself too much, but I've just had a revelation that Lee Camp will be saving Wayne Rooney's penalty at Wembley on May 25th.

Comment

Five points from ten games for us now and we've still got to play all the top seven apart from Leeds. If the EFL deduct us more than a handful of points for our creative accounting then we're absolutely fucked. And if they don't we're absolutely fucked anyway because of the clown who owns the club. Sell everything and return to the warm bosom of the tinned tuna industry, Dejphon.

Comment

I’m still not ready to accept that Mark Bowen was right to select himself as manager.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51628153

Kiko Casillas, Leeds United goalkeeper, has got an 8 match ban for racially abusing Jonathan Leko, starting this weekend. He's vehemently denying it.

I only vaguely remember the incident happening last September. Does anyone have any more insight into all of this?

One thing find it really strange that Leeds' number one reserve keeper, Meslier, is only 19 years old and has only made one start for them before today. Were Leeds expecting this ban? If so, why not get in a more experienced keeper or play Meslier in a few more games?

Comment

Millwall giving Forest a right hammering so far at the City Ground. Three up at half time and a Matt Smith hat-trick. Doesn't sound like a flattering scoreline either.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                                        Millwall giving Forest a right hammering so far at the City Ground. Three up at half time and a Matt Smith hat-trick. Doesn't sound like a flattering scoreline either.
                                        Ex - Droylsden striker Matt Smith, if you don't mind.

I tell you a club whose form this season has been unpredictably weird: Hull.

Comment

They've fallen off a cliff. May not get another point this season the way thing are going.

Comment

They won at my lot on New Years Day and were only a point outside the play offs as a result. Since then they've collected two points from eleven games and sold their two best players into the bargain. Worth noting they've still got to play Charlton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Luton.

Comment

So, Div 2 experts: what the fuckity fuck is going on with the owners at Charlton (again?). Gotta feel for those Addick fans...

Comment

The EFL couldn't organise a parish jumble sale. Their "fit and proper" ownership rules are as useful as a transparent fig-leaf at the North Pole. Time after time they've allowed member clubs to fall into the hands of incompetents and chancers. When stuff like the Charlton situation happens they just throw up their hands and walk away.

Comment

Astonishing battle between owner Tahnoon Nimer and Executive Chairman Matt Southall.

Nimer has accused Southall of spending his money on 'Range Rovers and bitches'. Southall is also renting an apartment for £12k a month on club funds. Nimer has now published the address of the apartment.

This could get even uglier.

Comment

Nice phrasing, there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X