No announcement yet.

The Most Exiting (sic) League in the World: Div 2, 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope he waits until they play here in a couple of weeks, otherwise the Whitecaps attendance will be even more embarrassing than it's already become.

Comment

All the teams relegated last season (Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield) lost their first game, while the promoted teams (Luton, Barnsley, Charlton) picked up two wins and a draw.

Freak results or a sign of things to come?

Comment

BBC have picked up the Rooney story. He's having a conversation with the Derby chairman today about a possible coaching role.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
          All the teams relegated last season (Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield) lost their first game, while the promoted teams (Luton, Barnsley, Charlton) picked up two wins and a draw.

Freak results or a sign of things to come?
          Goat's entrails yet. But a number of people reckon this is the weakest second tier in some time, with no clear stand-out teams (except maybe Leeds, but they're always rated by some.) so there could be surprises.

Comment

Does Rooney's deal with Derby only start in January in order to give him a full close season?

Comment

Well, at least theoretically, he could be playing for DC United until 10 November.

I also believe that releasing him earlier would not have afforded the club any additional salary relief given the way the contract is structured and the league rules work, and that is their primary benefit from doing this.

Comment

Ah, I wasn't switched on and, for some reason, I thought his/DC's/The MLS's season was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Goat's entrails yet. But a number of people reckon this is the weakest second tier in some time, with no clear stand-out teams (except maybe Leeds, but they're always rated by some.) so there could be surprises.
                  Leeds have just sold last season's top goalscorer, Kemar Roofe, to Anderlecht.

I'm struggling with all of the Bilic headlines I read on the internet as his name is often reduced to just 'Slaven.'

Thus, when I read, for example something like 'Slaven wants 4 more at West Brom' I always, without fail, wonder for a split second if I missed the news that Bernie Slaven has been installed as manager at the Hawthorns.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Likely because I don't pay much attention to the Championship . . .

The Washington Post has a rumour that Rooney will be coming back to join Derby as player-manager.
                    Done and dusted now at the end of the MLS season.

Comment

I didn't realise that as well as this repugnant tie in with a gambling firm to sign Rooney and use him a billboard, Derby have "sold" their stadium to their owner and leased it back as an FFP scam.

I very much much hope they fail to get promoted again now.

Comment

Even more than Cardiff?

Comment

Promoted teams have momentum and relegated ones have negativity. The long haul will expose lack of depth in the former and allow parachute payment signings to bed in.

But midtable for Barnsley would give them a theoretical chance of the play-offs for a while, and I think Oakwell will be a tough away trip for many. Can we get any away wins would be my worry.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-08-2019, 06:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            I didn't realise that as well as this repugnant tie in with a gambling firm to sign Rooney and use him a billboard, Derby have "sold" their stadium to their owner and leased it back as an FFP scam.

I very much much hope they fail to get promoted again now.
                            It makes me quite pleased that West Brom have such an old-fashioned sponsor. Ideal Boilers. A nice throwback to the Swan Kettles era team of the early 80s too.

I think that it's a good signing for Derby. By all accounts, Rooney played really well in the States and I can see him having a great season if he stays fit.

Comment

Edit - only half followed the Rooney story. Didn't realise he's not going to Derby until January. Ray's right - that gambling tie in really is a stinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

It makes me quite pleased that West Brom have such an old-fashioned sponsor. Ideal Boilers. A nice throwback to the Swan Kettles era team of the early 80s too.

Aren't Ideal from Hull though?

Comment

Reading have signed Puskas, so everything will be fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                    Reading have signed Puskas, so everything will be fine now.
                                    Oh, is he still.playing?

Comment

The two deadline day signings were (genuinely) Puskas and Pele.

Comment

Top of the league!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                          And yet still somehow lost at Hull.

Comment

To be fair, they're a bit past their prime.

Comment

Even with the blue pills?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                                I feel compelled to point out that Puskas is actually Pușcaș. Yes the pronunciation is the same, and indeed the name is the same (Pușcaș is a Romanian spelling of the Hungarian name which the family will have switched to at some point in the past). But Reading's new player is Pușcaș not Puskas.

Good signing I reckon

Comment

To be honest I’d not looked at his stats, and now I have I’m hoping you just might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Leeds have just sold last season's top goalscorer, Kemar Roofe, to Anderlecht.
                                                    Vincent Kompany actually rang up to enquire about some expensive glassware he'd seen at Elland Road. The rest was a mistranslation.

Roofe looked sharp last season when he'd played half a dozen games in a row. Both times.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X