No announcement yet.

The Most Exiting (sic) League in the World: Div 2, 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked and yes, you're right GO. Leeds lost away from home. West Brom are now top of the league on goal difference.

Comment

Are Leeds going to bottle it again?

Comment

Seems unlikely. The problem on the run in with Bielsa seems to be exhausted players, which presumably will not be the case this season

Comment

We can but dream though.

Comment

I was hoping that Leeds would come out of the break basically treating the final run as equivalent to the first half of the season, which has been the most successful period for the side under Bielsa. But Leeds looked poor. And I could swear that's the second time this seasons that a Leeds striker has been hit by a ball that was going in while standing in an offside position. Both times happened in tight losses if I remember correctly.

Comment

The independent commission looking at Wednesday's ground shenanigans starts today, and will likely take the rest of the week to rule. Possible punishments range from a slap on the wrist to expulsion from the league, with the smart money being on a points deduction from between 8 and 21 points. 21 relegates us, 8 might do.

Not sure what is happening in the similar Derby case

Comment

Wow. Woodgate's been sacked. And Warnock takes over until the end of the season. Ulp.

Last edited by Capybara; 23-06-2020, 09:04.

Comment

Ulp indeed! He's the one Gibson has wanted for time, a very effective football manager and a proper doyle, so we'll see...

Comment

To draw this morning's stories together, Wednesday are at home to Middlesbrough on the final afternoon / teatime / evening. So there's now the possibility of Warnock getting the result that relegates us.

Comment

That's an angle that has given me some cheer.

Comment

Middlesbrough have a record of getting relegated at Hillsborough.

Comment

Enough with your balance.

Comment

Colin's just a man who can't say no. "This is my last job." on being appointed Palace manager in 2007. He's had five clubs since then.

Sharon is a long-suffering woman, it's a long commute from Cornwall to Middlesborough, maybe she's just happy to have him out of the house.

Comment

Ding.

Comment

"I said to Sharon not two weeks ago, I've always dreamed of going to the Galapagos Islands ..... last job .... eight games to save ourselves .... giant sea turtles probably need to do just a little bit more than they have been doing ...."

(stolen from Clive Whittingham @ loftforwords

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  The independent commission looking at Wednesday's ground shenanigans starts today, and will likely take the rest of the week to rule. Possible punishments range from a slap on the wrist to expulsion from the league, with the smart money being on a points deduction from between 8 and 21 points. 21 relegates us, 8 might do.

Not sure what is happening in the similar Derby case
                                  I'm guessing it will be a points deduction that will leave you comfortably clear of relegation.

Comment

Well that makes things quite interesting.

I can't believe I'm wanting Fulham to win tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                      Well that makes things quite interesting.
                                      Just so few chances in the game yesterday, certainly from a West Brom perspective. Lots of possession but the final ball was really, really poor. Add this to a similar performance last week against Birmingham City - 0-0, plus the fact that we hadn't scored in the two games before the league's suspension means I'm finding things more worrying than interesting. I'm definitely rooting for Fulham today.
                                      Last edited by Jon; 27-06-2020, 12:20.

Comment

Mitrovic just clearly and deliberately elbowed a Leeds player in the head without challenging for the ball.

https://twitter.com/JoeCatling19/status/1276879234024247305

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                          Mitrovic just clearly and deliberately elbowed a Leeds player in the head without challenging for the ball.

https://twitter.com/JoeCatling19/status/1276879234024247305
                                          That's him gone for three matches at least.

Comment

One of the passes of the season from Hernandez for Leeds's third.

Comment

Is Scott Parker wearing a shirt, tie and double-breasted cardigan combo? I don't think even Vialli ever attempted that sartorial gambit on the touchline.

Comment

The sheer state of this (tiebar, too)

Comment

Good work on finding the image.

I was intrigued as to what happened to the outfit after it started to hose it down in injury time but he slipped on some kind of quilted Barbouresque jacket.

Comment

It's alright this Warnockball malarkey.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X