No announcement yet.

The Most Exiting (sic) League in the World: Div 2, 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the selling your stadium to yourself club.

Lovely first goal for Luton tonight.

2-2 already, exiting indeed.

Comment

Why the fuck are Luton wearing red?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        Why the fuck are Luton wearing red?
        The projector screen in the pub I was watching it in made it look that way too but it’s definitely orange. Either than or your tellys on the blink

Comment

The pub telly...

Comment

Top of the league!

Comment

More importantly than that, the stylish new away strip got an airing.

Comment

Surprisingly we've won away from home on the opening weekend of the season for first time in thirty-two years. Mostly looked good doing it too. It helped that Stoke played like they'd yet to emerge from hibernation, but never mind we'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez View Post

Bilic's reign at West Ham was closely aligned with Dmitri Payet's form. In the first season, Payet's general brilliance largely outshone the negatives of Bilic's teams, such as a lack of match fitness and defensive frailties. Bilic's second and truncated third seasons, when Payet went off the boil and then subsequently left, were awful in the extreme.

The pattern of his stints at other clubs before he joined West Ham, seemed to indicate strong starts before a tailing off of results leading to an inevitable sacking. Hope he does well for West Brom, I'm very interested to see if his performance follows a similar trend to what has gone before.
                  Bilic is one of these managers who seems convincing and classy when you first encounter him, and he can get some of the players already at the club playing better, but he's fuck all good at organizing a team, or coaching them in a way that improves them as a unit, and eventually it falls apart. he's basically the Croatian alan pardew, but without the personality of "An adulterous warehouse assistant manager" as someone once described him on here.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    Top of the league!
                    Caveated by the fact it was Reading?

Comment

I fancied checking out the highlights show on Quest tonight, but when I tried it without my VPN on it (unsurprisingly) said I needed to be the UK, and then when I switched the VPN to the UK it said the video hadn't been uploaded yet (even though I'd seen it there on the page minutes before). I tried another show on the site and that played fine, so it's not the VPN. Ah well, hopefully I can get it to work tomorrow night instead.

Comment

Racist abuse by Fulham fans at Barnsley

https://www.theguardian.com/football...abused-by-fans

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                          Surprisingly we've won away from home on the opening weekend of the season for first time in thirty-two years. Mostly looked good doing it too. It helped that Stoke played like they'd yet to emerge from hibernation, but never mind we'll take it.
                          I was there yesterday. Completely agree with your analysis and enjoyed the performances of Osayi-Samuel and Ebere Eze. Tom Smith, Stoke's right-back, is reckoned to be the best in his position in the league, but Eze made a bit of a mockery of that. On the other side, few would claim James McClean is the best left-back, and he had 70 minutes of torment till Osayi-Samuel went off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

Caveated by the fact it was Reading?
                            I suspect longeared's post was pretty much all caveat. Starting, but no means finishing, with the idea that anyone is meaningfully top of the league after one game

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Racist abuse by Fulham fans at Barnsley

https://www.theguardian.com/football...abused-by-fans
                              Against their own player's sister.

Are these fuckers overspill from the bottom of the King's Road who've been priced out of Stamford Bridge?

Apologies

Christie's sister.

Not gf

Genuine slip there folks.

Comment

If priced out of Stamford Bridge, why travel to Barnsley? They most likely either traveled up as Fulham supporters, which suggests commitment, or are casual fans living in the north who have a childhood allegiance to Fulham.

If the game was all-ticket with seat allocations, they will hopefully be nabbed. If not, CCTV or witnesses would be needed.

Comment

hmm, I think the time has come for a player to kick the shit out of a fan again. whatever else you could say about football in the second half of the nineties, the fans knew that there was potentially a price attached to running down half the stand to scream racist abuse at someone. People will remember matthew Simmonds' name long after they've forgotten their own.

Comment

We surely reached Peak Brentford yesterday. They lost having had 76% possession, hit the woodwork three times and restricted Birmingham to an xG of 0.1.

And of course we were missing Neal Maupay, out of the team due to transfer speculation because the window closes after the first round of matches. Surely it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the EFL to start on the same weekend as the Premier League and just add another midweek fixture later on.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                      Surely it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the EFL to start on the same weekend as the Premier League and just add another midweek fixture later on.
                                      Common sense from the EFL? Have you been drinking heavily?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Common sense from the EFL? Have you been drinking heavily?
                                        Having heard a couple of interviews by Debbie Jevans speaking about Bolton and Bury, there's every chance she could prove to be as useless and ineffectual as Harvey.

Comment

I doubt the Football League is allowed to start on the same day as the Premier League. Well, maybe "allowed" is a bit strong, but I imagine it's something the Premier League has designed so they can have a launch day untarnished by the little folk. And actually, if the FL did start on the same weekend the focus wouldn't be on them as it has been this weekend. I imagine that launch is far more important to them than a few clubs losing players after their first match. And at least it's only one match this time...

It's probably best to separate the two issues - I do think we're heading eventually to a UEFA-wide window that closes before the start of at least the majority of winter leagues and in turn that solves this problem. This year the window closes three weeks earlier than it did in 2017 and it still feels like it's been open forever.

Comment

Why was one end devoid of spectators at Bristol City?

Comment

You all don't think I'll ever let facts stand in the way of my rhetoric do you?

(Fulham were away.

So what)

Comment

I expected Huddersfield-Derby to be a better match than this

Comment

Why? They're both adjusting to new managers, Derby also have a lot of inexperienced players, and financial problems hovering in the background. Huddersfield, OTOH have to make the always difficult transition to a style of play a league lower.

Comment

Likely because I don't pay much attention to the Championship . . .

The Washington Post has a rumour that Rooney will be coming back to join Derby as player-manager.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X