• Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      So who are we looking out for tonight?
      Ah, Bury.

Comment

(SPOILER)

Superb - you answered the question on the Cumberland Pencil Museum.

Comment

Finishing with a hattrick is impressive.

Comment

Good effort Giggler.

Comment

Cheers Foxy.

Comment

Great effort and tough choice at the end. I called my daughter down to watch it with me and we cheered from the couch when you went for the aforementioned Cumberland Pencil Museum answer.

Comment

Tony was saying to me it was Ulverston but I was certain it was Keswick. TBH I was desperate to get one over that bloke we were playing against - he was the kind of person who makes a joke out of everything that's said to him, and at 4.30pm in Elstree Studios having been there since 7.45am, it was grating.
                  Last edited by Giggler; 07-02-2018, 22:40.

Comment

And for those who missed it, Giggler's triumph can be obtained for your leisurely pleasure at this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                      Tony was saying to me it was Ulverston but I was certain it was Keswick. TBH I was desperate to get one over that bloke we were playing against - he was the kind of person who makes a joke out of everything that's said to him, and at 4.30pm in Elstree Studios having been there since 7.45am, it was grating.
                      The guy who was fist bumping whenever he got a question right? Very annoying for the time he was on the show, 8 hours of that would have been too much.

Difficult choice in the final round but what can you do. Well played and hope you had a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                        Tony was saying to me it was Ulverston but I was certain it was Keswick.
                        Tch, Ulverston isn't even in Cumberland.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                          Tch, Ulverston isn't even in Cumberland.
                          I actually got a tweet from an account about Lancashire last night, telling me how pleased theyw ere I said "I'm from Bury in Lancashire" rather than Greater Manchester.

Comment

Well done James. The Borders round would have sent me into a blind panic. I told my wife I would have said Germany as a banker safe answer even though it would be high scoring and then it turned out it was only 21 or something like that.

The burning question that Mrs W wants answered though is why didn't you swop places at the half way stage in rounds one and two?

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                              Well done James. The Borders round would have sent me into a blind panic. I told my wife I would have said Germany as a banker safe answer even though it would be high scoring and then it turned out it was only 21 or something like that.
                              I was quite happy with that question and had already shouted 'Laos' before James's mate said it. I wasn't that surprised at the low score for Germany, people in this country can be quite ignorant of actual geography. One of my mates, who is quite intelligent otherwise, thought I was joking when I reported back from a family holiday to Denmark and mentioned that we'd 'driven over the border into Germany' one day. Plus the number of people who I work with who, when I've done trips to Eastern Europe, have said things like 'I don't understand why you'd go somewhere cold for your summer holiday'. Or someone who I worked with in Scotland who was convinced there is a BBC Ireland, like there is a BBC Scotland, BBC Wales and BBC Northern Ireland, and that the Republic is part of the UK.

Comment

As you saw, the borders round sent me into a blind panic too.

We didn't swap places because Tony is partially sighted and there were enough hazards on the studio floor for it to be an issue, so we just asked if we could stay stock still. I had to guide him up to the screen for the head-to-head, but I knew the Others because there's a child actor in it who shares my name and I'm periodically asked on Twitter if I'm him.

Comment

I think your mate Tony is one of my all-time favourite Pointless contestants. I was laughing out loud a few times at his quips. I'd have wanted you to win.

The first round, with the world records, was a strange one. I couldn't get to the cricketer with the 10,000 runs and didn't know many of the others either, but I'd have scored 1 and 2 points in each pass (basketball and female football payer). Borders would have been OK for me.

Head-to-head: I'd have lost the movie question (my answer was Nosferatu), won the punchline point, and lost to the pencil museum (my answer was the Rowan Atkinson one).

I'd love to know what questions "Sporting Queens" would reveal. Winners of the Queens grass court championships (Boris Becker in '85, obviously)? Queens Park Rangers players who have represented England?

Comment

Cheers G-Man, he's a cracking bloke.

Comment

Belated applause, Giggler- you and your pal were great. I took up your dislike of the Bournemouth tutor fella and watched their next attempt only to find I wanted them to win as the two bankers they were up against were more unlike able still

Comment

Cheers FIGS. The shorter of the two lads last night 'Liked' my picture of the trophy on Twitter so I felt duty-bound to cheer them on last night.

Comment

I think he redeemed himself a bit in the final as well. No one who loves "Pet Sounds" that much can be all bad.

Comment

Naturally I got Let's Go Away For Awhile in that category. Tony is a stand-up comedian in his spare time too and he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of comedy, so I reckon we could have done well in Political Comedy On Screen.

OH WELL.

Comment

After last week's excitement, imagine my surprise when news broke at work today that someone we deal with was on tonight's episode. Him and his wife won the jackpot, her standing aside to let him have a crack at players in the Wales, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland Euro 2016 squads. I had the pleasure of naming a pointless answer (James Chester) being an ex Carlisle player and then the shame of missing another pointless answer (Kieren Westwood) who was a more obvious ex Carlisle player.

Comment

I got Owain Fon Williams as a pointless answer but also guessed Jazz Richards and David Vaughan - surprised they scored while Chester didn't.

Comment

I believe yesterday's Pointless was the last one before those annoyingly long breaks...

I wonder what'll happen if and when either of Armstrong or Osman as had enough of saying the same things over and over again. Would Pointless still be the same without them? Or is the real star the contestants and the questions (which, at least on Celebrity Pointless, now have an OTF contribution)?

Comment

Chemical elements rounds have become a tired old cliché.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X