X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha! touche, with an accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
      A few weeks back I went to a recording of Pointless Celebrities to be shown on BBC Music Day in September. There were three BBC6 presenters, one paired with Clara Amfo, two with singers I'd never heard of. One of those, Amy MacDonald, was inspired to become a singer-songwriter after seeing Travis perform Turn at a festival, so hopefully I'll remain blissfully ignorant of her work. The fourth team was a Radio 3 presenter paired with Lesley Garrett, who was lovely.

No spoilers but we had a round on the Tony awards, then national symbols, a music round about recognising the lesser known originals of songs made famous by someone else, organs of the human body and films set in India.
      This airs tomorrow, apparently. Happy Music Day everyone!

Comment

Lesser known originals of songs made famous by someone else... Oh, I'd fancy my chances.

Comment

It was two years ago yesterday that I recorded mine. Still gutted we didn’t get ‘Players who played in the 1981 FA Cup final’in the final round.

“Well Xander, I think Nicky Reid has the best chance of being a pointless answer and I’d like him to win us the money because he went on to win a Second Division championship medal with my lot.”

Comment

One for the American posters who might not have seen it but a question yesterday was place names in NFL and MLB teams.

There were plenty of low scores (1, 2, 3 points and, in fact, the losing team went out with a score of six) but only one that was pointless. I was quite surprised - any guesses to who it was?

Edit. I can't seem to do a spoiler alert so I'll come back with the answer later
            Last edited by Greenlander; 10-10-2018, 11:27.

Comment

I'd guess a place that isn't really famous for anything. Like the Indianapolis Colts. Or the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Right idea, but neither of them. I'd have guessed Milwaukee too.

Comment

Another who was going with Milwaukee here. And also surprised at the only pointless answer.

Comment

Houston whatever they are this year.

Comment

One of the new franchises maybe... Texans?

Comment

Does the place need to have both a NFL and MLB franchise? Because Milwaukee only has a baseball (and basketball) team, although the Green Bay Packers have played some games there over their history.

The current Houston NFL franchise is the Texans (the Houston Oilers are now the Tennesee Titans).

Comment

No, it can have both or just the one.

Tennesee and Houston although named as low scorers are incorrect.

Comment

Tampa Bay or Toronto?

Comment

Jacksonville?

Comment

Would have been my first guess absent their recent appearances in London. Carolina (Charlotte) should be another contender.

Comment

All low scorers, all wrong.

Comment

Does it have to be a city? Like can it be New England (Patriots) or California (Angels)?

Comment

[must read the thread before posting]
                                      Last edited by Wouter D; 10-10-2018, 14:13.

Comment

No, it can be a city or a state. I'm not sure where New England stands, but for example, Tennesee (Titans) is a correct answer, Nashville where they play is 100.

Comment

Must admit that I still don't get how the scoring works, not that it really matters for this one.

Comment

Buffalo
                                            Cincinatti
                                            Oakland

I will stop now before I just rattle off every one I can think of

(UA: The idea is that the general public is asked to name ones that they can think of. If nobody thinks of a name but it is correct then it is a "pointless" answer which is a winning result. If the contestant on the show names something which is in fact a wrong answer they get 100 points for it)

Comment

Ta

Comment

Arizona

Comment

Colorado maybe?

Comment

It's not Los Angeles, is it? I know there's both NFL and MLB teams there, but I'd struggle to name either. (My brain invariably gets sidetracked by 'Lakers', which is a different sport again. And, of course, a name that makes no sense in the context of LA, but that's another subject entirely.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X