Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    The line against Khan is that he's too much time "posturing" (ie expressing dislike of racism) and not enough sorting out knife crime.

Whereas writing books and newspaper columns while mayor, that was fine.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Johnson has called Sadiq Khan a 'popinjay' for his less than servile attitude to Trump. Dog-whistle?

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Toby Young‏Verified account
    @toadmeister
    Follow Follow @toadmeister
    More
    I’ve posted a rebuttal of the ‘eugenicist’ and ‘neo-Nazi’ smears on my Facebook page. Please RT so these grotesque, despicable lies are exposed for what they are
    No word on suing Private Eye yet.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    If you ever get to bowl at this bloke, don't try and bounce him out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franci...Baron_Stafford

Because of the school I went to, I got invited a couple of times to play for Gloucestershire Gypsies, a posh "wandering eleven". Left hander, absolutely murdered my bowling. I should have realized what was going to happen when he edged one past slip in my first over, and the slip came up and gave me the most overwhelming apology anybody's ever given me for anything.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    He'd certainly fancy himself as the Captain, even though there are already a captain and vice captain, so he'd wander around the field ordering people around, telling leg slip to move to second slip and stand 3 yards further back and then tell the bowler to bowl leg side, and a bit slower. And then the actual captain would have to move everyone back.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    There's a "Chinamen" joke in there somewhere too.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Beast
    replied
    He'd bat wearing a stupid stripy public school cap which the fast bowler me in my twenties would knock off his fucking head along with his teeth.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    "Not playing captain" more like, while playing.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    He'd bowl beamers surely. Medium pace (he'd think they were fast). If anyone complained about his approach he'd go on about political correctness.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Getting angry at Toby Young's imaginary cricketing failings is a fantastically cathartic use of my emotional energy, I must admit

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Ha ha. Bet he thinks he can bowl leg-spin too, though in reality it would fly out of the back of his hand down towards the man at long leg. Cunt.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    He'd fancy himself as some olde worlde amateur. Or shamateur, with the Test and County Cricket Board paying his "expenses".

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Young would be a horrific spiller of catching chances I reckon (while arguing that he should field at first slip), so not sure he'd get on the fines committee in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Excellent cricketing metaphor as per, Tubbs.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    You'd be lucky to survive on a cricket team's fines committee if you did half what Young did.

I'll believe he's going from the godawful New Schools Network when I see it. I'm sure Young knows a lot of the shit that's gone down.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Polly Toynbee‘s on his case

She points out that the “Chair of Young’s NSN is David Ross, who resigned from chairing Ofsted after calling the Isle of Wight “a ghetto: there has been inbreeding”. ”

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Why should he be safe at the New Schools Network? The Fulbright dumped him before the end of yesterday. It's clearly untenable for the head of a publicaly funded set of schools to have attended two conferences on Eugenics particularly with such unsavoury company.

The only thing protecting him is the fact that he has a lot of friends in the media. Keep pushing.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    When does he get kicked out by the Barclay Brothers?

Assuming he's safe at the New Schools Network, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• ooh aah
    replied
    I'm sure the Daily Mail, Express et al could get on board with most of that, but the 'frank discussion of paedophilia related issues' perhaps less so.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Hanging out with racist Eugenicists. Maybe Boris is more like Winston Churchill than I first thought.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The full piece (via Twitter) is jaw dropping

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    It has become apparent why Toby Young, (who was proposed by one Johnson brother Jo and backed by the other, Boris,- who also employed him at the spectator and has moved in the same charmed post Oxford circles) resigned. London Student and Private Eye were both about to publish the scoop that Young
    r Young was invited by psychologist James Thompson to attend a secretive conference at UCL called the London Conference on Intelligence”.

Tobes himself recalled “Attendees were only told the venue at the last minute … and asked not to share the information”. The reasons can be found in an article at London Student, which tells “A eugenics conference held annually at University College London by an honorary professor, the London Conference on Intelligence, is dominated by a secretive group of white supremacists with neo-Nazi links”. Oh dear, Tobes!

It gets worse. “A central figure in the London Conference on Intelligence (LCI) is the white nationalist, extremist Richard Lynn, who has called for the ‘phasing out’ of the ‘populations of incompetent cultures’”. And worse. “Lynn … is President of the Ulster Institute for Social Research (UISR) … The UISR is bankrolled by Lynn and Meisenberg’s Pioneer Fund, a Southern Poverty Law Centre-listed hate group founded by Nazi sympathisers with the purpose of promoting ‘racial betterment’”.
    Young has just resigned from The Fulbright Commission. I'll be very surprised if he can stay on at his School. Good riddance

Leave a comment:

• Tactical Genius
    replied
    Does anyone on this board actually think foreign aid (as it is distributed) has a positive impact on the third world.

Leave a comment:

• Tubby Isaacs
    replied
    Thanks, it would.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X