• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Boris dePfeffel Johnson

Cunt.

That is all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42528712

Look, I can't see any flaw in a plan which will shift money from alleviating problems in other countries to creatingsolving them...

Comment

Literally imperialism. Presumably designed to throw red meat to the Conservative backbenchers and base, with May rumoured to be about to demote him.

Comment

Is this not following the lead of Trump, rampant popularism which can easily be legally challenged and overruled making the UK justice system seem to be the problem. Very clever and dangerous at the same time, I'm sure my dad and other Daily Mail readers are loving it.

Comment

I stuck this in the Brexit thread but it probably deserves a thread of its own. Anything that pleases Peter Bone can safely be filed under, "Century, Order of the Highest".

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
            I stuck this in the Brexit thread but it probably deserves a thread of its own. Anything that pleases Peter Bone can safely be filed under, "Century, Order of the Highest".
            I think you've confused Peter Bone with Brian Lara

Comment

Oh look, yet another way Boris has fucked over London with one of his pet projects.

Comment

Hurrah for autochanger!

Comment

Don't build up our hopes with promising thread titles.

Comment

Boris Johnson‏Verified account
                    @BorisJohnson
                    Follow Follow @BorisJohnson
                    Ridiculous outcry over Toby Young. He will bring independence, rigour and caustic wit. Ideal man for job
                    Really? Bloke with no experience of higher education who misled the DfE about his qualifications is "ideal" because he'll make some unpleasant jokes.

Comment

kath

@KathyBurke

He's a cunt and so are you

Comment

Got a decent-looking book at Christmas about Johnson's architectural lunacies while in charge of London, by Douglas Murphy. Might interest Tubbs.

Comment

Thanks, it would.

Comment

Does anyone on this board actually think foreign aid (as it is distributed) has a positive impact on the third world.

Comment

It has become apparent why Toby Young, (who was proposed by one Johnson brother Jo and backed by the other, Boris,- who also employed him at the spectator and has moved in the same charmed post Oxford circles) resigned. London Student and Private Eye were both about to publish the scoop that Young
                              r Young was invited by psychologist James Thompson to attend a secretive conference at UCL called the London Conference on Intelligence”.

Tobes himself recalled “Attendees were only told the venue at the last minute … and asked not to share the information”. The reasons can be found in an article at London Student, which tells “A eugenics conference held annually at University College London by an honorary professor, the London Conference on Intelligence, is dominated by a secretive group of white supremacists with neo-Nazi links”. Oh dear, Tobes!

It gets worse. “A central figure in the London Conference on Intelligence (LCI) is the white nationalist, extremist Richard Lynn, who has called for the ‘phasing out’ of the ‘populations of incompetent cultures’”. And worse. “Lynn … is President of the Ulster Institute for Social Research (UISR) … The UISR is bankrolled by Lynn and Meisenberg’s Pioneer Fund, a Southern Poverty Law Centre-listed hate group founded by Nazi sympathisers with the purpose of promoting ‘racial betterment’”.
                              Young has just resigned from The Fulbright Commission. I'll be very surprised if he can stay on at his School. Good riddance

Comment

The full piece (via Twitter) is jaw dropping

Comment

Hanging out with racist Eugenicists. Maybe Boris is more like Winston Churchill than I first thought.

Comment

I'm sure the Daily Mail, Express et al could get on board with most of that, but the 'frank discussion of paedophilia related issues' perhaps less so.

Comment

When does he get kicked out by the Barclay Brothers?

Assuming he's safe at the New Schools Network, sadly.

Comment

Why should he be safe at the New Schools Network? The Fulbright dumped him before the end of yesterday. It's clearly untenable for the head of a publicaly funded set of schools to have attended two conferences on Eugenics particularly with such unsavoury company.

The only thing protecting him is the fact that he has a lot of friends in the media. Keep pushing.

Comment

Polly Toynbee‘s on his case

She points out that the “Chair of Young’s NSN is David Ross, who resigned from chairing Ofsted after calling the Isle of Wight “a ghetto: there has been inbreeding”. ”

Comment

You'd be lucky to survive on a cricket team's fines committee if you did half what Young did.

I'll believe he's going from the godawful New Schools Network when I see it. I'm sure Young knows a lot of the shit that's gone down.

Comment

Excellent cricketing metaphor as per, Tubbs.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Young would be a horrific spiller of catching chances I reckon (while arguing that he should field at first slip), so not sure he'd get on the fines committee in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X