Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

The other issue is what is america's four years away from being the global hegemon, is going to leave a very different world by the time it ends (if it does indeed end) I mean Canada for Christ sake is turning it's face away and towards europe and Asia. Whatever the next president wants to do with Europe, he will come back to face a very different EU, that has been forced to get its act together. If the US isn't going to help keep putin in line, then The EU is going to have to do it.

And how are china going to be put back in their box?

Comment

Trump's Card

For anyone wondering how Trumpcare is doing in the Senate

Comment

Trump's Card

If Jeff sessions gets fired/resigns, is that him done with politics? Is he out of the senate and everything else?

Comment

Trump's Card

I'm slightly concerned that getting Canada and Germany to spend more on defense would be presented as a win by Trump - getting them to pay their "fair share" of NATO costs, etc, rather than a demonstration that nobody trusts him or the US any more.

Comment

Trump's Card

Because Alabama, the special election for Session's Senate seat isn't until December (it is currently filled by a gubernatorial appointee).

I'm not completely sure, but would think that he is not barred by law from running again.

Comment

Trump's Card

Oh, that's interesting. So it might be better for him to quit in the next 2 or 3 months and run to replace himself, than to wait until after the 2017 republican senate primary and lose his position permanently?

Comment

Trump's Card

Yes, and Sessions is smart enough to have thought that through.

Though I think the primary reason for the resignation offer is to distance himself from 45, as 45's main beef with the Evil Elf appears to be that Sessions wasn't sufficiently committed to obstructing justice.

Comment

Trump's Card

San Bernardhinault wrote: I'm slightly concerned that getting Canada and Germany to spend more on defense would be presented as a win by Trump - getting them to pay their "fair share" of NATO costs, etc, rather than a demonstration that nobody trusts him or the US any more.
                  I'm certain Fox, Breitbart et al will spin it that way. But they'd argue the earth is flat if it suited their agenda. That's kinda of the point of Canada's position, you can't govern based on one man's fantasies of how the world should work, however nominally powerful he may be. You have to deal with reality, not waste time catering to the delusional whims of a seventy-year-old child.

Comment

Trump's Card

So what did nigel Farage's aide give the feds to get such a sweet plea bargain?

Comment

Trump's Card

Really good question, innit?

Can't wait to find out.

Comment

Trump's Card

I must admit this has brightened my day considerably.

Hmm, Fifty hard boiled eggs, Mirrored sunglasses, eh, Marvellous.

Comment

Trump's Card

I'm afraid that it would be federal prison, but heart-warming nonetheless.

Comment

Trump's Card

"Nigel they're sending you to Angola"
                            "I thought this was a federal case."
                            "No you misunderstand, You're going to a secret black site in Africa. 28 separate countries have called in a favour to make this happen."

Comment

Trump's Card

Also Kansas has decided not to deliberately bankrupt itself after all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/07/kansas-tax-cuts-sam-brownback-trump-plan

Comment

Trump's Card

So the huge arms deal with saudi Arabia is a collection of letters of interest and what nots from the obama era, and er, no actual sales.

Comment

Trump's Card

This seems as good a place as any to report that I am now a US citizen.
                                  Swore the oath this morning, after being treated to an a cappella rendition of the Constitution, amongst other things.
                                  Things went downhill after the ceremony, where a tragic sequence of events precipitated by my forgetting to bring a pen with me led to my Naturalization Certificate being doused in milk before I even made it home.

Comment

Trump's Card

Congratulations, I guess

Comment

Trump's Card

Congratulations S.Aureus. (I'll settle for the Green card).

I fully expect that America will come to it's senses soon, and you can be proud of your new home.

*I should point out, that you will have to change your name to S.Oreos.

Comment

Trump's Card

Congrats!

Comment

Trump's Card

Well done. And good luck Ger.

Comment

Trump's Card

What the others said. Good stuff.

Comment

Trump's Card

Years ago we had a thread about the annoying trend of reporting news as future: "Today the Minister will announce ... the club is expected to unveil X at a press conference ..." etc.

That's how the Comey thing feels, today. If he "only" says what has already been published in the transcripts, this will not be grand theatre after all. But if we hadn't already known, I'd now be hanging on every word. McCarthy would have survived if his hearings had been pre-analysed like this.

OK, I'm just posting this in the hope that I'm wrong and he now veers off-script and says "fuck Trump to fucksville" ...

Comment

Trump's Card

Comey hits the ground running with "defame" and "lies".

Comment

Trump's Card

Well done, me.

“The [White House] then chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI....

“Those were lies, plain and simple.”

Comment

Trump's Card

Yeah, that's a beauty. "I knew Trump was a liar", he doesn't quite say but clearly means.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X