Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1091036056902758400

If destroying democracy fails, his fall back plan for staying out of jail seems to be a Dementia claim. (ABC don't mention that the people carrying out the attack were shouting "MAGA Country".) He goes on for nearly 2 minutes, beyond the end of this video.

Comment

Amor, this is a decent explainer on White Evangelical support for 45

Comment

Waiting for the early matches, I tuned into "Tucker talks to Stone", and they were bollocking on, and then it let slip, the whole point: he has a "fund me" website.

I wonder, how does Mr Carlson keep that 'oh-so inquisitive' look on his face? He rocks from side to side, literally, and shakes his head. Dreadful.

Oh and Ralph Northam not resigning for being an absolute racist cunt. Shock, Horror! And people wonder why Virginia (in any form) is not known for it's wonderful scenery, but more for it's inbred fortitude in being absolute cunts. (Massive generalisation, feel free to jump in and denounce my rant.)

Oh, and the commercials on F*x at this time of the morning? Oh god, oh god, oh god... there's a local... shit, they are all local.

Well, that stops me needing to find out where the racist evangelicals are.

Comment

I wonder if 45 reaches a point in the day where he just runs out of gas? Just after breakfast.

Comment

Satch, I think you may have inadvertently come across a seam of unmined comedy! Trump, fart, gas! Quids in.

Comment

A lackey follows him around in case he follows through.

Comment

The FCC's efforts to end Net Neutrality seem to be struggling a bit.

Comment

Paula Green, the main person referenced here was my professor in a conflict transformation class I took as part of my MA, and my ex's boss for some years .

It's an interesting piece about othering which I suspect would be applicable to the UK too

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/04/u...ebuilders.html

Comment

I would be interested in hearing more about how she deals with people who live in filter bubbles and refuse to acknowledge facts that don’t fit their viewpoints.

In other news

[URL]https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/status/1092627434053222400?s=21[/URL]

https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/st...053222400?s=21

Comment

Think it will be based on starting with listening. There's a slightly longer piece here (written in very local newspaper style) https://www.amherstbulletin.com/COSA-breakfast-20286578

Comment

Ta. Both sides seem open to hearing about the others’ experiences, which definitely isn’t the case in all instances.

I would have expected a bit more background knowledge on Kentucky from the Leverett folks, though perhaps that isn’t fair.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sandibachom/status/1092893034969264135

Comment

'Video' didn't add much to the effect, but damn that's both simple and clever.

Comment

I love all the stand up - sit down nonsense of the State of the Union. Republicans up for every comma, Dems hesitate, some up, some down, patriotically confused as ever.

Comment

Trump won WW2, apparently.

Soaring rhetoric to end, from sea to shining sea. Only undermined by tweet to whining tweet.

Comment

Phew, that's a relief. Even if he wasn't born until a year after it ended. He wasn't even conceived...

Comment

God, that was excruciating. I'm not sure why I watched it all, tbh.

Comment

I think the reason I watched it is to wait for those inevitable moments when he goes off script, and reveals so much more. Like when the audience spontaneously sang Happy Birthday to the Holocaust survivor, and Trump's response was to say "They wouldn't do it for me". Yes, even then it had to be about him. Or when the Democrat women stood up and celebrated their growing representation and he said "Don't sit down yet". He just can't help himself, and it's car-crash fascinating to watch a human being so utterly incapable of even *faking* awareness and personal growth.

Comment

Tried to watch the Stacy Abrams response and gave up after about 20 seconds.

One thing I like about Bernie is he doesn't talk about his parents and his upbringing and his family values and all that bolloxology. It's straight to the facts with Bernie.
                                          Last edited by anton pulisov; 06-02-2019, 10:00.

Comment

Yeah, no. Bernie can fuck off.

(One of these days, I'm going to read up on the people I make pronouncements about. Except 45. He can dissipate, whensoever.)

Comment

I'm fed up of the soft-focus storytelling politics. This kind of stuff: My father/mother was a nurse/fireman/millworker and we got by thanks to our family/community bonds... I fought with the fine men and women in the army and learned about service and sacrifice... I grew up in Hawaii with a funny sounding Kenyan name... I learned the values of the American way bla bla. Does my head in. That shit isn't going to put food on people's tables or pay for insulin injections.

You never hear Bernie going on about how he grew up in the Bronx. He rarely even mentions that he was in the Civil Rights movement.

He just dives straight into facts about inequality. Every time. This is how you get shit done in politics, you go straight after the issues.

Comment

If Bernie and Royston were both drowning, which one would you choose?

Comment

If the response to the SOTU is not going to reference one thing in the SOTU, why does it even exist? And if it's not going to reference anything in the SOTU, why not just pre-record it so it doesn't look like you're greenscreened and like the crowd behind you are restless and bored?

I didn't think Abrams was partcicularly bad, but I began to tune her out within a couple of minutes because she had teleprompter cadence. Not as badly as I tuned out Trump, who bored me so quickly that I went back to my office to do some more work.

Comment

It's a remnant of the Fairness Doctrine and the DC media's continued fervent belief in both sidesism.

It is quite revealing that those of you who paid any attention whatsoever are ineligible to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X