Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

Mike Huckerbee must be really proud of his daughter becoming an alternative face to Kelly-Anne Conway.

Comment

Trump's Card

Conway was back this morning suggesting that 45 believes Breitbart over Comey when it comes to the "wiretapping"

Muuk, yes, the minority has a role in any Congressional investigation, and yes, Comey is collateral damage here in their attempt to support their boss' fever dreams.

Comment

Trump's Card

Over here, there'd be an Urgent Question to Jeffrey. How does it work over there?

Comment

Trump's Card

It doesn't

Comment

Trump's Card

He doesn't have to respond till he feels like it?

Comment

Trump's Card

No, because the Republicans control both Houses of Congress, as well as the Executive Branch.

Comment

Trump's Card

I'm thinking that that's dangerous collateral to go around collecting, bearing in mind that the feds have a tendency of knowing where your baggage is.

Comment

Trump's Card

Recklessness is one of this administration's most consistent qualities

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: No, because the Republicans control both Houses of Congress, as well as the Executive Branch.
                    I get that. There's no mechanism for a minority to call him in for questions at all? I think any MP can request an Urgent Question. Bercow's been good at granting them too.

Comment

Trump's Card

It's not a Parliamentary system, Tubbs

Comment

Trump's Card

This schtick he's got where's he's filmed signing his executive orders and gets applauded by his staff?

That's a new thing, that he's brought in, isn't it?

Comment

Trump's Card

Signing ceremonies for significant pieces of actual legislation have been a tradition for decades, with the President usually accompanied by the Congressional sponsors of the bill and perhaps some non-politician advocates for the cause.

But yes, this nonsense is new.

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: It's not a Parliamentary system, Tubbs
                            No, and the framers didn't really think through the possibility of partisanship.

It's not a good system.

Comment

Trump's Card

So there's no way for the elected politicians to keep the heat on, and the media has to do it. And Trump then says "fuck the media". Is that how it goes?

David Frum was impressed by Lindsey Graham the other day. Can I rely on him to do anything?

Comment

Trump's Card

Somewhat interestingly, Trump didn't do the adoring staff thing for the re-boot of the Immigration Executive Order.

The White House just released a still of him signing it.

Comment

Trump's Card

Is the text available?

Comment

Trump's Card

Linked within this WaPo report.

The new guidelines name six of the seven countries included in the first executive order but leave out Iraq. That nation will increase cooperation with the United States on additional security vetting under separate negotiations and its citizens are not subject to the new order, according to a fact sheet provided by the administration.

A Department of Homeland official, speaking on the condition of anonymity on a call with reporters, said Iraq was “treated differently” in part because the country had agreed to “timely repatriation” of their citizens if they were ordered deported from the United States.

The new order provides other exceptions not contained explicitly in previous versions: for travelers from those countries who are legal permanent residents of the United States, dual nationals who use a passport from another country and those who have been granted asylum or refu­gee status. Anyone who holds a visa now should be able to get into the country without any problems, though those whose visas expire will have to reapply, officials said.
                                    They are still going to struggle to shed all of the Administration's prior statements about a Muslim ban.

Comment

Trump's Card

Especially in light of the DHS report explaining there's no security justification for this list of countries, I don't see how this really improves upon the old order.

There's also rumblings that the EU might start requiring Americans to have Visas to visit. What a pain in the ass.

I've never had to get a visa. Is it hard?

Comment

Trump's Card

Depends on the country, but I wouldn't expect ant EU requirement to be particularly burdensome

Comment

Trump's Card

Unless they deliberately try to make it awkward in response to Trump.

The new travel ban seems much more likely to pass legal muster, at least absent the prior statements about a Muslim ban. Halting all refugee applications regardless of source is a particularly dick move, though.

Comment

Trump's Card

Hot Pepsi wrote: Especially in light of the DHS report explaining there's no security justification for this list of countries, I don't see how this really improves upon the old order.

There's also rumblings that the EU might start requiring Americans to have Visas to visit. What a pain in the ass.

I've never had to get a visa. Is it hard?
                                            I think the EU wants to introduce a system where you have to pay a small fee online and register your details in advance of travelling. They were talking about it before Trump was elected. So it's not a visa at all, just advance notification that you're coming.

The US has had a similar system for a while now, called ESTA. EU citizens can't board a flight to the US unless their details are registered in the system.

Comment

Trump's Card

So it has taken a month and they have basically added a really simple clause to say "doesn't apply if, you know, you have established rights to enter the Country".

It is laughably shite.

Comment

Trump's Card

antoine polus wrote:
                                                I think the EU wants to introduce a system where you have to pay a small fee online and register your details in advance of travelling. They were talking about it before Trump was elected. So it's not a visa at all, just advance notification that you're coming.

The US has had a similar system for a while now, called ESTA. EU citizens can't board a flight to the US unless their details are registered in the system.
                                                No, it's actually a visa. The EU Parliament voted for it last week - can't find the link right now.

Basically it is a retaliatory move after the US refused to extend their visa waiver program to certain EU countries - Bulgaria, Romania and a few others I think. So if some EU citizens have to have a visa to go to the US, then US citizens have to have a visa to come here.

It hasn't been adopted yet, but having passed Parliament it will go to the Commission to decide to implement.

Comment

Trump's Card

Snake Plissken wrote:
                                                  Originally posted by antoine polus

No, it's actually a visa. The EU Parliament voted for it last week - can't find the link right now.

Basically it is a retaliatory move after the US refused to extend their visa waiver program to certain EU countries - Bulgaria, Romania and a few others I think. So if some EU citizens have to have a visa to go to the US, then US citizens have to have a visa to come here.

It hasn't been adopted yet, but having passed Parliament it will go to the Commission to decide to implement.
                                                  What god have I recently angered and can I repent?

Christ.

Comment

Trump's Card

I just read that it has to be approved by the EU member states. I honestly can't see the member states that benefit from tourism approving visas for US citizens.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X