• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Bored of Education wrote:
    Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
    Originally posted by Bored of Education
    Has anyone got the answer to what the whipping situation was for the Tories and Labour in 2013 and 2003? I can't seem to find it.
    Normal whip on each side in 2013.
    Not 3 line, you mean?
    I meant 3 line, but I might well be wrong.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Luke R wrote:
      Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
      Originally posted by Luke R
      Two Tories in that four by the looks of it. What price a Cameron loss?
      Probably the two Tories are John Baron and Adam Holloway. Bo h against in 2013. Both ex-army I think.
      http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/foreign-affairs/Formal-Minutes-2015-16.pdf

Baron yes, Holloway no. Andrew Rosindell is the other Tory, page 13 on that link there.
      Cheers.

Baron has an article in the Guardian. He basically calls Cameron an emotional know-nothing.

To his credit, Baron (like Corbyn) voted against Libya too.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

The Tories are being cunts during Corbyn's speech right now (streamed on Grauniad page), interrupting continuously, far ruder than the Labour benches were during Cameron's evasive waffle.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Anything in this?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/jeremy-corbyn-supporters-vote-durham-10478898

Momentum supposedly flexing muscles in Pat Glass' constituency party. She is the most knowledgeable MP about Education policy in the whole Commons, so hope she's not under pressure.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

They turned up "en masse". There were 70 people in total at the meeting. And let's be honest, Momentum isn't really a thing yet, is it? (We have a local Momentum group. It's had one meeting.) It's been going two months, it's slowly getting off the ground. Hardly enough time to have anything organised, to be honest. Any group of leftists who get elected into any position anywhere will have the Momentum name attached to the, and will obviously have muscled their way in, and ousted the present incumbents.

Amazing how much bad publicity "Momentum" gets compared to the total silence Progress gets, isn't it?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It is.

I'm just concerned because of the "target". It's probably a moribund local party, but it's got a very good MP. It's not like she's John Woodcock or such like. There's a certain "all of you look the same to me" about the Cyberleft.

Might be something about nothing.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn's been fucking brilliant all week. He's the only one patiently and repeatedly pointing out that air strikes would kill people for no reason at all. That vicious fuck Cooper supports them, I see.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

My Twitter timeline is full of "the speech of his life" bollocks about Hilary Benn.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

There seems to be an orchestrated smear campaign to describe anything involving Momentum, or left-leaning CLP members, as an intimidation campaign. An increasing stream of inaccurate stories are now being published about my own constituency, which the MP knows to be either untrue or partially true and could say so if she so desired. But she doesn't. Some of the most staggering passive-aggressive behaviour I've ever encountered from any person.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Creasy voted for, I see.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

397-223 in favour of bombing. In Labour's ranks, 67-152.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Creasy was always going to vote in favour. She made a big show of a public consultation, while rebutting constituents' emails with a load of counter-questions that made it pretty obvious she was in favour. Expect another tidal wave of pity-poor-me-ism as people call her out for it.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

397 imperialist murderers.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Fucking idiots. Even if you didn't give a shit about the deaths of Syrian civilians, how could anyone possibly think that this will make the UK in any way safer? Magical thinking at its finest.

Is there anywhere I can see which Labour MPs voted for the strikes?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

67 apparently.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

According to Kevin Maguire, 30% of Labour MPs voted against their leader, against 36% (of a much larger contingent, admittedly) who voted against Blair on Iraq

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Rebelling on a free vote...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

delicatemoth wrote: Corbyn's been fucking brilliant all week. He's the only one patiently and repeatedly pointing out that air strikes would kill people for no reason at all. That vicious fuck Cooper supports them, I see.
                                      I saw Cooper's speech and it was another in a long line of "we have to be seen to be doing something" apologetics. I don't think any of the "pro" speeches (Con or Lab) have dealt with the underlying strategy (ends and means) at all; it's all about the moral worthiness of the gesture, "sending a message".

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Fussbudget wrote: Is there anywhere I can see which Labour MPs voted for the strikes?
                                        They are on the other thread.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

E10 Rifle wrote: Creasy was always going to vote in favour. She made a big show of a public consultation, while rebutting constituents' emails with a load of counter-questions that made it pretty obvious she was in favour. Expect another tidal wave of pity-poor-me-ism as people call her out for it.
                                          She's having a public meeting where people can hold her to account on Sunday. Given your comments in the past on how much she dislikes being held to account, this has all the hallmarks of a setup, to be honest.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I wonder if she'll mention the braying of Tory MPs while Corbyn spoke, or the "terrorist sympathisers" insult that Cameron refused to apologise for as part of the bullying?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

She's allowed lies to be spread about demos, about other people's behaviour, which she knows to be untrue and could correct if asked. Instead, we get "her office was unavailable for comment" when journalists ask for formal comment. Cynical and manipulative. I hope the scales have fallen from people's eyes about her saintly reputation now

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What's Corbyn's next move? He seems to be boxed in by half his Cabinet being treacherous

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Good post E10, very good.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I've heard a lot of politicians using the word "evil" to describe ISIS. ISIS does carry out a lot of acts which I would personally describe as "evil".

However, I expect members of government declaring war to speak exclusively in terms of the rule of law, and not to use moralistic jingoism.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X