Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Yes doubtful. I'm still hoping that war.. things, Chilcot still looming and that, might nudge a few consciences.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

As far as allies of Corbyn's in strange places goes, David Davies was on Radio 4 this morning and, as an ex-SAS man, spoke a lot of sense about the bombing and why he is against it. Of course, his perspective is from the "there should be boots on the ground" perspective along with a lot of ex-Army types and Livingstone. However, he backed Corbyn up for his conviction.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Ex-squaddie Clive Lewis was on Newsnight last night but he needs to be dragged out a lot more on this issue.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Has anyone got the answer to what the whipping situation was for the Tories and Labour in 2013 and 2003? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn getting briefed by the appalling Patrick Cockburn tonight, appaz.

[Edit] - It's worse than that:

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lib Dems in favour.

Don't think all will be though. Mark Williams will probably abstain like last time.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I thought Farron was against. Not that he's known for his consistency. LIB DEMS AT WAR AS FARRON LOSES CONTROL OF HIS PARLIAMENTARY PARTY

Comment

Corb Blimey!

TT, why do you think Cockburn is so appalling? I've no opinion one way or the other - I've read and appreciated some his writing over the years, but never thought too much about it - so am curious as to what raises your ire.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Classy Cameron tells his MPs not to vote with "terrorist sympathisers". Promptly leaked to the media by " senior MP" whose initials might be David Davis.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

johnr: His support for Assad, his calls for the US/UK to ally with Assad against the Syrian rebels, whom he smears as 'al-Qaeda'.

Why isn't Corbyn listening to and promoting Syrian opposition voices?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Bored of Education wrote: As far as allies of Corbyn's in strange places goes, David Davies was on Radio 4 this morning and, as an ex-SAS man, spoke a lot of sense about the bombing and why he is against it. Of course, his perspective is from the "there should be boots on the ground" perspective along with a lot of ex-Army types and Livingstone. However, he backed Corbyn up for his conviction.
                        David Davis.

David Davies MP is a Welsh Philip Davies. Though voted against in 2013, to be fair to him.

All clear, yeah?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Bored of Education wrote: Has anyone got the answer to what the whipping situation was for the Tories and Labour in 2013 and 2003? I can't seem to find it.
                          Normal whip on each side in 2013.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Luke R wrote: Two Tories in that four by the looks of it. What price a Cameron loss?
                            Probably the two Tories are John Baron and Adam Holloway. Bo h against in 2013. Both ex-army I think.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

TonTon wrote: johnr: His support for Assad, his calls for the US/UK to ally with Assad against the Syrian rebels, whom he smears as 'al-Qaeda'.

Why isn't Corbyn listening to and promoting Syrian opposition voices?
                              Ta; I'd read his stuff as a bit more complex than that - I thought that he was in fact more pro-rebel/anti-Assad a few years ago, but then started documenting what he felt were Islamist victories/infiltration into rebel areas - so will read him now with your take in mind.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I don't think it's a wise thing to do either. Getting any journalist in like this feels a bit unnecessary

Comment

Corb Blimey!

He's not bringing him in as a journalist, he's bringing him in as an "expert in ISIL". Horrible, truly horrible.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm guessing it won't be particularly well attended, or change many views anyway. A nice dolly for the "Corbyn humiliated" people.

I find it odd that he isn't doing what he uniquely can do, attract a crowd and speak to them. If he could do something cross party, all the better.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm not particularly bothered about that right now, tbh. It's Corbyn's promotion of this narrative that's the problem.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What's your approach to going on anti-war demos this time TT? I mean, obv I'm against this new war plan but have little enthusiasm for marching alongside StWC these days.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Heavyweight Nick Clegg says he's voting for because something must be done. "Action" preferable to "inaction".

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It will be extremely shameful if it's Labour MPs (plus Clegg) who get Cameron over the line. OTOH it was a Labour govt that took us into Iraq.

Would a defeat jeopardize Cameron's leadership, bringing forward his retirement (He's going before the next election anyway)?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

E10 Rifle wrote: What's your approach to going on anti-war demos this time TT? I mean, obv I'm against this new war plan but have little enthusiasm for marching alongside StWC these days.
                                              I'm in two minds. I'm against the bombing, of course - it's a hideous idea. But I'm not joining with Assadists - see my FB for an actual photo of an actual genuine clear open supporter of Assad of tonight's demo. Assad is the primary issue.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Luke R
                                                Two Tories in that four by the looks of it. What price a Cameron loss?
                                                Probably the two Tories are John Baron and Adam Holloway. Bo h against in 2013. Both ex-army I think.
                                                http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/foreign-affairs/Formal-Minutes-2015-16.pdf

Baron yes, Holloway no. Andrew Rosindell is the other Tory, page 13 on that link there.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                                  Originally posted by Bored of Education
                                                  Has anyone got the answer to what the whipping situation was for the Tories and Labour in 2013 and 2003? I can't seem to find it.
                                                  Normal whip on each side in 2013.
                                                  Not 3 line, you mean?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Satchmo Distel wrote: It will be extremely shameful if it's Labour MPs (plus Clegg) who get Cameron over the line.
                                                    The Labour votes don't count any more than Tory ones. I think your narrative lets Cameron off too much.

Like last time, if Cameron loses, it'll be someone else's fault

Comment

Working...
                                                    X