Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Phew, just in case anyone might have been fooled by the upbeat scenes in the hall, the BBC have got a relentlessly negative pundit in to explain why it was the worst speech in history. Who is Lance Price, who is filling the McTernan understudy role?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

JC being slated on Twitter, so he did something right?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Obviously we're all mad and on inferior pleb drugs for thinking that was a great and inspirational speech.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Did People's QE get mentioned?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

If it didn't, then that's a heck of a lot of money for investment to be found from somewhere.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Railways in "massive investment" latest.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Ooo, are we going to get the extension to Harrow And Wealdstone? I do hope so.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It sounds good. As did McDonnell yesterday v the SNP.
                  I knew he'd find a way to win you over.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I like him and Corbyn. I think they're over-promising though.

Lots of people reckon that they might do a few years of reinvigorating and step down- could work well. I'm a bit worried they might leave the successor having to do all the difficult work.

Cheap fares and high investment for rail is going to be hard to deliver.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Gangster Octopus wrote: Ooo, are we going to get the extension to Harrow And Wealdstone? I do hope so.
                      Aren't trains to Blackpool enough for you people?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What do you think of this, GO?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It's a great idea. And what I was talking about.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Ah, sorry, yes.

They're very nervous about Euston HS2, so it could happen for that reason alone. And it does seem a good idea in its own right- if you've got an expensive tunnel in the middle, you want to run as many trains full of people through it as possible.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

How long was the standing ovation at the end of IDS's last conference speech as leader? Eleven minutes, wasn't it? Poor show.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Seems a reasonable analysis

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Incredible, isn't it? "No mention of immigration". No but he did mention the affordable housing shortage which is genuinely the most important issue and which has been ignored completely by everyone else.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What's he going to do about housing though? Unless he proposes more building on green land, then I don't think he can do all that much. He mentioned allowing councils to borrow more for social housing. They don't even borrow what they can at the moment.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Labour have confirmed that they are a threat to our national security, our economic security and to the security of every family in Britain.
                                      So says Gove.

If they intend to revive Beechcroft they might have to drop "security".

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Bored of Education wrote: Incredible, isn't it? "No mention of immigration". No but he did mention the affordable housing shortage which is genuinely the most important issue and which has been ignored completely by everyone else.
                                        Ipsos Mori's August poll has voters rating immigration as the most important issue. 50% of respondents mentioned it. Housing was in seventh with 16%.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Oh yes, I know that. People are thick. Perhaps I should have said that the housing shortage is the biggest problem we are facing, if not the biggest issue.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Bored of Education
                                            Incredible, isn't it? "No mention of immigration". No but he did mention the affordable housing shortage which is genuinely the most important issue and which has been ignored completely by everyone else.
                                            Ipsos Mori's August poll has voters rating immigration as the most important issue. 50% of respondents mentioned it. Housing was in seventh with 16%.
                                            Housing is only going to get worse by 2020.

Good he talked about reaching out a hand of friendship to migrants.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Agreed that housing is a big and possibly preeminently important issue. But he's not going to get a hearing on it if he doesn't placate or dissolve (one assumes his aim would be the latter) voters' concerns on what they see as more important issues.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It's 2015. Do we really think voters' concerns are likely to be remotely the same in 2020?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote:
                                                  Good he talked about reaching out a hand of friendship to migrants.
                                                  He said "refugees".

Comment

Corb Blimey!

ad hoc wrote: It's 2015. Do we really think voters' concerns are likely to be remotely the same in 2020?
                                                    Health is certainly one that will get more important.

I can't see immigration getting less important. The EU referendum is going to be wall to wall cuntery on a scale never seen before.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X