Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus,it's humid as a sauna here in Dublin,ffs get on with it and rain

Comment

Ah, that's better. Steady in Sussex, nothing spectacular (odd clap of thunder) but suddenly the world outside feels and smells fresher.

Comment

When i explain the weather situation to Italians they scarcely believe me...Where i am, there is a thunderstorm almost every evening (standard Alpine weather in summer)

Comment

Milanesi should get it because one out of five or so hit the city with a vengeance.

Comment

On my only weekend in Milan there was a massive thunderstorm on the Saturday afternoon

Comment

No blood moon tonight thanks to the bloody clouds.

FFS.

Comment

It's been really weird down here in Essex. I was down on the seafront and we had westerly winds, then all of a sudden within a ten minute period the winds changed and it started coming in from the south. I watched the black clouds come up from the Isle of Sheppey and the straight line which brought on the big spots of rain. The rain here is now on and off. A lot of the rain is evaporating in the upper atmosphere due to the heat, but whenever it does rain, it smells so fresh you wouldn't believe it. Also the whole town smells of the sea, which shouldn't be to surprising for a seaside town, but it's not that often it does. Really twisted cloud formations coming over the Thames estuary as well, including multiple layers of cloud which go on for great vertical height.

Comment

WE HAVE RAIN!!! first in Dublin since May,proper heavy wet stuff too,I'm glad I took the washing in before I left the house

Comment

I hope Spoony’s plans have not been scuppered by the rain. Although, true love is nice in the rain.

Comment

Im so bored of this interminable rain. When's the sunshine back?

Comment

Never. Never! We have wished it permanently away, hobbes. It will rise tomorrow and be a lovely block of cooling ice.

Comment

The combination of baked hot ground and copious amounts of rain means it now smells like the being inside the Palm House at Kew.

Comment

Rain due tomorrow afternoon. Can barely wait. I'm sweating waterfalls from just sitting around and typing this.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                              I hope Spoony’s plans have not been scuppered by the rain. Although, true love is nice in the rain.
                              We missed all the rain, didn’t get caught by walkers as the picnic turned saucy, left greystones as the spitting started, was safely eating what is assuredly The Best Pizza and affogato in Dublin (Forno 500) when the heavens opened. Poor feckers at the Bryan Ferry concert got destroyed but judging by the state of them in the pub. That’s what you get for paying for a fox hunter’s pension but. Now it’s refreshingly cool on the balcony. result!

Comment

I was in Brogans next door earlier! It did cross my mind that you liked that place

Comment

Haha, as well you didn’t pop in, we were the disgustingly touchy feely eejits making a show of ourselves at the back by the kitchen. Some poor old yank on his own at the next table was treated to some cooing bollocks by two folk old enough to know better.

Comment

Its amazing seeing rain like this. For tonight, anyways.

Comment

“Cooing bollocks” is a phrase to conjure with.

Comment

Boro v Sunderland friendly yesterday night abandoned at half time due to ludicrous thunderstorms (torrential rain and lightning strikes à gogo.) This was by far the highlight of the evening:
                                        https://twitter.com/SunderlandAFC/status/1022930339017248768

Comment

Bit breezy today.

Comment

You’ve had yr fun, being back Ra.

Comment

Just had thunder in Stockport. Which explains my belting headache.

Comment

Did you get struck?!

Comment

Well, just had a monster thundersorm, felt like a mountain was coming down at times. Got down from the tops shortly before it hit...

Comment

Absolutely tipping it down in West Didsbury. Which is a bit of a problem when you are manning a stall of paper goods for the day.

We might see a potential customer within the next half an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X