The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    You're all getting the bivalent ones, I presume?

I don't think that there will be enough doses for everyone in the UK, so I expect that the old and medically-vulnerable will be prioritised over the younger and more healthy, though if the supply is stretched out it could be the differences between the two groups won't be particularly pronounced.

Comment

I think they're going for half and half doses.

Comment

Just had my booster - Moderna bivalent, no side effects (yet)

Comment

It looks like I'm eligible for a fresh bivalent booster (shot 5, it would be). It's not been advertised very heavily, if at all. But I might pop out on Monday or Tuesday and get it stuffed in my arm along with the flu one for this year.

Comment

Had my half and half bivalent this morning. Got the full set now, 2 x OX AZ, 1 x Pfizer and 1 x Moderna.
            No side effects yet.

Comment

Good to see that nobody on here is ambivalent about bivalent.

Comment

Off to get my bivalent (and flu) tomorrow lunchtime.

My current collection will be

Moderna first
                Moderna second
                Moderna booster
                Pfizer booster
                Moderna bivalent

I don't have a particular preference for Moderna. In fact, if our local pharmacy wasn't fully booked all the time I'd have more Pfizers. It's just that the places that have more availability local to me seem to have Modernas.

Comment

I got bivalented at blameless's local pharmacy at lunchtime. I was in and out in under 5 minutes, which was nice and made a pleasant change from the waits in the past at the large vaccination sites.

Arm's a bit sore at the moment, but that's it so far. I'm not sure that the arm had finished aching from the 'flu jab on Saturday, actually.

Miss NS was testing for the 'vid earlier so the jab was quite well-timed.

Comment

And, my booster's been postponed...

Comment

Had booster yesterday - no idea what it was. Large queue to get in, but there were 10 people administering the vaccine, plus helpers, so only took around 5 minutes to get sorted. Stiff upper arm this morning but that's all.

Comment

My son had his divalent Pfizer one on Friday. Headache and mild fever on Saturday, and a very sore arm.

Comment

Had a flu jab and fourth Covid injection last Thursday. Spent most of the weekend in a not unpleasant stupor. Better today.

It's much more casual now. Those arriving for shots were mostly wearing masks, but none of the pharmacy employees were, except the pharmacist who was administering them. There were also several walk-in patients, so the whole, once complicated, appointment process now seems redundant.

Comment

Had my 4th Covid and 1st ever flu jab on Wednesday, being newly age qualified for the latter.

It was at a local church hall/community centre which I've never been to before (or indeed know its location until Mrs D's earlier visit there).

I was in and out in about a minute, a far cry from the first jabs which were much more convoluted. The young lad (they're all young nowadays) jabbing didn't even give me a "sharp scratch" warning. Just straight in with the needle and "other arm please".

Only after-effect was a sore Covid arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              And, my booster's been postponed...
                              Just had it. Pfizer No. 4.

Comment

Had my flu jab on Tuesday and my Moderna booster on Thursday, the only noticeable side effect was an incredibly sore arm for a few days after the booster.

Comment

I got another Pfizer, for which I had to trek to Felling\Old Fold, part of Gateshead. Sore arm and a funny taste in my mouth then general fatigue leading to an early night.

Flu jab in the other arm at my local GP 2 days later. Recognised the nurse from previous years confirming I am now definitely an auld bastard.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1621800227295625216?t=M9hIZ_4SCqz5kt6TaqmLPw&s=19

We've only got a week left to get a booster.

Comment

I can’t work out if this means a third jab or a fourth jab. They need to stop calling them boosters.

Comment

I don't remember how many I've had anyway.

Comment

Four. I've had four.

Comment

I've had four. I'm debating whether to get another one, especially if that's the end of the vaccination program.

Comment

The bivalents have arrived in Argentina, with about a million of the old monovalent booster doses expiring last month and 2.5 million more due to expire next month. There's no waiting list as such now: they're just encouraging anyone who's gone more than four months since their last booster to make an appointment for another. Girlfriend and I are umming and ahhing about whether to get the bivalent one now, hang on a bit until early August, so we can travel to the UK (and, of course, get on a plane) in late August with nice high antibody levels, or do both (on the assumption that if we get one now they'll still let us get another before we travel rather than changing the policy).

Biden's 'annual boosters' comment a few months back was just him hypothesising over one possible approach to take, rather than an inside line on how Pfizer's testing suggests it should be used, right?

Comment

The UK government quietly ending the general provision of free vaccines went unremarked on this thread, didn't it? Another "Covid, oh that is OVER" moment that has some justification but plenty the other way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                                  The UK government quietly ending the general provision of free vaccines went unremarked on this thread, didn't it? Another "Covid, oh that is OVER" moment that has some justification but plenty the other way as well.
                                                  I did post about that on 5th.

My wife went for her booster but there were no stocks left due to the high demand. I couldn't even get an appointment locally.

Comment

I am quintuple jabbed. Got my bivalent eleven hours ago. Had a paracetamol when I got home and another a couple of hours ago and am feeling fine so far. Slightly sore arm.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X