No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my vaccine appointment this evening. April 6 @ 2:39pm! ("arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time to the immunization clinic. Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment.") I guess if I at 2:35 or 2:36pm. Or even worse 2:28pm, I'm toast eh?

Comment

So. Side effects anyone?

Can't say I've noticed any significant changes from my usual state.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
        So. Side effects anyone?

Can't say I've noticed any significant changes from my usual state.

TBF, the two vaccines currently in use in the UK do seem to often provoke an unpleasant set of side-effects, more that you hear about from other common inoculations anyway. There are plenty of examples upthread.

Personally (Ox-AZ jab) I just had a bit of a sore arm for two or three days and was possibly a bit tireder than normal for a similar period .

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          I got my vaccine appointment this evening. April 6 @ 2:39pm! ("arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time to the immunization clinic. Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment.") I guess if I at 2:35 or 2:36pm. Or even worse 2:28pm, I'm toast eh?
          What kind of ignorant shite is this?

I turned up when the bus did, unless the Covid centre is running the bus and trams now to coordinate with their appointments

Out of touch wankers

Comment

I turned up when the bus did, unless the Covid centre is running the bus and trams now to coordinate with their appointments

Out of touch wankers
            This is to stop the vaccination centre getting jammed up and slowing down the process. Also, if you have loads of people milling around, it increases the chances of infection. If you get there early, wait outside a few minutes or wait in the car.

Comment

People were waiting three-four hours indoors to get vaccinated at Blanchardstown hospital in Dublin a few weeks back. The piss-poorness of the HSE probably ensured more than a few folk got Covid in the waiting rooms and corridors.

Comment

My wife's had second AZ now. Side effects if anything a bit worse than before, and had to take a couple of days off work. A lot for her employer, the NHS, to deal with!

As last time, when she recovered it came very quickly.

Comment

Out of touch wankers
                  Isn't a de c in Canada? The public transport options around him are likely free of trams and light on connecting busses

Comment

I went to bed feeling fine but ended up shivering all night, with a nagging headache. Felt under the weather this morning but I had to attend some business in Liverpool so paracetamol and grim determination on the menu. Getting better now, just spent an hour walking around the docks before my train home. A bit sweatier than usual and still feeling a bit off but no big deal really..

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

This is to stop the vaccination centre getting jammed up and slowing down the process. Also, if you have loads of people milling around, it increases the chances of infection. If you get there early, wait outside a few minutes or wait in the car.
                      That's correct. Unlike the UK, there are a limited number of sites here, hospitals, community centres, some colleges, that's about it. It's really important they monitor the flow. Also here the onus is on the individual to apply for a vaccination. We have to contact our Health Region, they won't contact us.

Also TAB's right. There's no public transport to the site I'm visiting, as an example.

Comment

Cheers AdC.

(And apols)

Comment

Five days after I got my AZ jab and I'm doing much better. Am out in the park with the kids (they've got two weeks Easter holiday, I'm taking the first week off work for childcare, my husband will do the second week). But, my energy levels are still much lower than usual. I can only do a maximum of about an hour's housework at one time before I have to sit down and rest, I get out of breath and feel like I'm going to pass out otherwise. And I still have a huge red, itchy bump on my arm at the injection site.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

That's correct. Unlike the UK, there are a limited number of sites here, hospitals, community centres, some colleges, that's about it. It's really important they monitor the flow. Also here the onus is on the individual to apply for a vaccination. We have to contact our Health Region, they won't contact us.

Also TAB's right. There's no public transport to the site I'm visiting, as an example.
                            Same as the UK, they are using church halls, mosques etc for testing and vaccination centres.
                            BTW, not everyone in the UK get's called for their vaccinations, this really depends on your GP and how good their communication apparatus is. An extra-effort is made to contact people with special care needs like the elderly or vulnerable people. The area's where people are contacted are usually in the area's where there is a higher than expected vaccination rate meaning there are alot of free spots open. The NHS booking website is national so they are reluctant to name the next cohort on a national level as everyone will take up all the available slots which makes sense. Unfortunately, that means in some parts of the country, vaacinations vary quite wildly on a day by day basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                              I can only do a maximum of about an hour's housework at one time before I have to sit down and rest ...
                              I'm not sure I do an hour's housework a month.

Comment

BTW, not everyone in the UK get's called for their vaccinations, this really depends on your GP and how good their communication apparatus is.
                                My mistake. Most family and friends over there got calls so I assumed it was standard. My stepson's wife (40) in Haringey got a call out of the blue last week asking if she wanted to come in for one.

Comment

Same as the UK, they are using church halls, mosques etc for testing and vaccination centres.
                                  BTW, not everyone in the UK get's called for their vaccinations, this really depends on your GP and how good their communication apparatus is. An extra-effort is made to contact people with special care needs like the elderly or vulnerable people. The area's where people are contacted are usually in the area's where there is a higher than expected vaccination rate meaning there are alot of free spots open. The NHS booking website is national so they are reluctant to name the next cohort on a national level as everyone will take up all the available slots which makes sense. Unfortunately, that means in some parts of the country, vaacinations vary quite wildly on a day by day basis.
                                  I actually got two text messages, one from my GP and one from the NHS as well as a letter from the NHS. Obviously, they really wanted me to get the vaccine!

Comment

I got a text saying to book. Then a week or so before my appointment, I got a phone call asking if I could go late that afternoon to the sister surgery to my Doctors. Then they called again at lunchtime asking if I could come earlier.
                                    They really wanted to see me too.
                                    No letter though.

Comment

I'm now on for 5.30 today at my GP 5 mins walk away rather than Centre for Life on Thurs.
                                      Seem to be unable to cancel my original 1st jab appointment online

Comment

Our dad is due to get his second shot on Thursday.

Comment

The Mrs. J got her first yesterday, having been on the list and waiting for a notification (pre-existing conditions) for nearly a month. Local pharmacy for her. Not sure which version she got at the moment.

I'm getting my first today, having not been eligible until just a few days ago. Mass vaccination site for me. (Pfizer)

The mass vaccination site has begun offering the Johnson&Johnson/Janssen single-dose, but only one-day a week for only part of that day.

Comment

My wife got hers today at Excel. Completely unexpected, she received an SMS from Bart's saying she could go, just show the message. Any inpatient from the last 10 years gets it, apparently. I accompanied her and I reckon I could have easily been vaccinated too if I'd just said I was also there for vaccination, but I'm happy to wait a bit seeing as I've already got antibodies kicking around me.

As AE said in an earlier post, incredibly efficient and professional service, we were in and out within 20 minutes, that's without a specific timeslot.

My wife also asked about mixing jabs, she was told by the paramedic who vaccinated her that will never happen, you 2nd jab will definitely match your first.

Comment

We just got our second jabs. Very good feeling for now. Lotsa talk of soreness, wooziness for a few days, we will see.

Comment

Had my first jab today - Astra Zeneca. Was given a second jab date of 11 weeks’ time on exit. All very pleasant. No side effects so far.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                  We should have a thread for last to be vaccinated. I'm nominating me, and March 2023 as the date.
                                                  I'll be a contender for the prize. New Zealand is (depending on your political bias) either taking a cautious approach which is justified by a lack of community cases, or lacking the urgency that the pandemic requires. It will be months before I'm on a list for the jab. Pfizer is the only option here.

Comment

Cory Doctorow thread on vaccine rollout and Cuba

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1377290915987918849?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X