No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Son's school have an online parents evening where they will discuss vaccinating some of the kids.

Comment

My daughter's school principal sent out an email yesterday advertising the vaccination event that was fully booked up 20 minutes after being opened 3 days earlier (see my post on November 3rd).
      I wish she was more on the ball for this kind of stuff, she habitually sends out info that is outdated (like the testing calendar for September in early October, as another example).

Comment

Now that we can book the booster a month in advance, I've got my appointment, for 6th December.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
          Now that we can book the booster a month in advance, I've got my appointment, for 6th December.

Cheers for the heads up. Just booked myself in for 1st December.

Comment

Odd, I thought it would only be from Monday!

Comment

First shot in the books for both kids, it's a real weight off. They were excellent at supporting each other during as well.

Comment

Booked in for my booster at the end of the month. As a warm up I had my regular flu jab at the village pharmacy this afternoon.

Comment

Booster for me and Mrs, and the Kiddo done 1st shot now. Incredibly privileged we are.

Comment

My daughter had her 1st jab today. She's the only one in the family to have been offered a lollipop after one.

Comment

Good piece in Spiegel on the Romanian situation. Makes it vey clear who some of the guilty parties are. They never should be forgiven https://www.spiegel.de/international...3-33a4905a65d3

Comment

Very good indeed.

https://twitter.com/nycmayor/status/1458470441077592068?s=21

Comment

[https://twitter.com/mathieuvonrohr/status/1458891704115867650?s=21

Comment

Eastern Switzerland is a haven for naturopath charlatans passing themselves as doctors and a fertile ground for belief in the evils of modern medicine

Comment

I was surprised that Graubunden was as high as it was

Comment

Well as long as they actually get vaccinated then I'm all for this (as long as the idiots don't manage to kill themselves or send themselves to the hospital).

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...detox-rcna4859

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine. Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies

Comment

My father is boosted (and flu jabbed in the other arm at the same appointment).
                                  Mrs D has hers at Boots on 7 December.

Whereas I (49 years and 7 months old) am getting tremendous mileage out of being too young for the booster. "It's just for the old folk", "young people (like myself).." etc

Comment

My wife went to get her Bleep today, but found out that she'd actually booked it for a fortnight's time...

Comment

Boosterrrred with Moderna a couple of hours ago, slightly sore arm but otherwise fine (touch wood)

Comment

Got my appointment on the 16th next month meself.

Good news for jwdd about the extension of the booster program btw

Comment

Irish government has announced that all over 50s to get the booster, when and where are still up in the air.

Comment

Interesting correlation between this survey of general scientific illiteracy and vaccine take up in the EU

Poland ranked fifth from last among European Union member states in a study probing scientific knowledge among the general public. The research found, for example, that only half of Poles believe in the idea of evolution, while 28% think that humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs.

The study by Eurobarometer, the EU’s polling agency, surveyed 37,103 respondents in 38 European countries (including 11 outside the EU). It was conducted in April and May this year, primarily through face-to-face interviews.

Among the questions asked were 11 testing scientific knowledge. Only 10% of Poles got eight or more correct, which was the lowest figure among all EU countries apart from Greece (8%), Cyprus (5%), Bulgaria (4%) and Romania (2%).
                                            https://notesfrompoland.com/2021/11/...-in-evolution/

Comment

Austria announces a national vaccination mandate (medical exceptions only) to come into effect on 1 February. The minimum age is yet to be set.

The government has also announced a ten day national lockdown (vaccinated and unvaccinated) starting Monday.

The country registered more than 14,000 new cases yesterday.

Comment

I just got Boosterized today. I topped my Moderna up with more Moderna, which wasn't ideal (I'd have preferred a viral vector on top of the mRNA to have a more diverse defence), but that was what was available.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, cases in the state were clearly on the rise. They've started rocketing up in the last week and yesterday the governor gave the go-ahead for everyone to be allowed boosters, ahead of the federal CDC and FDA authorization (which will probably come in the next few hours). So I thought I'd sign up and get in the door as quickly as possible. There wasn't much capacity - it turns out that most of the distribution sites are doing Pfizer and the Pfizer sites are all doing 5-11 year olds, and I think because they want the kids to wait longer and because parents are in the pharmacy with the kids when they get vaxxed, apparently the rate of processing of kids is much slower than adults. So I took what I could which was another Moderna out in darkest Methuen.

It went in about 90 minutes ago and my arm already feels achey and tired. I think this is entirely psychosomatic. We are clearly very worried about the Winter Wave here, though. But capacity in the pharmacies is going to get pinched. Opening up to the under-12s at the same time as opening up boosters to the full population means the demand is going to be very high. It's frustrating given that the pharmacies were pretty empty in September and October and we were just burning time.

Comment

My wife got her booster yesterday and started feeling crappy around 6PM, fell asleep, woke up again at 10PM feeling fine.

Comment

The CDC approval came through 30 minutes ago

Comment

Working...
                                                    X