The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

I've seen that argued. But I've also seen a reasonable counter-argument made - that many people don't trust the simplistic advice to act when a lot of that action is obviously unnecessary. If people see that the CDC is basically ignoring great swathes of research that say that being outside is basically safe, then they start to distrust every bit of advice from the CDC.
    I honestly don't think the problem is people listening to the CDC. It's people who would rather get their scientific advice from facebook or some far right congressperson. I think those who ae [paying any attention to the CDC will - in general - forgive them for being overcautious or occasionally changing their advice

Comment

These side effects are a right pain. Thought I'd escaped but they kicked in on Saturday (day after the jab) and I've felt absolutely shit since, like having mild flu. I mean, if that's a faint echo of what COVID is like it makes me even more glad I've had the injection, but I'll be glad when they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
        These side effects are a right pain. Thought I'd escaped but they kicked in on Saturday (day after the jab) and I've felt absolutely shit since, like having mild flu. I mean, if that's a faint echo of what COVID is like it makes me even more glad I've had the injection, but I'll be glad when they're gone.
        AZ presumably - some relatives who got that mentioned the same.

Comment

I got Pfizer and felt sick for 2-3 days each time.

Comment

That's right. Hopefully I'll follow the 'only get side effects for one of them' pattern I believe had been noted.

Comment

Just for the record, P didn't get so much as hurty arm or a sniffle. I got more side effects from my second dose than she got from her first. She truly is carved out of rock. (In a good way)

Comment

Has it been mentioned that the NHS app now carries your vaccine status and a QR code if you've had both jabs? It seems something of a beta thing for now (and says it expires on June 20) and looks intended for travel only at the moment.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-05-2021, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  Has it been mentioned that the NHS app now carries your vaccine status and a QR code if you've had both jabs? It seems something of a beta thing for now (and says it expires on June 20) and looks intended for travel only at the moment.
                  It does indeed, just checked meself...

Comment

Mine doesn’t. What version number are you on?

Comment

Tell a lie, I was looking at the NHS covid app

Comment

I wish the NHS app was useful for anything other than ordering repeat prescriptions.

Comment

Got first Pfizer jab today. Other than a two hour queue, it was very efficient. I have to apologise for some harsh posts earlier about the Irish healthcare system, in fact they are doing a massive job once they got the supplies.

Comment

And finally, Esther... First jab booked for 27 May. Second on July 1st.

And not the shitty Brexit vaccine either.

Once again I apologise to anyone I have previously pissed off on this thread.

Comment

Nice one, LM.

As we live in an area where the Indian variant is becoming active, we've been able to bring our second jabs forward - only a week in my case (it's now this Friday) but Mrs TrL will leapfrog me as she has managed to get one on Thursday (was previously due in first week of June).

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                Nice one, LM.

As we live in an area where the Indian variant is becoming active, we've been able to bring our second jabs forward - only a week in my case (it's now this Friday) but Mrs TrL will leapfrog me as she has managed to get one on Thursday (was previously due in first week of June).
                                Out of curiosity, how did you go about it?

Comment

Had to go in and cancel the existing one and then re-book. Took it on trust that the text Mrs TrL received from her GP was accurate in that there were loads of free slots at local vaccination centres.

Comment

Had to go in and cancel the existing one and then re-book. Took it on trust that the text Mrs TrL received from her GP was accurate in that there were loads of free slots at local vaccination centres.

I got a re-book prompt too but decided against it. The current appointment isn't too bad and I'd be gutted to cancel it and then have to travel further at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                      And finally, Esther... First jab booked for 27 May. Second on July 1st.

And not the shitty Brexit vaccine either.

Once again I apologise to anyone I have previously pissed off on this thread.
                                      The shitty Brexit vaccine?

Comment

There is a mention on website those eligible will be contacted. I'll see, my next appointment is in less than a month.

Comment

Oddly, I wasn't contacted but Mrs TrL was. Didn't stop me doing the cancellation/new booking though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                            There was a time when the only 0203 numbers I encountered were law firms, and most (financial) law firms had switched to 0203 numbers, but that's no longer the case.
                                            Had two presumed spam calls from unknown 0203 numbers today, they hung up immediately on answering. Really hope this is just a blip. My phone's spam blocking has been pretty decent until now.

Comment

If anyone is over 30 but hasn't had the first jab yet, they can take part in a new vaccine trial at https://www.ukcovid19study.com/nihr

Comment

Surgery contacted husband so he's now booked in for his second jab today (nearly three weeks earlier than the slot I'd managed to book online, which I will now cancel). Hopefully side effects will be less severe this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                  Surgery contacted husband so he's now booked in for his second jab today (nearly three weeks earlier than the slot I'd managed to book online, which I will now cancel). Hopefully side effects will be less severe this time.
                                                  You won't need to cancel the other appointment. I had a similar experience and when I returned from the appointment I went online to cancel the other. It wouldn't let me do it without booking another appointment. So I called 119 and she thanked me for doing so but explained that by the following day the system would update it automatically. So I checked online the following day and, sure enough, it had.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                                    You won't need to cancel the other appointment. I had a similar experience and when I returned from the appointment I went online to cancel the other. It wouldn't let me do it without booking another appointment. So I called 119 and she thanked me for doing so but explained that by the following day the system would update it automatically. So I checked online the following day and, sure enough, it had.
                                                    That's helpful thanks. I'll check online the day afterwards then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X