No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my second AZ this afternoon, already feeling flu like but was feeling run down before. Hope it's nothing more than that.

Comment

That's me a member of the OTF doubled up club. Had an afternoon nap and, at the moment feel, absolutely fine, unlike my oppo who had his yesterday and is feeling dead rough.

Comment

I had my second one last Fri. The first time I was fine until I made the mistake of having a few drinks and then felt awful for three days. I also had recurrent headaches whenever I got slightly dehydrated so I'm avoiding alcohol at the moment.

Comment

Had my first vaccine last night. Had the Pfizer one. Bit of an arm ache overnight and throughout today, but nothing too bad.

Comment

Got My second Pfizer on tuesday morning. I woke up the following morning and my arm was in agony, and I had muscle pains throughout my torso and legs.

Now Admittedly I had been gardening like a man possessed, and chopping up bushes and small trees with unsuitable tools, all day monday, and consequently felt like that before the jab, but you never know with these things.

Comment

Got Pfizered for the first time this time yesterday morning. So far absolutely nothing. In fact I feel better.

When it happened, I didn't realise that she had already done it. I felt absolutely nothing.

I have no doubt she actually shoved it in though. I presume all vaccinators are periodically controlled. She just must have been very good at her job.

Anyway, very happy to have finally got done. Things are going a pace here now. More than a million vaccines per week. Jab 2 in 5 weeks time.

Vaccine approval rate in The Netherlands now up to 84% from the rather worrying 68% at the start of the vaccine programme.

I wonder what the approval figures for France are, which weirdly, has a history of low vaccine uptake, given that every second shop there is a palatial pharmacy.
              Last edited by Logan Mountstuart; 28-05-2021, 09:41. Reason: 1m vaccines per week not month

Comment

Henry Slade, England International and Exeter Rugby player, has helpfully given an interview to The Telegraph saying he is anti-vax. His justification is his Type 1 diabetes but he's also anti-lockdown, so I think he's just a fucking idiot.

There and a fair few of them with this stance down at Exeter. Something in the water at the training ground?

What's even more stupid is that the interview is mainly about his frustration at not being picked for the Lions. Mate, if you ain't getting vaccinated, you're not even on the standby list.

Comment

In Romania cities and towns are vaccinating at pace. Villages not so much. Apparently my (nearby) town is currently the best vaccinated one in the country at 44% fully done earlier this week. Most other towns are up there around 35-40%. However the number of fully vaccinated people in villages is just 5% which is very depressing. I'm hoping that they start providing mobile vaccination vans to go round and get people done, since that is probably the main reason for this discrepancy

Comment

Over here a sudden drop in supply of J+J vaccine could affect numbers in June. It doses for the 50s are nearly complete, work colleague aged 50 got done yesterday, another one aged 49 getting done this morning. Two friends aged 51 and 50 getting done at the weekend.

Comment

Me and ms johnr both got an NHS e-mail inviting us to bring forward our 2nd dose, which we can only do on the system by cancelling the 1st. She got on the system before me, cancelled it, and was immediately given an appointment 13 days after her initial one (which is now lost)? Which takes her into 14 weeks, rather than the 10-week recommendation that the e-mail was supposed to facilitate. 119 say it can't be changed, and having just been to the Centre, they're saying 'well, maybe attend on the original date, and see if you can persuade the people on the day to let you in'. Not good at all.

Comment

Sorry to hear this johnr, I'm sure it can be solved but it's not what you need.

Comment

Thanks AE - though I'm not sure how it can be solved. I've done a bit of rooting around, everywhere is now shut for advice until Tuesday, but it seems like the only hope will be if the local GP vaccination programme can help - though their online guidance is 'if you booked via the national booking system, we cannot help you'. I guess she can try ringing the GP and saying 'there is no medical info/guidance on if AZ offers protection beyond 12 weeks, so as a vulnerable person it's your duty of care to keep me safe' sort of thing...

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                            Me and ms johnr both got an NHS e-mail inviting us to bring forward our 2nd dose, which we can only do on the system by cancelling the 1st. She got on the system before me, cancelled it, and was immediately given an appointment 13 days after her initial one (which is now lost)? Which takes her into 14 weeks, rather than the 10-week recommendation that the e-mail was supposed to facilitate. 119 say it can't be changed, and having just been to the Centre, they're saying 'well, maybe attend on the original date, and see if you can persuade the people on the day to let you in'. Not good at all.

Oh, that's poor.

I got a text message from somewhere a few weeks ago suggesting that I re-book, but the necessity of cancelling the existing booking put me off. My second jab wasn't imminent or particularly local, and people were saying that they were getting offered improved slots when they went through the process, but I didn't fancy taking a chance. Looks like my caution might have been a wise decision.

Comment

My wife had her second jab yesterday.

Comment

Had my vaccination yesterday, Pfizer, no side effects so far other than a sore arm. Same for my partner whose jab was Thursday.

Interesting tales about the rebooking above, as the centre I went to was a nightmare journey, and the centre seemed over crowded. At one section there were three check-in desks side by side –maybe 50cm apart. I'd prefer to have the second somewhere else, but it sounds like that may be fraught with other risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Oh, that's poor.

I got a text message from somewhere a few weeks ago suggesting that I re-book, but the necessity of cancelling the existing booking put me off. My second jab wasn't imminent or particularly local, and people were saying that they were getting offered improved slots when they went through the process, but I didn't fancy taking a chance. Looks like my caution might have been a wise decision.
                                  Same for me. Got a slot in 2 weeks at a convenient time and i have booked the day after in case i react the same way.

Comment

"Fans looking to see punk bands Teenage Bottlerocket, MakeWar and Rutterkin in St. Petersburg, Fla., on June 26 will have to spend just $18 to get in if they’re vaccinated — while unvaccinated attendees will be charged $999.99 per ticket."

https://thehill.com/changing-america...inated-1000-if

Comment

My other half had his first jab today. He also got pfizer. Not even any arm-knack as yet.

Comment

I'm off to Croydon again in a few hours for my second jab. Just a bit of a sore arm first time around so we'll see what this one brings.

Comment

Jabbed.

Apparently, although mild side-effects are lower after the second Ox-AZ shot, the clot risk is a bit higher. 1/100,000. If it happens it will be between 4 days and 4 weeks afterwards.

They were insisting that everyone wear a new mask, too, which I suppose makes sense.

Comment

Hmmmm, the leaflet they gave me says that the clot risk is higher after the first dose. Oh well, no matter. Just need to look out for unusual headaches, pinprick bruising and a few other possible symptoms.

Comment

Got notification to register for my second Pfizer shot last night. Problem is their site has crashed and they're not taking calls, so I can't actually do it. Still, I'm sure it'll be sorted in a month or two.

Comment

Finally waiting on hold. The message "that for your convenience you can book your appointment on line" is more than a little ironic.

Comment

Phew. Done. Our area was totally booked up within a few hours, so we have to go to White Rock — about half-an-hour away — which is just fine.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X