X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please share

https://twitter.com/hackneylad/status/1394955384251691010?s=21

Comment

My partner, who is 3.5 years younger than me and has a different, more efficient GP than me (because the surgery changed catchment area rules before I moved here), is now also booked in for their first jab. A day before mine and in our town rather than 10 miles away. I'm not jealous at all...

Comment

I got a second Moderna today, so let the side effects begin. I'm prepared with home remedies I've heard about: vitamins C and D, Gatorade (and just hydration in general), and acetaminophen. It'll feel strange but great to go without a mask most of the time and not worry about anyone getting too close, but it's probably going to be tough undoing these habits. I'll still consider people who don't cover their nose with their masks weirdos.

Comment

ms ursus had hers last weekend and had zero side effects, not even the mild tenderness around the injection site that she had from the first. They are by no means inevitable. Good luck.

Comment

Just back from receiving my second jab at the Angel Centre, Tonbridge. All dealt with as efficiently and routinely as before. Unfortunately, I also witnessed the most extreme example of obnoxious stupidity that I’ve seen during this whole pandemic, and I’ve come across more than a few idiots. There was a man two behind me in the queue - mid-30's, overweight, slightly thuggish-looking and not wearing a mask. The first NHS official to deal with him must have assumed that he was medically exempt, and checked him through. The second, a middle-aged lady, actually asked him why he wasn’t wearing a mask, as it was a requirement. “I don’t give a fuck,” he replied. “I haven’t worn one through all of this.” He then looked around in that belligerently defiant manner that we’ve all seen in non-mask wearers, as if challenging anyone to take issue with that. Everyone else in the queue stared at him in disbelief, but nobody said anything. At this point I wished that I was more like my youngest brother, a man never shy of confrontation who, as recently as a decade ago, was working the doors at some of Maidstone’s rougher nightspots at the weekend to earn some extra cash. He would have said quite a bit and probably offered to show him the error of his ways in a more physical fashion. Anyway, after a brief consultation amongst themselves, the officials shepherded dickhead off to a far corner of the hall where they appeared to be processing his vaccination. It’s a shame they couldn’t just have shown him to the exit, but I guess it would have been more trouble than it was worth, and the twat now has the vaccination entitling him to two weeks on the piss at one of the Med’s less salubrious resorts this summer, which, I assume, must have been his only reason for being there.

Comment

Originally posted by gjw100 View Post
              Just back from receiving my second jab at the Angel Centre, Tonbridge. All dealt with as efficiently and routinely as before. Unfortunately, I also witnessed the most extreme example of obnoxious stupidity that I’ve seen during this whole pandemic, and I’ve come across more than a few idiots. There was a man two behind me in the queue - mid-30's, overweight, slightly thuggish-looking and not wearing a mask. The first NHS official to deal with him must have assumed that he was medically exempt, and checked him through. The second, a middle-aged lady, actually asked him why he wasn’t wearing a mask, as it was a requirement. “I don’t give a fuck,” he replied. “I haven’t worn one through all of this.” He then looked around in that belligerently defiant manner that we’ve all seen in non-mask wearers, as if challenging anyone to take issue with that. Everyone else in the queue stared at him in disbelief, but nobody said anything. At this point I wished that I was more like my youngest brother, a man never shy of confrontation who, as recently as a decade ago, was working the doors at some of Maidstone’s rougher nightspots at the weekend to earn some extra cash. He would have said quite a bit and probably offered to show him the error of his ways in a more physical fashion. Anyway, after a brief consultation amongst themselves, the officials shepherded dickhead off to a far corner of the hall where they appeared to be processing his vaccination. It’s a shame they couldn’t just have shown him to the exit, but I guess it would have been more trouble than it was worth, and the twat now has the vaccination entitling him to two weeks on the piss at one of the Med’s less salubrious resorts this summer, which, I assume, must have been his only reason for being there.
              I'm surprised he was getting the vaccine to be honest. Not a pleasant experience for anyone that.

Comment

Mrs AE had hers a few hours ago, she went to Guys at London Bridge and was given the Moderna one which was a relief to us all as we've been worried she would get the AZ one.

Comment

My son had his first jab yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    Mrs AE had hers a few hours ago, she went to Guys at London Bridge and was given the Moderna one which was a relief to us all as we've been worried she would get the AZ one.
                    My partner had the latter; should she be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

My partner had the latter; should she be worried?
                      I doubt it. The risks associated with AZ and blood clotting are minimal but since we've suffered so much from things that are 1 in a million or even rarer we've developed, and my wife even more so, a fear that these things will happen to us even if the statistics say they won't.

Comment

Signora Rogin has wangled herself her second jab next Sunday, just by hovering on facebook pages where NHS drop-in centres are offering them on first come first served basis. That's how she got her first one too. This means that at 39 she will have had both her jabs before June, whereas aged 49 I have to wait until 10 July for my (scheduled) second one.

I can't take advantage of the 'tune in, turn up, get jabbed' places because they're only offering the AZ one and my first jab was Moderna.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          Signora Rogin has wangled herself her second jab next Sunday, just by hovering on facebook pages where NHS drop-in centres are offering them on first come first served basis. That's how she got her first one too. This means that at 39 she will have had both her jabs before June, whereas aged 49 I have to wait until 10 July for my (scheduled) second one.

I can't take advantage of the 'tune in, turn up, get jabbed' places because they're only offering the AZ one and my first jab was Moderna.
                          How did you get on with the Moderna one Rogin?

Comment

I was perfectly fine for 48 hours - I had my jab on Sunday at noon - but after a full day's work on Tuesday I realised I physically couldn't keep my eyelids up, so went to bed at 6pm and slept solidly for 14 hours. Felt groggy the next day too but I think was just my system reacting to such a whack of downtime.

Comment

He wouldn't want to try that shit over here, a woman in Cork is spending the weekend in jail for refusing to mask up in a supermarket.

Comment

Me and Mrs TrL are now both in the ranks of the fully vaccinated (OA-Z), no ill effects for her this time (she had a banging headache most of the day after the first one), and hopefully none for me either, although I'm only just hitting 24 hrs since I had mine (in a converted portakabin round the back of a Tesco Metro).

Comment

Worldwide we have now administered 1.62 billion doses of Covid-19 vaccine, which would be enough for about 20% of the world's population to have received one dose. 383 million people, or 4.9% of the world's population are now considered "fully vaccinated", though I suspect booster doses may well be needed in future.

Where doses have been given is heavily skewed towards richer countries but I still consider it encouraging progress.

Comment

China was experiencing vaccine hesitancy, but after a big PR drive, and a small local outbreak that scared people, it recently managed to administer 100 million doses in only nine days: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/19/c...hnk/index.html

China still has less than half its population vaccinated though.

Comment

Just had a phone call from the Docs and I'm in for my second AZ jab tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Booked in for my second jab, a week tomorrow.

Comment

Second jab done yesterday afternoon - AZ - and not a single reaction of any kind to it, not even a stiff arm.

Comment

Aren’t you worried now that it was a fake-out?

Comment

Not at all (well not until you mentioned it).

Comment

When I got my first jab I didn’t look at the needle going in and felt nothing. I was genuinely concerned that I was being bullshitted until the side effects kicked in

Comment

Oh the needle went in ok. As a former blood donor it doesn't bother me in the slightest and was watching as the needle definitely went in and administered the dose.

Comment

To be honest and knowing Tonbridge and T Wells and some.of the various estates, doesn't surprise me, it does surprise me they were getting the jab, and in that respect glad he was getting it as might stop him acting as a super spreader. No doubt be will have been off to the Humphrey Bean afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X