X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered why Ireland hadn't appeared in this thread

https://twitter.com/Arnold_Platon/status/1343118725805973504?s=19

Comment

I find the messaging of having very old care home patients be first in the queue to be interesting.

Comment

The choices are striking. Nurses, doctors, the elderly, and in the case of Czechia, the PM

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          I find the messaging of having very old care home patients be first in the queue to be interesting.
          I recently argued that they should use the vaccine where the expected extended life calculation should be used. My parents, both in their 70s, didn't seem to agree with me.

Comment

This may border on stupid conspirobollocks but I've heard people say the vaccine is being tested on the elderly to see if there are side effects. I hope that's not true.

Comment

Comment

After fleeing to an island retreat and avoiding Covid-19 she still keeps posting. Rarely do I wish ill on other people but ...

Comment

I'm by no means set in my opinion on this, but I tend to think that first in the queue for the vaccine should be essential workers, especially healthcare and then teaching staff. If you're forced to work in risky circumstances, you should have the right to an early vaccine, I feel.

Comment

I agree 100% with Jimski on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      She's wrong to regard pre-existing health conditions as chronically ill. That could be mild asthma or something. I mean, it's Julia Heartless-Bitch, so you wouldn't expect her to be right about something. And the idea of getting rid of the "useless eaters" like the old and the ill is straight out of the Nazi lexicon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                        I'm by no means set in my opinion on this, but I tend to think that first in the queue for the vaccine should be essential workers, especially healthcare and then teaching staff. If you're forced to work in risky circumstances, you should have the right to an early vaccine, I feel.
                        In which case teachers should be right up there getting the vaccine alongside the emergency services.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                          Surely this is self-evident.

Comment

Hartley-Brewer is filth. As is Paul Embery. Pair of dirty lying scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

She's wrong to regard pre-existing health conditions as chronically ill. That could be mild asthma or something. I mean, it's Julia Heartless-Bitch, so you wouldn't expect her to be right about something. And the idea of getting rid of the "useless eaters" like the old and the ill is straight out of the Nazi lexicon.
                              Isn't being overweight classed as an underlying condition? In which case that's 67% of men and 60% of women by itself.

Comment

Just obese, I think. But that is still a large chunk of the population. 'Overweight' is more considered an additional risk factor.

Comment

Thanks. But still 26% of men and 29% of women - a lot of the population, as you say.

Comment

does underlying health conditions include the (extremely common) type 2 diabetes?

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                      does underlying health conditions include the (extremely common) type 2 diabetes?
                                      Yes it would. Regardless of whether that diabetes is being managed well or not. Same as asthma or other conditions that aren't necessarily life-threatening but make you more vulnerable to other illnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Yes it would. Regardless of whether that diabetes is being managed well or not. Same as asthma or other conditions that aren't necessarily life-threatening but make you more vulnerable to other illnesses.
                                        So what percentage of the population has an underlying health condition then I wonder?

50% is my guess if over a quarter of adults are obese.

I know it's very morbid but has their been a breakdown of deaths with their underlying health conditions?

This kind of dangerous and unregulated tweet needs to be challenged as she's getting coverage of her dangerous views.

Comment

this guy is still taken seriously as a pundit

https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/status/1343278338698338307?s=20

Comment

Paul Embery was (maybe still is) a firefighter.

On those statisitics looks like the fire service is a complete waste of money too.

There were 243 fire-related fatalities in 2019/20 (the lowest number of fire-related fatalities in the annual series) compared with 253 in the previous year. Incidents that FRSs attend are categorised into three main types - fires attended, non-fire incidents and fire false alarms

Comment

San Bernardhinault

​​​​​​​A Lancet article in June said...
                                              We estimated that 1?7 billion (UI 1?0–2?4) people, comprising 22% (UI 15–28) of the global population, have at least one underlying condition that puts them at increased risk of severe COVID-19 if infected (ranging from <5% of those younger than 20 years to >66% of those aged 70 years or older). We estimated that 349 million (186–787) people (4% [3–9] of the global population) are at high risk of severe COVID-19 and would require hospital admission if infected (ranging from <1% of those younger than 20 years to approximately 20% of those aged 70 years or older).
                                              https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...264-3/fulltext

I've also seen a figure that says 60% of the US population has an underlying health condition. But I'm not sure what that was based on.

Comment

Russia is the 4th country in the world to exceed 3 million cases of Covid-19. Deaths have also really ramped up, to nearly 55,000.

Comment

South Africa is the first African country to exceed one million cases. And has reported nearly 27,000 deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                    Paul Embery was (maybe still is) a firefighter.

On those statisitics looks like the fire service is a complete waste of money too.
                                                    Hah! Yeah. Wonder if anyone has made that point to him.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X