No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine had more than 10,000 new cases for the first time yesterday, meaning it has recorded more than 450,000 cases in total. It's up to 8,450 deaths.

Comment

France is 7th country to reach 40,000+ deaths.

Comment

Czechia has now reported more deaths than China, 4,681.

Comment

Honduras has exceeded 100,000 cases and reported 2,745 deaths.

Comment

Europe and North America have both exceeded 12 million cases of Covid-19. Yesterday, Europe posted more than twice as many new cases as North America, and might overtake it in terms of cases later today.

Comment

North America still has far more deaths, nearly 364,000 currently, and South America has recently exceeded 300,000 deaths.

Comment

Oceania hasn't reported any deaths for at least a couple of days, but there's a growing outbreak in French Polynesia, which is up to nearly 10,000 reported cases.

Comment

USA has exceeded 30,700 cases per million population, or over 3% of the population confirmed to have been infected with Covid-19. Still a long, long way from any type of herd immunity, if that's even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

We're going to have to send these people a cease and desist letter, and lash them with a couple of IP suits over their branding, aren't we?
                    Ireland has given many gifts to the world, this would be yet another

You might also want to give these lads a call

Comment

Out and about in Greenwich today, it was a lovely day weather wise which might explain why it was packed. Who knows what the rules are now.

We bumped into another family pushing their toddler and baby, you stop and chat as you do, she turned out to be a conspiracy theorist and was taking about those poor people in Liverpool being forced to take a test. We made an excuse and left.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Ireland has given many gifts to the world, this would be yet another

You might also want to give these lads a call

I fear that the image of the boxer is not the best one when talking about brain damage.

Comment

The new mask mandate in Massachusetts seems to be being treated as advisory in places. From what I've seen the application by the public has been reasonable - in crowded outdoor places people are now masked, but the people cycling and jogging on their own remain unmasked even though technically we are told that we must wear masks any time we're in a public space.

Comment

Too many people appear to have given up in Harrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                              Family traditions and similar considerations aside, I find it hard to imagine anyone picking one university over another on the basis of its superior Catholicism.
                              I suspect they sell themselves as having more traditional curricula and teaching methods, like a throwback to the Fifties.

Comment

It's really much more about preferential access to Catholic power structures in business, politics and law.

Those structures are very much in place in every major city in the Northeast, Midwest and California, with local Catholic universities playing a major role, but Notre Dame's national pre-eminence is unmatched.

The only three universities that my father's rather traditional and anti-intellectual family fully recognised were West Point, Notre Dame and the place I ended up going to.

Comment

My father's Irish-American (and Catholic, natch) family had Notre Dame stickers on various cars and other ND paraphernalia. I was the first on that side of the family to graduate from college (and it was Santa Cruz).

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    The new mask mandate in Massachusetts seems to be being treated as advisory in places. From what I've seen the application by the public has been reasonable - in crowded outdoor places people are now masked, but the people cycling and jogging on their own remain unmasked even though technically we are told that we must wear masks any time we're in a public space.
                                    I don’t think it’s really necessary if you aren’t close to other people. I don’t think there’s any evidence that it survives on the wind.

Comment

I agree. There’s no reason for masks outdoors unless you are in a group and staying together for more than 10 minutes. The governor does not appear to agree but perhaps just wants really simple rules because people aren’t smart enough to understand anything even slightly nuanced.

Comment

There’s a lot of truth in that, but most people around here seem to get it. Like, I see people on the paths and trails just putting their mask on when they see other people, as do I.

Comment

I think that the simple rule explanation is behind a lot of this

What we had here early on were people who had been jogging or biking without a mask and felt that they should be allowed to make a "quick" visit to a shop on the way home.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBCWalesNews/status/1325769146697740288?s=19

Comment

I should have bought some Pfizer stock....

Comment

Pfizer apparently claiming 90% effectiveness of trial vaccine. Long way to go but encouraging news.

Comment

Is it too much to hope that we could be rid of Trump and Covid in the same month?

Comment

You can bet he will claim it's down to him....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X